Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Red lines! 10:42 - Mar 24 with 16604 viewsbluejacko

Just watched Andrew Marr,now if the SNP and Labour have got their red lines but are not prepared to budge on them what makes everybody think the Govt should move on theirs.
Total cock up all round if nobody wants to compromise then no deal it is because there is no other option!
Red lines! on 11:10 - Mar 24 with 5981 viewsBlueBadger

Actually, there is. Be a grown up, acknowledge it for the costly, embarrassing, destructive, divisive clusterf*ck that it is and forget about the whole stupid idea.

We didn't call a boat 'Boaty McBoatface' despite the Will of the People saying we should because it was patently a stupid idea, neither should we do this. At the very least not without further consultation now YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE GETTING.

[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 11:20]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Red lines! on 11:18 - Mar 24 with 5954 viewsHerbivore

There are many other options than no deal. Stop blaming the wrong people for this cock up, it's all on the heads of Brexiteers, May, and her government.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Red lines! on 11:21 - Mar 24 with 5946 viewsfooters

Red lines! on 11:18 - Mar 24 by Herbivore

There are many other options than no deal. Stop blaming the wrong people for this cock up, it's all on the heads of Brexiteers, May, and her government.

What about remaining? Seems a good idea.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Red lines! on 11:22 - Mar 24 with 5940 viewsHerbivore

Red lines! on 11:21 - Mar 24 by footers

The fact that it is, by some distance, the most sensible option and yet nobody is really championing it speaks volumes for what a mess this country is right now.

Red lines! on 11:40 - Mar 24 with 5878 viewsbournemouthblue

Theresa May has a difficult job but she hasn't helped herself by calling an election which shrunk her majority, she then went about the negotiations with her three amigos and pursued her own deal without getting anybody on side

It should be no surprise to anyone that in representative democracy, you have to compromise if you want to get things through. She has continually failed to understand that

She still is determined to force her deal through to preserve her own fate

I believe Farage himself has said we need a smooth transition and you only get that with a soft Brexit I'm afraid.

Those doggedly sticking to the hard Brexit scenario are being conned by people who are far too rich for it to be truly effect them, in fact in some cases, those who invest money will make good money out of the turbulence by transferring investments out of this country and into safer areas
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 11:41]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Red lines! on 12:06 - Mar 24 with 5831 viewsbluejacko

Didn’t really try to lay the blame on anyone did I? Just said no wonder there is no compromise if they all have their red lines and no one will budge.
Red lines! on 12:11 - Mar 24 with 5812 viewsRyorry

Red lines! on 11:40 - Mar 24 by bournemouthblue

Theresa May has a difficult job but she hasn't helped herself by calling an election which shrunk her majority, she then went about the negotiations with her three amigos and pursued her own deal without getting anybody on side

It should be no surprise to anyone that in representative democracy, you have to compromise if you want to get things through. She has continually failed to understand that

She still is determined to force her deal through to preserve her own fate

I believe Farage himself has said we need a smooth transition and you only get that with a soft Brexit I'm afraid.

Those doggedly sticking to the hard Brexit scenario are being conned by people who are far too rich for it to be truly effect them, in fact in some cases, those who invest money will make good money out of the turbulence by transferring investments out of this country and into safer areas
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 11:41]

I honestly think that most people over 16 in the UK, given the choice of how to set about offering a Referendum on this matter IF they were forced to (which obviously Cameron & Co weren't) and how to deal with any outcome, would have

1. Required a 60%-40% majority for any change to the status quo
2. If there'd been 60%+ vote to leave, would have a) set up cross party talks to discuss the best way of achieving Brexit b) made a decision on that and c) only then invoked Article 50.

Unfortunately we lackthe political system, and hence political leaders, with the intelligence/common sense/integrity/selflessness/sense of responsibility to have gone down that route.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Red lines! on 12:17 - Mar 24 with 5795 viewspickles110564

Red lines! on 11:21 - Mar 24 by footers

When we get our seats together Brexit is off the topics m8 :o)
Login to get fewer ads

Red lines! on 12:19 - Mar 24 with 5794 viewsfooters

Red lines! on 12:17 - Mar 24 by pickles110564

When we get our seats together Brexit is off the topics m8 :o)

But between you and Banksy you'll have me outvoted two to one! I will respect the will of people...

Red lines! on 12:19 - Mar 24 with 5786 viewsDarth_Koont

Red lines! on 12:11 - Mar 24 by Ryorry

I honestly think that most people over 16 in the UK, given the choice of how to set about offering a Referendum on this matter IF they were forced to (which obviously Cameron & Co weren't) and how to deal with any outcome, would have

2. If there'd been 60%+ vote to leave, would have a) set up cross party talks to discuss the best way of achieving Brexit b) made a decision on that and c) only then invoked Article 50.

