Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Report from game 18:38 - Mar 9 with 3749 viewsjasondozzell

Excellent performance.

We must get behind Lambert. He's got a team that was short of confidence playing really positive football.

Conceding early was disappointing but heads never dropped. We just keep trying to play
Nolan outstanding, Bishop back to his best, Jackson v dangerous and with more composure could have had two goals. We should have won game.

Entertaining to watch. Whole team playing quick and attacking football. Very encouraging as Lambert looks ahead to next year.
Report from game on 19:22 - Mar 9 with 3549 viewschristiand

This is the thing with PL and why I believe that actually going down will help us be stronger as a club in the long term. He's got a system and style of play he believes in, he can get the players he wants for pre-season and work with them along with the array of youngsters we have coming through and actually build a side. PL wants the same ethos of play for all the sides within the club which makes absolute sense going forwards. The last few years it has been about painting over the cracks and treading water, but I just feel his approach is exactly what's needed at Ipswich - rip it up and start again. The results just haven't come, but there is undoubted signs of encouragement which gives me hope for next season. He's still the right man to take us forward, let him get through this season and give him that time to get on with his job, he'll get us back 'bigger and better' mark my words!!
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 19:23]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Report from game on 19:23 - Mar 9 with 3521 viewsjasondozzell

Report from game on 19:22 - Mar 9 by christiand

This is the thing with PL and why I believe that actually going down will help us be stronger as a club in the long term. He's got a system and style of play he believes in, he can get the players he wants for pre-season and work with them along with the array of youngsters we have coming through and actually build a side. PL wants the same ethos of play for all the sides within the club which makes absolute sense going forwards. The last few years it has been about painting over the cracks and treading water, but I just feel his approach is exactly what's needed at Ipswich - rip it up and start again. The results just haven't come, but there is undoubted signs of encouragement which gives me hope for next season. He's still the right man to take us forward, let him get through this season and give him that time to get on with his job, he'll get us back 'bigger and better' mark my words!!
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 19:23]

Well put! Agree with all you say. Lambert is giving us an identity back.
Report from game on 19:25 - Mar 9 with 3514 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Part of me says yes to all this. Part of me says, the team no longer believe we can get to safety which means the pressure is off and it is easier to play with the pressure off. We still are not actually winning either.

We did sound like we created more chances which is a real bonus but we need players that will take them too. Next season will be far from easy but I do hope Lambert can build something around the best of what we have, adding a few key players and bringing through the best of our younger ones.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Report from game on 19:28 - Mar 9 with 3494 viewschristiand

Report from game on 19:25 - Mar 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Part of me says yes to all this. Part of me says, the team no longer believe we can get to safety which means the pressure is off and it is easier to play with the pressure off. We still are not actually winning either.

We did sound like we created more chances which is a real bonus but we need players that will take them too. Next season will be far from easy but I do hope Lambert can build something around the best of what we have, adding a few key players and bringing through the best of our younger ones.

A couple of 'shrewd' signings might be all we need Nthsuffolkblue. Would love for PL to go out and get a proven League One striker, that could make all the difference.

Report from game on 20:14 - Mar 9 with 3331 viewsdavblue

Report from game on 19:25 - Mar 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

What is it 1 defeat in 5 now?

Albeit no wins in that.

I said after the Wigan game it feels like something is starting to happen. It’s slowly coming together but confidence is obviously so low.
Report from game on 20:17 - Mar 9 with 3298 viewsTrequartista

It was the best performance i've seen this season although that is rather a low bar.

It's quite ironic that after years of having a half-decent lacking in attacking midfielders, we had three of them firing on all cylinders today.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Report from game on 20:20 - Mar 9 with 3279 viewsCoco

Report from game on 20:14 - Mar 9 by davblue

What is it 1 defeat in 5 now?

Albeit no wins in that.

I said after the Wigan game it feels like something is starting to happen. It’s slowly coming together but confidence is obviously so low.

As I’ve said before, the huge container vessel is turning.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Report from game on 21:23 - Mar 9 with 3064 viewsMoisha

Report from game on 19:28 - Mar 9 by christiand

A couple of 'shrewd' signings might be all we need Nthsuffolkblue. Would love for PL to go out and get a proven League One striker, that could make all the difference.

