Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What lies in wait in L1 22:30 - Mar 13 with 1709 viewsWickwar_Blue

Having watched the game last night and read comments on here there’s a sense of optimism about how we might go in L1. The idea that with some key additions our crop of kids can lead the recovery.

Due to living in Gloucestershire I go and see Forest Green a lot. A few weeks ago I watched them play Lincoln who are currently top of L2. Forest Green are an incredibly young side who played some nice stuff. They got beaten up by Lincoln. Matt Rhead and John Akinde beat the crap out of them. The Cowleys (who were advocated on here by some as a MM replacements) favour tactics reminiscent of John Beck’s Cambridge in the early 90s.

I’m not saying we should be fearful but some physicality may be needed to tackle what lies in wait next season.
What lies in wait in L1 on 23:29 - Mar 13 with 1581 viewsbournemouthblue

As with any team, you need balance

Lambert has actually added some size to the squad whilst here

He has brought in Quaner, Keane & Collins among others

Last night he brought Nsiala and Emmanuel back. He maybe trying to play more football but he isn't doing it with just technical players.

Brizzle are one of the more physical sides in this league and we dealt with them fairly well, better in fact how we did earlier in the season for example where we crumbled after they went more direct
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 23:31]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What lies in wait in L1 on 06:41 - Mar 14 with 1309 viewsSaxonblue74

Said it months ago, the further you drop the more physical it gets. Wolves and Newcastle ripped it up to win the championship in their promotion seasons with squads of giants! Remember seeing them at PR at looked like men v boys. Not hugely entertaining agreed, but sometimes if you can't spend tens of millions then bullies are next best thing to climb the table!

Poll: Would you take MM and TC back tomorrow?

What lies in wait in L1 on 07:02 - Mar 14 with 1267 viewsMoisha

A lot of our players have already spent time on loan in the lower leagues so I don’t think the physicality will be a surprise to them.

Also I’d like to think our youngsters will be technically better than Forest Green’s.

Not saying we’re going to win League 1 easily, but we shouldn’t fear it.
What lies in wait in L1 on 08:39 - Mar 14 with 1045 viewsBlueBadger

I fear that a lot of our posters here are missing this. We have quite a lightweight team at present. We'll need a bit of Streetwise if we're to do anything next season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What lies in wait in L1 on 08:45 - Mar 14 with 1020 viewsSteve_M

Ha, remember when the Cowleys were really popular round here.

For all that we were incredibly crap at Lincoln, they left a foot in every single time. Nasty side.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024