Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty 22:05 - Mar 9 with 1984 viewsthorpedo

of playing well today when he came on.
Yeah, I know - I'm Bad.

Thorpedo

Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty on 22:08 - Mar 9 with 1959 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

As I said in the week.

I think he'll be a surprise package next season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty on 02:16 - Mar 10 with 1789 viewsBlueBadger

Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty on 22:08 - Mar 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

As I said in the week.

I think he'll be a surprise package next season.

I think we were all surprised this season by how much we paid for him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty on 03:12 - Mar 10 with 1771 viewsSuperblue95

Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty on 02:16 - Mar 10 by BlueBadger

Surely it would only be surprising if incompetence was uncommon at this club?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty on 07:52 - Mar 10 with 1703 viewsJohnny_Boy

Having slept on it, he really should have won us the game yesterday. Had 3 very good opportunities to make it 2-1 & I highly doubt WBA would have found an equaliser.

Might be sounding a little harsh here, but had those chances fallen to somebody else, Collin perhaps, he'd have scored on at least one occasion.

Ifs, buts, maybes. I hate to criticise Jackson, but whilst a draw was a fantastic result, we really needed the 3pts.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 7:54]
Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty on 08:13 - Mar 10 with 1641 viewsBluebell

Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty on 07:52 - Mar 10 by Johnny_Boy

Having slept on it, he really should have won us the game yesterday. Had 3 very good opportunities to make it 2-1 & I highly doubt WBA would have found an equaliser.

Might be sounding a little harsh here, but had those chances fallen to somebody else, Collin perhaps, he'd have scored on at least one occasion.

Ifs, buts, maybes. I hate to criticise Jackson, but whilst a draw was a fantastic result, we really needed the 3pts.

I disagree. Jackson is definitely the better player of the two.

Quaner, even though he is very tall, struggles to control balls and get past defenders. Jackson on the other hand changed the game when he came on after half time. We needed Jackson's speed and that is what he gave us. He was gutted he didn't score.

WBA were good at defending, but crap at scoring. A lot of their shots went wide. Any that were on target were saved by Bart who was magnificent. Just a shame about their goal which was no way Bart's fault.

Jackson needs to start on Tuesday.
Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty on 08:18 - Mar 10 with 1621 viewsJohnny_Boy

Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty on 08:13 - Mar 10 by Bluebell

I disagree. Jackson is definitely the better player of the two.

Quaner, even though he is very tall, struggles to control balls and get past defenders. Jackson on the other hand changed the game when he came on after half time. We needed Jackson's speed and that is what he gave us. He was gutted he didn't score.

WBA were good at defending, but crap at scoring. A lot of their shots went wide. Any that were on target were saved by Bart who was magnificent. Just a shame about their goal which was no way Bart's fault.

Jackson needs to start on Tuesday.

I'm actually saying that.

Jackson to start - with Quaner coming on at the end.
Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty on 08:32 - Mar 10 with 1593 viewsRadlett_blue

Jackson does have goals in him, largely because of his pace. Not sure he has a great football brain or sense of awareness of other players & also have doubts as to whether he can hold up the ball as a lone striker in a typically congested first half of a game. He has always looked better when the game has become stretched & he has more space. However, he could improve with decent coaching & more game time & as he's our player & will be at PR next season I would rather see him in the team than Quaner.
PS - not getting Jackson on the pitch at some stage at home to Reading was dumb.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty on 09:05 - Mar 10 with 1530 viewsJohnny_Boy

Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty on 08:32 - Mar 10 by Radlett_blue

Jackson does have goals in him, largely because of his pace. Not sure he has a great football brain or sense of awareness of other players & also have doubts as to whether he can hold up the ball as a lone striker in a typically congested first half of a game. He has always looked better when the game has become stretched & he has more space. However, he could improve with decent coaching & more game time & as he's our player & will be at PR next season I would rather see him in the team than Quaner.
PS - not getting Jackson on the pitch at some stage at home to Reading was dumb.

His pace is frightening - but as you say, his finishing needs improving.
Mathamatically we aren't relegated. So it's important to have a clinical finisher on the pitch for the end of matches when the game gets more open & chances arise more frequently.
Login to get fewer ads

Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty on 09:58 - Mar 10 with 1439 viewshampstead_blue

Both he and Sears are in need of a greater number of chances before they convert.
That's their level.
Granted, confidence and a run of games helps.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty on 10:02 - Mar 10 with 1428 viewsgtsb

Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty on 02:16 - Mar 10 by BlueBadger

Just out of curiosity is there anything about Ipswich Town you do like? You seem very anti lately.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 10:05]
Jackson - Guilty or Not Guilty on 10:12 - Mar 10 with 1390 viewsTrequartista

Agree he should be scoring one of those opportunities, but at least he got into scoring positions, which is more than you can say for the hopeless lump he replaced.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024