Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... 08:56 - Mar 18 with 50317 viewsKieran_Knows

... conspiracy theory kind of thread, has anybody watched the Madeline McCann documentary on Netflix yet? Other than the game on Saturday, had nothing to do all weekend so got round to watching them all.

I must say, the level of incompetency from the Portuguese Police in those first few hours/days seems unreal to me.

It also amazes me, that someone, somewhere knows what went on that night and 12 years on, it doesn't seem any closer to a conclusion (whether she may be dead, or indeed alive somewhere).
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 8:56]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:00 - Mar 18 with 10620 viewsuefacup81

You know who knows precisely what went on that night? The parents.

They got off far too lightly, and seem far too quick to get litigious whenever anyone dares to question their story or actions.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:05 - Mar 18 with 10564 viewschicoazul

I find all this stuff deeply distasteful on a number of levels.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:07 - Mar 18 with 10554 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:00 - Mar 18 by uefacup81

You know who knows precisely what went on that night? The parents.

They got off far too lightly, and seem far too quick to get litigious whenever anyone dares to question their story or actions.

Got off lightly? They've lost their daughter and have to live with that every single day.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:08 - Mar 18 with 10555 viewsBasuco

This is a good listen if you have a couple of hours spare.

Make of it as you wish.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:15 - Mar 18 with 10531 viewsSwansea_Blue

There does seem to be a bit of a 'the parents were involved in her disappearance' movement going on. Call it a conspiracy theory if you like.

What I don't understand about that theory is if that was the case, why have they spent the last x years continually keeping this in the spotlight and actively encouraging more investigation? That seems inconsistent with that particular line of argument.

Occam's razor for me on this one, it's most likely to be as it seems and is reported. Although we'll probably never know.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 10:03]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:23 - Mar 18 with 10499 viewsuefacup81

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:07 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

Got off lightly? They've lost their daughter and have to live with that every single day.

I also reckon, had they not been white middle-class doctors, a lot more uncomfortable questions would have been asked as to why their children were left in an unlocked hotel room whilst they went out on the pi55.

So yes, they got off bloody lightly when you consider darker-skinned/poorer parents would have had a very uncomfortable grilling from the good folks at Social Services.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:39 - Mar 18 with 10447 viewsSwansea_Blue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:23 - Mar 18 by uefacup81

I also reckon, had they not been white middle-class doctors, a lot more uncomfortable questions would have been asked as to why their children were left in an unlocked hotel room whilst they went out on the pi55.

So yes, they got off bloody lightly when you consider darker-skinned/poorer parents would have had a very uncomfortable grilling from the good folks at Social Services.

I'd take a grilling over losing one of my kids any day. Although know what you mean.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:41 - Mar 18 with 10441 viewsSuperblue95

What they did was really really stupid. But as Herbivore states they have to wake up every morning knowing that their little girl is never coming home because of their stupidity.

I think that’s more than enough punishment personally

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

on 09:50 - Mar 18 with 10419 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:53 - Mar 18 with 10397 viewsBlue_Order

The only conspiracy theory is that Kate and Gerry weren’t involved.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:56 - Mar 18 with 10391 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I wouldn’t disagree with that - but as others have stated no amount of grilling/criticism would come anywhere near to the grief they must have at losing their child

Also ‘should have been criticised more by the press/social services’ is a long way from ‘they know what happened’!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:57 - Mar 18 with 10384 viewsBlue_Order

on 09:50 - Mar 18 by _

The documentary is powder puff. The inconsistencies/changes of story by the McCanns/Tapas 9 are just glossed over. The fund is also only mentioned in the last episode.
on 10:02 - Mar 18 with 10341 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:57 - Mar 18 by Blue_Order

The documentary is powder puff. The inconsistencies/changes of story by the McCanns/Tapas 9 are just glossed over. The fund is also only mentioned in the last episode.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:12 - Mar 18 with 10279 viewstextbackup

if shes alive I hope shes being treated well.
if she passed away I hope she didn't suffer.
horrible situation all round, cant imagine what that must be like to be part of, if parents are innocent etc.
really hope that one day she turns up and they all have answers

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:20 - Mar 18 with 10228 viewsZedRodgers

I also watched it all at the weekend. At the point of the dog barking in the apartment I was convinced the parents had something to do with it.

