Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PSG owners may buy Championship club 09:15 - Apr 12 with 1361 viewsrickw

We're still Championship - hello!!!!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/04/11/psg-owners-may-buy-championship-

You imagine they'd want to buy a club in a big City, but there's always that chance!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

PSG owners may buy Championship club on 09:20 - Apr 12 with 1332 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Leeds would make sense to me.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

PSG owners may buy Championship club on 09:22 - Apr 12 with 1318 viewsmo_itfc

Maybe they could then lend us Naymar for the johnstone's paint trophy final!?

He's loves collecting trophies!

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

PSG owners may buy Championship club on 09:33 - Apr 12 with 1283 viewsclive_baker

QPR must be attractive I would think. Heritage club, affluent area of West London, highly marketable brand potential globally and not a million miles off being ready to challenge for promotion back to the Premier League. Limited development potential of Loftus Road might be a downer, but that's not insurmountable and given the increasing commercial and TV revenues I would think ticket income is only going contribute less as a % of turnover moving forward.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

PSG owners may buy Championship club on 09:58 - Apr 12 with 1226 viewsSaleAway

And this is all that is wrong with modern football. Soon there's going to be about 10 global owners, shuffling players between their different branded clubs... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

PSG owners may buy Championship club on 10:20 - Apr 12 with 1157 viewsitfcjoe

PSG owners may buy Championship club on 09:33 - Apr 12 by clive_baker

QPR must be attractive I would think. Heritage club, affluent area of West London, highly marketable brand potential globally and not a million miles off being ready to challenge for promotion back to the Premier League. Limited development potential of Loftus Road might be a downer, but that's not insurmountable and given the increasing commercial and TV revenues I would think ticket income is only going contribute less as a % of turnover moving forward.

Just can't make the revenues with QPR, a few have tried there and run into trouble but Loftus Road just isn't worth it.

I know it's not the right area of London for money but I think Charlton would be a better investment at the Valley - must be able to pick it up for a song too.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

PSG owners may buy Championship club on 10:24 - Apr 12 with 1138 viewschristiand

Did they specify Championship or League One club?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

PSG owners may buy Championship club on 10:26 - Apr 12 with 1125 viewsmonty_radio

PSG owners may buy Championship club on 10:20 - Apr 12 by itfcjoe

Just can't make the revenues with QPR, a few have tried there and run into trouble but Loftus Road just isn't worth it.

I know it's not the right area of London for money but I think Charlton would be a better investment at the Valley - must be able to pick it up for a song too.

Charlton would be a good shout - better stadium than QPR and a record club home attendance of 75000. Mind you, that even pre-dates the achievements of our current beloved song.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

PSG owners may buy Championship club on 10:27 - Apr 12 with 1109 viewschicoazul

The owner of Charlton is mental though, he would probably ask for 100m and a permanent seat on the board or something.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

PSG owners may buy Championship club on 10:37 - Apr 12 with 1057 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You can make money now off any club if they’re consistently in the PL - only reason other owners have failed with QPR is that they haven’t been able to achieve that

They’ll still be attractive to investors given the area of London - no doubt from a marketing perspective but probably more important is the ability that gives them to attract players, compared to say a Hull or a Swansea. Obviously that hasn’t really worked previously but with the right strategy (or indeed any strategy at all!) could prove successful

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024