Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozell 17:06 - Apr 13 with 5080 viewsmrshallisfit

Why?
What is the point of?
Andre Dozell on 17:07 - Apr 13 with 3820 viewsSamWhiteUK

It's because Ipswich fans have to have someone in their squad that they can over-rate at any given time
Andre Dozell on 17:09 - Apr 13 with 3767 viewsmrshallisfit

Andre Dozell on 17:07 - Apr 13 by SamWhiteUK

It's because Ipswich fans have to have someone in their squad that they can over-rate at any given time

Especially if they are one of their own. Personally I dont think he is worth the steam off his father's piss.
Andre Dozell on 08:20 - Apr 14 with 3485 viewsblueball1

There’s a player in there, we forget he’s young, be honest have you ever played the game at a decent level. I think not. Youngsters go through spells where nothing works and the game seems against you, i bet he’s comes good although most woul rather he failed.
Andre Dozell on 08:22 - Apr 14 with 3479 viewsitfcjoe

Quick, let’s end this positivity and turn on the youngsters.

He was poor yesterday, and rightly subbed off - but everyone has a poor game. Did you miss his vision and pass to put Quaner in one on one on Weds? That is the point of Dozzell.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Andre Dozell on 08:28 - Apr 14 with 3445 viewsBluebell

Andre Dozell on 08:22 - Apr 14 by itfcjoe

He was poor yesterday, and rightly subbed off - but everyone has a poor game. Did you miss his vision and pass to put Quaner in one on one on Weds? That is the point of Dozzell.

^This ^

Isn't it time to stop knocking the players. Dozzell did make a few mistakes yesterday but so did most of the players. We played much better with 2 strikers up front in the second half and I am sure Lambert explained that to Andre when he substituted him.

The lad had a lot of time out injured and played on Wednesday so was probably struggling a bit.
Andre Dozell on 08:36 - Apr 14 with 3389 viewstextbackup

Was terrible yesterday, nothing seemed to come off for him.

Bullied off the ball far too often. L1 just isn’t for him, unfortunately

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Andre Dozell on 08:37 - Apr 14 with 3378 viewschristiand

Spot on Joe, but don't come on here and start posting sensible, level headed comments like that. You've been here long enough to know that knee jerk comments get a better reception.

Thought Mills' comments after the game were spot on about our young players. They need to start stepping up to the mark instead of being 'promising' footballers.....be footballers. I believe they can do it, especially with this opportunity next season. Not sure they'd have got it if we were still trying to tread water in the Championship. Go and grab this opportunity with both hands!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Andre Dozell on 08:42 - Apr 14 with 3354 viewstextbackup

Bloke near me said yesterday ‘if all he can do is makes 5 good attacking passes a game that’s really not enough’

At that point I wanted to cry, not at the final whistle

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Dozell on 08:58 - Apr 14 with 3291 viewsallezlesbleus

Next season, more than ever, we need to give our younger players a chance...….not slag them off after a couple of games, especially after being out for a season with a bad injury.

It takes time for youngsters to consistently perform well. It is easier for them when one youngster steps into a confident, established group of players who are winning. It's much harder for 2 or 3 to be thrown in at the same time, when confidence is low and most of the team (including season pros) are likely to make at least one mistake per game.

Personally, I hope the size of our squad is reduced. I hope that Lambert identifies his best starting 11, keep a decent core of 16/17 players and try and get the team used to playing together again. But, the fans need to be patient next season and not start finding scapegoats after the odd poor performance.
Andre Dozell on 09:03 - Apr 14 with 3257 viewsnodge_blue

Andre Dozell on 08:20 - Apr 14 by blueball1

There’s a player in there, we forget he’s young, be honest have you ever played the game at a decent level. I think not. Youngsters go through spells where nothing works and the game seems against you, i bet he’s comes good although most woul rather he failed.

No one would rather he failed. Why would we? But we do now need to see all these young guys influencing games. If you look at assists and goals for dozzell, Downes, nydam....How many are there?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Andre Dozell on 09:19 - Apr 14 with 3164 viewsmrshallisfit

Andre Dozell on 08:37 - Apr 14 by christiand

Spot on Joe, but don't come on here and start posting sensible, level headed comments like that. You've been here long enough to know that knee jerk comments get a better reception.

Thought Mills' comments after the game were spot on about our young players. They need to start stepping up to the mark instead of being 'promising' footballers.....be footballers. I believe they can do it, especially with this opportunity next season. Not sure they'd have got it if we were still trying to tread water in the Championship. Go and grab this opportunity with both hands!

Yes. But he rarely does this does he. Bishop is showing that he will do this. That's exciting. Also, all this he is young etc etc. We see many talented younger footballers who are doing it regularly. Its now or never.
Andre Dozell on 09:20 - Apr 14 with 3157 viewsReuser_is_God

Andre Dozell on 08:42 - Apr 14 by textbackup

Bloke near me said yesterday ‘if all he can do is makes 5 good attacking passes a game that’s really not enough’

At that point I wanted to cry, not at the final whistle

Mick McCarthy was in the crowd?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Andre Dozell on 09:20 - Apr 14 with 3157 viewspickles110564

He (at the moment) is living of his Father's name. One decent pass in 45 minutes is not enough. Look how many poor ones he made it that time. He is too lightweight for what we need, maybe in time but not looking like it at the moment.
Andre Dozell on 09:20 - Apr 14 with 3149 viewssparks

Andre Dozell on 09:19 - Apr 14 by mrshallisfit

Yes. But he rarely does this does he. Bishop is showing that he will do this. That's exciting. Also, all this he is young etc etc. We see many talented younger footballers who are doing it regularly. Its now or never.