Later on I changed my mind completely and think the poor girl probably was abducted. I'm not convinced by the story of the regular checks being made on the children but I can appreciate in these circumstances people would want to make it seem like they weren't being neglectful. If the people at the meal cared enough to go and check on the kids so frequently then I don't understand why on the occasion that somebody heard a noise and saw light coming from the room they would just shut the door.

References to global trafficking and online networks always makes me feel physically sick. That man who was operating a fake intelligence firm was a disgrace. The bit at the end that mentioned the couple running across the road with a baby was a red herring for me. If it was an abduction for the reason of people wanting to steal a child for their own then it seems to me they would have taken one of the two younger babies.

I came to the conclusion that for it to have been an abduction, there's something significant missing from the story of what happened that evening. An abductor wouldn't have chanced it without knowing who was and who wasn't inside the apartment at the time. For that reason I do think the police failed them.

I spent the rest of the weekend doing my own private investigation into Ian Huntley before beating Mrs Zed at Monopoly. She put all her eggs into Park Lane and Mayfair. I didn't land on either of them for the entire game and cleaned up with my own hotels elsewhere. It really is a rookie error to disregard the rest of the board in pursuit of the Park Lane and Mayfair.

No, not at the moment

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:20 - Mar 18 with 10235 viewsitfcjoe

I've watched the first 3 episode, so far personally don't feel like I know much more than i did beforehand.

It's well made, and interesting and it still to me always feels like a dereliction of duty by the parents but they have been massively punished for their mistakes.

When people pick holes in the stories, I always think what would happen if someone scrutinised every decision you have made, some will be wrong/inconsistent.

Police have failed with how slowly they were to act on things, but as a parent of 2 toddlers I just cannot fathom leaving the kids in the room that far away. When I satyed in a cottage in Yorkshire, our eldest was only a few months old but we had him in our room rather than the spare because the spare was right next to the front door with an external door into it and it just didn't seem right.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:26 - Mar 18 with 10205 viewstextbackup

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:20 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

I've watched the first 3 episode, so far personally don't feel like I know much more than i did beforehand.

It's well made, and interesting and it still to me always feels like a dereliction of duty by the parents but they have been massively punished for their mistakes.

When people pick holes in the stories, I always think what would happen if someone scrutinised every decision you have made, some will be wrong/inconsistent.

Police have failed with how slowly they were to act on things, but as a parent of 2 toddlers I just cannot fathom leaving the kids in the room that far away. When I satyed in a cottage in Yorkshire, our eldest was only a few months old but we had him in our room rather than the spare because the spare was right next to the front door with an external door into it and it just didn't seem right.

as I say to my missus, better that we be on edge and over the top protective forever than have a moments lapse and we pay for it the rest of our lives.

family holiday, to me and many others on here im sure, means being up and active next to kids 24/7, not letting them out of your view. I don't care what anyone thinks of me when I do it, but even when they go in the kids clubs on holiday I sit outside the room/play area (with a drink and paper) just so I am there if needed.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:27 - Mar 18 with 10205 viewsBasuco

The Madeline fund was used to hire some very expensive PR guru's, a woman was paid £51K for 89 days work and another was paid £500K. They hired Margaret Thatchers ex PR team and Tony Blairs ex PR team as well as others, all high profile and very expensive, I presume that the Netflix documentary is the work of a PR team as well. It appears that they appointed a PR team within a few days of Madeline's disappearance. Why would they spend so much money on a very expensive PR team from public donations to help find Maddie.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:27 - Mar 18 with 10201 viewsitfcjoe

I read things about the fund like they used it to pay their mortgage of, and don't see why anyone is surprised and worried by that? By having this paid off it allows them to work towards finding Maddie rather than having to go back to their normal jobs to earn a wage.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:33 - Mar 18 with 10164 viewsKieran_Knows

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:20 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

It rang alarm bells to me that the kids bedroom wasn't cordoned off as soon as the Portuguese Police arrived and was left for people to wander in and out of still.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:35 - Mar 18 with 10150 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:27 - Mar 18 by Basuco

The Madeline fund was used to hire some very expensive PR guru's, a woman was paid £51K for 89 days work and another was paid £500K. They hired Margaret Thatchers ex PR team and Tony Blairs ex PR team as well as others, all high profile and very expensive, I presume that the Netflix documentary is the work of a PR team as well. It appears that they appointed a PR team within a few days of Madeline's disappearance. Why would they spend so much money on a very expensive PR team from public donations to help find Maddie.

