Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
should have just kept faith in hurst 13:55 - Apr 13 with 2842 viewstetchris

What was the point of getting rid of hurst due to poor results and replace him with a manager whose record is worse. Lambert wouldn’t have been my choice to replace hurst and I am one who believes he could and should have kept ipswich in the championship. We was in a similar position when MM took over and he kept us up. PL is just as experienced and frankly should have done better than he has done. Im not sure even if PL had replaced MM instead of PH in the summer that we wouldnt still be heading for league one. He can moan about a squad not being good enough, and about what happened pre season but the brilliant PR job that he’s done in blaming everybody else but himself has blinded people from the real truth which is that he is just not a very good manager and hasn’t been for a long while. He goes on about playing in Germany and getting Norwich up etc but he’s living on past glories, if you look at his recent managerial record, tbh it’s appalling for someone with his experience. I hope for the fans sake as well as PL that he hits the ground running from the very first game of next season otherwise he will find himself yet again out of a job in the UK and plying his trade in India or China. It’s a joke that’s the Scottish FA or the owners of Celtic would consider hiring him imho they could do better. I will support town next season as I do believe with the young players we have coming through it is the dawn of a new era but I’m just not sure PL is the man to lead town out of the darkness. Hate if you want but if you’re gonna go for an ex nodger as manager then Steve Bruce would have been my choice.
should have just kept faith in hurst on 13:57 - Apr 13 with 2804 viewsWD19

So what you are saying is that we should have kept Mick?

....Paul Hursts only redeeming feature is that he is not Chris Doig.
should have just kept faith in hurst on 13:58 - Apr 13 with 2798 viewsWeirdFishes

I really like Lambert too, glad we're on the same page.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

should have just kept faith in hurst on 14:04 - Apr 13 with 2756 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So much wrong with that post.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

should have just kept faith in hurst on 14:08 - Apr 13 with 2730 viewsWD19

should have just kept faith in hurst on 14:04 - Apr 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

So much wrong with that post.

Trying to pick my favourite bit. Currently I am thinking the winner is the contradiction between...

'should have just kept faith in hurst'

....as a statement,against previous post by this OP saying Paul Hurst should have....

'been charged for the successful deception of ME, Town fans and the players! Letting everyone believe he could successfully manage a championship football club.'
should have just kept faith in hurst on 14:14 - Apr 13 with 2696 viewschristiand

PH’s Ipswich that rarely, if at all, had a shot on goal in anger during games? Oh yes, should’ve stuck with him we were really beginning to carve teams open. I thought the QPR game at home where we offered b*gger all as an attacking threat was an incredible game to watch, a real managerial masterstroke to achieve that against a side at the time that were struggling themselves.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

should have just kept faith in hurst on 14:26 - Apr 13 with 2608 viewsPendejo

clicked to read, saw a cube of words, decided it probably wasn't worth reading.

Could you put some punctuation in please so I don't get a migraine trying to read your post?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

should have just kept faith in hurst on 14:28 - Apr 13 with 2594 viewsjeera

should have just kept faith in hurst on 14:26 - Apr 13 by Pendejo

Could you put some punctuation in please so I don't get a migraine trying to read your post?

Just a wall isn't it. My head hurt looking at it.

In response to his headline though, I would say we already know there was whole lot more wrong with Hurst than a handful of results.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

should have just kept faith in hurst on 15:16 - Apr 13 with 2402 viewssoclopath

should have just kept faith in hurst on 13:58 - Apr 13 by WeirdFishes

I really like Lambert too, glad we're on the same page.

At least Hurst wasn't the propaganda King his strength is he believes his own bull$hit every interview sounds like a broken record.He will be gone by Christmas and a new donkey will enter the Portman Road stable.
Login to get fewer ads

should have just kept faith in hurst on 15:23 - Apr 13 with 2328 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Your initial premise goes against your post of 14 Feb. Who knows what would have happened if Hurst had stayed but we were not moving in the right direction at all and it sounds like a lot was wrong behind the scenes too.

Give Lambert a chance. There is a lot that needs to improve but I think even MM would have been hard pushed to have kept us up this season.

Either way, Lambert is our manager, back him.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

should have just kept faith in hurst on 17:26 - Apr 13 with 1860 viewsronnyd

should have just kept faith in hurst on 14:26 - Apr 13 by Pendejo

Enough punctuation, but, not enough paragraphs.
should have just kept faith in hurst on 17:30 - Apr 13 with 1819 viewsRyorry

should have just kept faith in hurst on 17:26 - Apr 13 by ronnyd

Enough punctuation, but, not enough paragraphs.

Who effing cares about effing grammar right now!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

should have just kept faith in hurst on 17:32 - Apr 13 with 1799 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone else wondering if tetchris is actually Chris Doig?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

should have just kept faith in hurst on 17:32 - Apr 13 with 1789 viewsDeano69

Give me strength. Utter bobbins.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

should have just kept faith in hurst on 17:36 - Apr 13 with 1759 viewsFifeITFC

Worst trolling thread of the year?

0/10

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024