Thats crap. He has played very well in the previous two games.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Andre Dozell on 09:22 - Apr 14 with 3142 viewsMullet

Andre Dozell on 09:20 - Apr 14 by pickles110564

He (at the moment) is living of his Father's name. One decent pass in 45 minutes is not enough. Look how many poor ones he made it that time. He is too lightweight for what we need, maybe in time but not looking like it at the moment.

I don't think that's fair at all. If anything he's being heavily scrutinised from day one because of that name and its associations.

He wasn't ready in his first season, was robbed of his breakout because of injury and has come back into contention during the worst season in decades. I'd rather see what Lambert can do with him first from scratch before deciding where and how he can cut it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Andre Dozell on 09:24 - Apr 14 with 3127 viewsmrshallisfit

Andre Dozell on 09:20 - Apr 14 by sparks

Thats crap. He has played very well in the previous two games.

Very well? Really?
Andre Dozell on 09:27 - Apr 14 with 3113 viewspickles110564

Andre Dozell on 09:22 - Apr 14 by Mullet

I don't think that's fair at all. If anything he's being heavily scrutinised from day one because of that name and its associations.

He wasn't ready in his first season, was robbed of his breakout because of injury and has come back into contention during the worst season in decades. I'd rather see what Lambert can do with him first from scratch before deciding where and how he can cut it.

His performance yesterday was rubbish as was Kenlock for their goal, absolutely dreadful. Just because they come through our youth system means they should get in the team.
Lambert will need to spend a lot of time working with them over close season, hopefully they will come good.
Andre Dozell on 09:28 - Apr 14 with 3104 viewsRomeo4

Andre Dozell on 09:22 - Apr 14 by Mullet

Good post. He’s looked lacking in recent games but there’s a player in there. Perhaps needs bulking up or increased stamina work. Let’s not write him off until Lambert’s had a chance to work with him.
Andre Dozell on 09:30 - Apr 14 with 3088 viewssparks

Andre Dozell on 09:24 - Apr 14 by mrshallisfit

Very well? Really?

Yes. Really.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Andre Dozell on 09:37 - Apr 14 with 3050 viewsKeaneish

Andre Dozell on 08:37 - Apr 14 by christiand

Mill's is bang on. Players like Downes have a lot of Championship experience as does Bishop. I have real doubts about whether Dozzell is going to make the mark in League 1. Has a great pass in him but drifts In and out of games too much. Can't remember too many prolonged spells in games where he's one his battles to good effect. We all want him to do well for obvious reasons but with a fully fit squad, he's way down the pecking order behind Huws, Adeyemi, Bishop, Judge, Ward etc. How many of them will be here next season will remain to be seen though...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Andre Dozell on 09:43 - Apr 14 with 3015 viewsMullet

Andre Dozell on 09:27 - Apr 14 by pickles110564

His performance yesterday was rubbish as was Kenlock for their goal, absolutely dreadful. Just because they come through our youth system means they should get in the team.
Lambert will need to spend a lot of time working with them over close season, hopefully they will come good.

Sure, but who hasn't put in a bad performance this season?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Andre Dozell on 09:49 - Apr 14 with 2977 viewssparks

Andre Dozell on 09:37 - Apr 14 by Keaneish

Mill's is bang on. Players like Downes have a lot of Championship experience as does Bishop. I have real doubts about whether Dozzell is going to make the mark in League 1. Has a great pass in him but drifts In and out of games too much. Can't remember too many prolonged spells in games where he's one his battles to good effect. We all want him to do well for obvious reasons but with a fully fit squad, he's way down the pecking order behind Huws, Adeyemi, Bishop, Judge, Ward etc. How many of them will be here next season will remain to be seen though...

Im not sure people have been watching him properly in the last couple of games. Constantly wanting the ball, makign himself available, then truning deftly out of trouble before picking passes which are invariably accurate, and sometimes brilliant.

Andre Dozell on 10:02 - Apr 14 with 2877 viewsNo9

I am sad to say that yesterday (I sat on the PR side), I had forgotten young Dozell was on the fop
Andre Dozell on 10:03 - Apr 14 with 2875 viewsstrikalite

Andre Dozell on 09:49 - Apr 14 by sparks

Im not sure people have been watching him properly in the last couple of games. Constantly wanting the ball, makign himself available, then truning deftly out of trouble before picking passes which are invariably accurate, and sometimes brilliant.

People often don't see that, his first touch is superb, always looking for pockets of space, those little one touch balls, but if I could tell him one thing as just a football person it would be to get out of Town and make a move abroad, it would really suit him and turn him into a very good player..
Andre Dozell on 10:03 - Apr 14 with 2863 viewsLord_Lucan

He's a kid FFS, give him a break. Even established internationals have drops of form.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024