To raise more money and awareness to try and find her, clearly

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:36 - Mar 18 with 10145 viewsitfcjoe

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:26 - Mar 18 by textbackup

as I say to my missus, better that we be on edge and over the top protective forever than have a moments lapse and we pay for it the rest of our lives.

family holiday, to me and many others on here im sure, means being up and active next to kids 24/7, not letting them out of your view. I don't care what anyone thinks of me when I do it, but even when they go in the kids clubs on holiday I sit outside the room/play area (with a drink and paper) just so I am there if needed.

I'm similar but I don't feel that is being over the top protective, mine are a fair bit younger though so not like they are going off yet.

For me a family holiday is a family holiday, we deliberately pick places where the room has somewhere we can entertain ourselves after their bed time - a separate lounge and a balcony where we can sit and have a couple of beers and play card games and other stuff boring old couples do on holiday!.

The parents obviously weren't checking on the kids enough, and they make out that it is no different to sitting in your garden and eating dinner whilst they are in the house......and then you look at the site and that myth is so easily debunked, it's f'cking miles away in real terms.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:38 - Mar 18 with 10131 viewsBlueBadger

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:26 - Mar 18 by textbackup

And it's like the Portuguese are unwelcoming to children, anywhere. Just let them kip in a pushchair if you want to go out for a few.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:38 - Mar 18 with 10130 viewsKieran_Knows

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:36 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

I'm similar but I don't feel that is being over the top protective, mine are a fair bit younger though so not like they are going off yet.

For me a family holiday is a family holiday, we deliberately pick places where the room has somewhere we can entertain ourselves after their bed time - a separate lounge and a balcony where we can sit and have a couple of beers and play card games and other stuff boring old couples do on holiday!.

The parents obviously weren't checking on the kids enough, and they make out that it is no different to sitting in your garden and eating dinner whilst they are in the house......and then you look at the site and that myth is so easily debunked, it's f'cking miles away in real terms.

... and you had to go out of the hotel, to get in to their apartment from the side gate on the street (which was what they were doing).

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:39 - Mar 18 with 10129 viewsitfcjoe

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:20 - Mar 18 by ZedRodgers

I also watched it all at the weekend. At the point of the dog barking in the apartment I was convinced the parents had something to do with it.

Later on I changed my mind completely and think the poor girl probably was abducted. I'm not convinced by the story of the regular checks being made on the children but I can appreciate in these circumstances people would want to make it seem like they weren't being neglectful. If the people at the meal cared enough to go and check on the kids so frequently then I don't understand why on the occasion that somebody heard a noise and saw light coming from the room they would just shut the door.

References to global trafficking and online networks always makes me feel physically sick. That man who was operating a fake intelligence firm was a disgrace. The bit at the end that mentioned the couple running across the road with a baby was a red herring for me. If it was an abduction for the reason of people wanting to steal a child for their own then it seems to me they would have taken one of the two younger babies.

I came to the conclusion that for it to have been an abduction, there's something significant missing from the story of what happened that evening. An abductor wouldn't have chanced it without knowing who was and who wasn't inside the apartment at the time. For that reason I do think the police failed them.

I spent the rest of the weekend doing my own private investigation into Ian Huntley before beating Mrs Zed at Monopoly. She put all her eggs into Park Lane and Mayfair. I didn't land on either of them for the entire game and cleaned up with my own hotels elsewhere. It really is a rookie error to disregard the rest of the board in pursuit of the Park Lane and Mayfair.

I've just finished episode where dog has barked and that really does make you think what on earth has gone on.

I totally agree re the regular checks, none of the stories matched on that initially and that is clearly them trying to make themselves look less neglectful, but they were clearly way too lax and checking far too irregularly, if at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024