Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) 16:16 - Apr 13 with 3958 viewsSimonds92

Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 17:04 - Apr 13 with 3814 viewsmrshallisfit

Maybe. But..... Pathetic man of the match goes to...........Andre Dozell.
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 17:06 - Apr 13 with 3790 viewsnshearman1

Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 17:04 - Apr 13 by mrshallisfit

Maybe. But..... Pathetic man of the match goes to...........Andre Dozell.

It's utterly pointless and pretty pathetic to be homing in on scapegoating young players. The rot in this club is at the top and has been for over a decade.
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 17:12 - Apr 13 with 3729 viewsmrshallisfit

Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 17:06 - Apr 13 by nshearman1

It's utterly pointless and pretty pathetic to be homing in on scapegoating young players. The rot in this club is at the top and has been for over a decade.

He hasn't been scapegoated for his time as player. And baring one half of football he hasn't contributed anything of real worth. Keep Bishop though.
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 17:25 - Apr 13 with 3645 viewsDeano69

Kenlock had a very good second half.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 17:54 - Apr 13 with 3526 viewsRomeo4

He had a shocker for their goal and, like the rest of the team, was not up to it in the 1st half but I actually thought he had a decent second half and gives me hope that he’ll be a reasonable option next season.
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 17:56 - Apr 13 with 3507 viewsjas0999

Excellent post. Agreed.
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 17:57 - Apr 13 with 3498 viewsbluejacko

Ken lock was constantly exposed by Judge going missing first half!
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 18:01 - Apr 13 with 3436 viewsflimflam

Thought he had a very good game second half.

Noone played well first half so cannot pin much blame on him personally for the performance.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Login to get fewer ads

Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 18:36 - Apr 13 with 3261 viewsWickets

Yes he made a right pig's ear of their goal ,not sure if he realised the game had started , failed to contest the first ball in (header) then not sure why he just let his winger cross unchallenged. Picked himself up though and had a good second half .
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 18:43 - Apr 13 with 3199 viewsITFC_Forever

He’ll know he should have done much better for their goal, but he was ok for the rest of the game.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 18:45 - Apr 13 with 3184 viewsNo9

I wouldn't say pathetic, exposed & not properly supported though & maybe just plain not good enough as a defender.
But he wasn't alone
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 18:48 - Apr 13 with 3158 viewsAlexwaddell

Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 18:36 - Apr 13 by Wickets

Yes he made a right pig's ear of their goal ,not sure if he realised the game had started , failed to contest the first ball in (header) then not sure why he just let his winger cross unchallenged. Picked himself up though and had a good second half .

I don't think you can lay the blame on Kenlock. Our former academy players were not up to the physical challenges in the first half and the entire Town team only won 3 headers in the whole game. Dozzell and the other young ones were bundled off the ball in the first half. There was no opportunity to get possession, get the ball down and out pass Birmingham. When we had possession in the first half 60% of the passes went backwards with a further 20% going sideways. Young Kenlock was left exposed by Judge wandering infield, tho Judge had a great 2nd half.

Poll: What was today?

Kenlock has only recently got back in the team... on 19:08 - Apr 13 with 3056 viewsunstableblue

.. and has of late been playing really well

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 20:52 - Apr 13 with 2797 viewsSimonds92

All this "youngster' talk he's 22 years old.... Nowhere near good enough...
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 07:59 - Apr 14 with 2491 viewslondontractorboy57

Looks like Kenlock is heading the runners and riders list for next seasons fans boo boy.
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 09:24 - Apr 14 with 2404 viewsRomeo4

Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 07:59 - Apr 14 by londontractorboy57

Looks like Kenlock is heading the runners and riders list for next seasons fans boo boy.

Yes it seems like it’ll be Kenlock or Chambers. With young Dozzell as an outside bet. No good ever comes from booing a player. It’s the act of the moronic minority who are the real “pathetic” element of the OP’s post.

You can’t knock any of the players for a lack of effort. If they’re simply not good enough then that’s not their fault. It’s down to the club leadership to get better players in.
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 09:29 - Apr 14 with 2381 viewsmuccletonjoe

So who was playing well????
What is pathetic is to single out a young player who IS obviously a very good footballer and needs to learn from the game time he is being given.
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 09:31 - Apr 14 with 2375 viewsnshearman1

Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 20:52 - Apr 13 by Simonds92

All this "youngster' talk he's 22 years old.... Nowhere near good enough...