I believe Harrison and Jackson could rip up league 1, throw in a fit Freddie and the youngsters as well, hopefully sign Keane and Judge.
Login to get fewer ads

Report from game on 21:25 - Mar 9 with 3057 viewsMrTown

V accurate assessment.

Nolan was superb, must whisper "Bishop back to his best" very very quietly. Have been stressing all day that Jackson has the capabilities to be a real threat for defenders, he needs some 1v1 coaching on his finishing.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Report from game on 21:39 - Mar 9 with 2993 viewsSwansea_Blue

Agreed. If we could regularly play like that 2nd half (and in fairness we often have turned in good halves), with a Waghorn or Murphy type up top, we wouldn’t be anywhere near the bottom.

Good point in response to the OP too.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 22:01]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Report from game on 22:54 - Mar 9 with 2775 viewsnshearman1

Report from game on 19:23 - Mar 9 by jasondozzell

Well put! Agree with all you say. Lambert is giving us an identity back.

BTW jasondozzell - did you see Jason was with us, standing just a few spaces away from me?!
Report from game on 06:58 - Mar 10 with 2566 viewsjasondozzell

Report from game on 22:54 - Mar 9 by nshearman1

BTW jasondozzell - did you see Jason was with us, standing just a few spaces away from me?!

I didn't! That's great! Last time I saw him was at Millwall away. Much better yesterday!
Report from game on 09:16 - Mar 10 with 2280 viewsChocorange

Best I have seen us play for a long time. Good attacking play.

Really enjoyed the whole day, the way we played, the atmos from the away fans was fab again, the defence doing their job and keeping closing down all game, and forcing a lot of shots to be taken from outside the box.

The Vine was a cracking pub , brilliant curry and food, friendly home fans.

9 of our players start the game just 2 loanees and 1 of those off at half time. Another good perf from Bart.

Last 2 away games, the players have put in a lot of effort and looked the better team.

Lots of positives , play like that very week and we will be fine.
Report from game on 10:31 - Mar 10 with 2148 viewsjasondozzell

Report from game on 09:16 - Mar 10 by Chocorange

Best I have seen us play for a long time. Good attacking play.

Really enjoyed the whole day, the way we played, the atmos from the away fans was fab again, the defence doing their job and keeping closing down all game, and forcing a lot of shots to be taken from outside the box.

The Vine was a cracking pub , brilliant curry and food, friendly home fans.

9 of our players start the game just 2 loanees and 1 of those off at half time. Another good perf from Bart.

Last 2 away games, the players have put in a lot of effort and looked the better team.

Lots of positives , play like that very week and we will be fine.

Spot on. Agree about the closing down. We looked determined to win ball and didn't give them a moment to rest.
Report from game on 10:37 - Mar 10 with 2134 viewsHerbivore

Like Ellis Harrison maybe?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Report from game on 10:40 - Mar 10 with 2126 viewsHerbivore

Report from game on 20:20 - Mar 9 by Coco

As I’ve said before, the huge container vessel is turning.

I hope you're right. However I also look at 9 games without a win and each good performance being followed by a disappointing one and I wonder if it's turning or just listing to the side a bit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Report from game on 11:51 - Mar 10 with 2038 viewsHorsham

Report from game on 10:40 - Mar 10 by Herbivore

I hope you're right. However I also look at 9 games without a win and each good performance being followed by a disappointing one and I wonder if it's turning or just listing to the side a bit.

If it turns too fast it will list to the side.
Report from game on 11:53 - Mar 10 with 2037 viewschristiand

Report from game on 10:37 - Mar 10 by Herbivore

Like Ellis Harrison maybe?

He's not really proven in my eyes. I'm thinking of a striker that has scored consistently Herbs. I appreciate Harrison scored 14 goals for Bristol Rovers last season. I know we won't get these players but someone like that lad Jones from Luton Town or Andy Cook from Walsall was my line of thinking. Players that know where the back of the net is and do it consistently at that level.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 12:17]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024