Unfortunately we lackthe political system, and hence political leaders, with the intelligence/common sense/integrity/selflessness/sense of responsibility to have gone down that route.

Agreed.

And of course if we had a national media with any real integrity, there wouldn't have been decades of propaganda and lies predominantly against the EU and in favour of right-wing Eurosceptics.

The last 3 years have been about trying to emerge from an overall ignorant and dangerous mindset to deal with reality.

Pronouns: He/Him

Red lines! on 12:23 - Mar 24 with 5776 viewsLeaky

No it was a peoples vote its peoples fault. Its Just that more leavers got off there backsides to vote than remainer's. Now all the stop at homer's who want to change the result.
Red lines! on 12:39 - Mar 24 with 5737 viewsHerbivore

Red lines! on 12:23 - Mar 24 by Leaky

No it was a peoples vote its peoples fault. Its Just that more leavers got off there backsides to vote than remainer's. Now all the stop at homer's who want to change the result.

It's the fault of people who voted leave, sure.

Red lines! on 12:44 - Mar 24 with 5724 viewspickles110564

So to reverse the result you say it would have to be 60 - 40 in way of remain?
Red lines! on 12:53 - Mar 24 with 5713 viewsbluejacko

Does anybody actually think that if the result was as close the other way round our politicians would have given a stuff about the minorty vote and argued that their voice has to be heard! Not on your life.
Red lines! on 12:54 - Mar 24 with 5707 viewsfooters

Red lines! on 12:53 - Mar 24 by bluejacko

Does anybody actually think that if the result was as close the other way round our politicians would have given a stuff about the minorty vote and argued that their voice has to be heard! Not on your life.

Not what Farage said.

Red lines! on 13:03 - Mar 24 with 5692 viewsXYZ

Red lines! on 12:54 - Mar 24 by footers

Not what Farage said.

Or Rees Mogg ...
Red lines! on 13:36 - Mar 24 with 5653 viewsLeaky

Red lines! on 12:39 - Mar 24 by Herbivore

It's the fault of people who voted leave, sure.

You a bit dim. Not enough remainders voted you can't blame the people voted leave. I guess you one of those to busy playing on computer games to bother to vote
Red lines! on 13:42 - Mar 24 with 5640 viewsfooters

Red lines! on 13:36 - Mar 24 by Leaky

You a bit dim. Not enough remainders voted you can't blame the people voted leave. I guess you one of those to busy playing on computer games to bother to vote

You a bit dim.

Red lines! on 13:45 - Mar 24 with 5632 viewsHerbivore

No mate, I'm the opposite of dim. It's amazing how little responsibility you Brexiteers are willing to take for the situation that you're now claiming it's the fault of remainers that leave won. It's not down to all those people who voted leave at all, no siree.

Red lines! on 13:47 - Mar 24 with 5627 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Should definitely implement the first one if we have another go.....bearing in mind the current status quo!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Red lines! on 13:49 - Mar 24 with 5625 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Red lines! on 12:44 - Mar 24 by pickles110564

So to reverse the result you say it would have to be 60 - 40 in way of remain?

Great minds heh Pickles.....poor old Footers wont know what's hit him!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Red lines! on 13:50 - Mar 24 with 5623 viewsJ2BLUE

The first thing we should do is say we are staying until the current funding cycle ends in 2020. We've paid or will be paying for it so we might as well use that time to come up with something else. We would need to elect MEPs but who cares?

I do think this saga is coming to an end though (at least the most critical stage) as long as we have those indicative votes in parliament. I think parliament will vote against revoking article 50 but instead vote for a second referendum.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Red lines! on 13:56 - Mar 24 with 5608 viewsjeera

Red lines! on 13:47 - Mar 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Should definitely implement the first one if we have another go.....bearing in mind the current status quo!

What status quo is that?

Cos it's all going swimmingly right now, eh?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Red lines! on 13:58 - Mar 24 with 5602 viewsSeablu

Another one who can't manage English spelling or grammar.
There are 5 year old refugees with a better command of our language.
Red lines! on 14:15 - Mar 24 with 5571 viewsLeaky

Red lines! on 13:58 - Mar 24 by Seablu

Another one who can't manage English spelling or grammar.
There are 5 year old refugees with a better command of our language.

Sorry teacher, I will put my dunces hat on, and sit in the naughty chair.
Problem when your posting on a smart phone while putting a garden shed up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024