My post was actually in response to a further post on this thread about Dozzell, and was making a general point about scapegoating which you have ignored. The two together are youngsters, certainly in comparison to the rest of the team. Emmanuel was the other youngster, all the others were older and more experienced including the subs. Yes, Kenlock made a mess of the goal but a considerably older player, Collins, failed to cut out the cross, and Chambers lost his man. These are facts. Yours is an opinion, which as I seem to recall is rather like an a***hole.
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 09:38 - Apr 14 with 2346 viewsitfcbam

i have always thought Kenlock is a far better wing back than full back. As a wing back he doesn't have to focus on the defensive side quite as much so when he gets caught out of position it isn't quite as costly. The trouble is as part of a 4 when he gets caught out of position the rest of the back 4 then get exposed and often a mistake occurs where they are trying to cover. That's where Chambo sometimes gets much maligned and some of his apparent errors come from. If Kenlock can read the game better then he won't get caught as much he can improve
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 09:42 - Apr 14 with 2325 viewsMullet

Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 09:38 - Apr 14 by itfcbam

i have always thought Kenlock is a far better wing back than full back. As a wing back he doesn't have to focus on the defensive side quite as much so when he gets caught out of position it isn't quite as costly. The trouble is as part of a 4 when he gets caught out of position the rest of the back 4 then get exposed and often a mistake occurs where they are trying to cover. That's where Chambo sometimes gets much maligned and some of his apparent errors come from. If Kenlock can read the game better then he won't get caught as much he can improve

Spot on, I've been saying the same for years.

If you look at how he has grown, there is a much better attacking outlet there than Knudsen, but he is liable to lose his position and man and it costs us. Look at the goal Wolves scored when they beat us 1-0 last season or his first half at Barnsley.

Since then we've seen a lot happen, I'd like to think we'd not go back to wingbacks though. For me he and Emmanuel could play higher up if we get central midfield right.

Skuse sitting won't last a season, so maybe Dozzell can play there and we use Downes/Nolan/Bishop as the central midfielders with the addition of a big and physical player which we've missed with Huws and Adeyemi.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 11:20 - Apr 14 with 2209 viewsWickets

Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 18:48 - Apr 13 by Alexwaddell

I don't think you can lay the blame on Kenlock. Our former academy players were not up to the physical challenges in the first half and the entire Town team only won 3 headers in the whole game. Dozzell and the other young ones were bundled off the ball in the first half. There was no opportunity to get possession, get the ball down and out pass Birmingham. When we had possession in the first half 60% of the passes went backwards with a further 20% going sideways. Young Kenlock was left exposed by Judge wandering infield, tho Judge had a great 2nd half.

Sorry but you can lay the blame on Myles for the first goal,that is what i did, you cannot lay the blame on him for the very poor first half from the whole team. Learning to recognise you mistakes and so improve are part of becoming a better player. Judge always has been given a free role .
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 11:53 - Apr 14 with 2185 viewsSimonds92

Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 11:20 - Apr 14 by Wickets

Sorry but you can lay the blame on Myles for the first goal,that is what i did, you cannot lay the blame on him for the very poor first half from the whole team. Learning to recognise you mistakes and so improve are part of becoming a better player. Judge always has been given a free role .

We've conceded a lot of goals from that side of the pitch. Getting caught way out of position or way too weak. For me it was a pathetic attempt at a challenge for their goal. I just cannot understand that people have been going out of their way to try and praise him bearing in mind they were probably the same people who slated Knudsen who joined us at the same age. I cant see why we should change our formation to try and accomodate a left back who cant defend.
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 14:45 - Apr 14 with 2070 viewsNo9

Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 11:53 - Apr 14 by Simonds92

We've conceded a lot of goals from that side of the pitch. Getting caught way out of position or way too weak. For me it was a pathetic attempt at a challenge for their goal. I just cannot understand that people have been going out of their way to try and praise him bearing in mind they were probably the same people who slated Knudsen who joined us at the same age. I cant see why we should change our formation to try and accomodate a left back who cant defend.

Good points, MK did look ok going forward but his lack of positional sense and ability to get back when needed means he isn't a LB.
I do think he has been exposed but see that a real problem as a less than competent defensive midfield set up
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 15:55 - Apr 14 with 1987 viewsreusersfreekicks

Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 09:42 - Apr 14 by Mullet

Spot on, I've been saying the same for years.

If you look at how he has grown, there is a much better attacking outlet there than Knudsen, but he is liable to lose his position and man and it costs us. Look at the goal Wolves scored when they beat us 1-0 last season or his first half at Barnsley.

Since then we've seen a lot happen, I'd like to think we'd not go back to wingbacks though. For me he and Emmanuel could play higher up if we get central midfield right.

Skuse sitting won't last a season, so maybe Dozzell can play there and we use Downes/Nolan/Bishop as the central midfielders with the addition of a big and physical player which we've missed with Huws and Adeyemi.

Dozzell sitting! He doesn't tackle so not sure how that would work
Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 16:03 - Apr 14 with 1958 viewsMullet

Myles Kenlock.. . Pathetic (n/t) on 15:55 - Apr 14 by reusersfreekicks

Dozzell sitting! He doesn't tackle so not sure how that would work

Same way Pirlo used to do it. His biggest strength is balls into runners. There a multiple ways to play as a deep lying midfielder and not all of them are stop and kick styles.

I think it's where he is naturally suited but as I alluded to, the grunt work will rely on the two ahead of him. Plus he clearly needs to round out his game.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024