Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are our youngsters actually any better than any other club's? 21:43 - Apr 10 with 1204 viewsAlexGreen

I've spent all season reassuring myself that we're going to turn this around by having a group of youngsters growing and leading the club back up the leagues, and it only really dawned on me tonight that maybe they're only playing because everyone else we've signed were even worse, and their ceiling is no more than League One either... please tell me I'm wrong and that we have some gems.

They're hardly the class of 92 though.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Are our youngsters actually any better than any other club's? on 21:45 - Apr 10 with 1170 viewshomer_123

Doubly hard to play youngsters in a team that's struggling.

We do have decent youngsters, there is talent there but they need help and they're not getting it. We struggle terribly in the final third, lack confidence and just give away silly goals.

Tough to thrive in that environment.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Are our youngsters actually any better than any other club's? on 21:46 - Apr 10 with 1141 viewsPinewoodblue

They are considered good enough to be selected to play for their Countries in their age group.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Are our youngsters actually any better than any other club's? on 21:52 - Apr 10 with 1079 viewsCheltenham_Blue

We have tremendous talent in our yoofs, but as yet, unrealised talent. None of them have really stood out over the last couple of years when hitting the first XI.

Of those that have, Doz is nowhere near where he was before his injury, and Bish's decision making is questionable, he ran into 4 or 5 Brentford players several times tonight trying to run through them, rather than releasing the ball at the right time.

I fear the club is hanging all its hopes on the kids getting us up and spending nothing, but for the first time, I do feel that we have a manager who wouldn't tolerate ME's corner cutting.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Are our youngsters actually any better than any other club's? on 21:52 - Apr 10 with 1084 viewsRegencyBlue

If we go into next season expecting our youngsters alone to get us up we are in for a shock I fear!

Evans is going to have to spend something to reinforce this squad, which is frighteningly short on quality, if we are to have any hope of coming back.
Are our youngsters actually any better than any other club's? on 21:53 - Apr 10 with 1071 viewskizaitfc

Difference will be our youngsters will be able to play weekly where as most others are sat on the bench or reserves.

It is however a massive gamble and could leave us sat in L1 for a season or 2 and even stagnate there.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Are our youngsters actually any better than any other club's? on 22:05 - Apr 10 with 957 viewsSwansea_Blue

No they’re not. A few rising stars in this piece who have actually made a difference this season, and there are plenty more where these come from.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47881958

We’ve always had biased views of our youngsters, understandably so as why wouldn’t we want to build up our youngsters? The reality is we’ve had very few of genuine quality any time recently. Cresser’s the only one to move upwards recently and stay there, and he wasn’t really ours.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Are our youngsters actually any better than any other club's? on 22:08 - Apr 10 with 932 viewsGarv

A few have genuine talent. For me, the pick are Lankester, Bishop obviously, and Dozzell. Also really like Woolfy. I'm really yet to properly warm to Downes.

We do like to over egg them as a group though, I agree.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Are our youngsters actually any better than any other club's? on 22:09 - Apr 10 with 926 viewsBlue_Moses

Are our youngsters actually any better than any other club's? on 22:05 - Apr 10 by Swansea_Blue

No they’re not. A few rising stars in this piece who have actually made a difference this season, and there are plenty more where these come from.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47881958

We’ve always had biased views of our youngsters, understandably so as why wouldn’t we want to build up our youngsters? The reality is we’ve had very few of genuine quality any time recently. Cresser’s the only one to move upwards recently and stay there, and he wasn’t really ours.

Agreed. Dyer,Wright, Bent and Cresswell in the past 20 years? Sure I'm missing a few but to think we have a whole team of them is crazy.
Look how many of the FA youth cup winning team actually made it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024