Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? 16:59 - Mar 7 with 5644 viewsmarcus1642

Sounds a bit odd I know, but just think about it for a moment. Evans first and foremost is a money man, and thinks he can run the club like a regular business and not like 21st century professional football club, the two are not compatible.

Although there will be a massive drop in tv income, there will also be a drop in players wages due to relegation clauses. He will be quite quick to point out the more stringent FFP rules in the lower leagues, so I expect there will be also a large cut on transfer fees paid out, and the inevitable player sales (Dozzell?), and the release of so called dead wood players, saving more cash.

I also think the club will be managing the fans expectations also. In the end we could end up like Colchester or Peterborough. A twee community football club, stuck in the lower leagues, with little purpose other than to make the numbers up.

Let's hope not.
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 07:31 - Mar 11 with 1146 viewsmarcus1642

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 22:49 - Mar 10 by footers

Perhaps offer your services as a financial wizz? You seem to know an awful lot. Aside from how to use apostrophes or logic, that is.

Write to ME explaining how we're more saleable as a L1 club, sure he's all ears, you bootiful geniarse.

Thanks for your considered input.
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 08:00 - Mar 11 with 1132 viewsmarcus1642

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 23:18 - Mar 10 by No9

Mr Evans football business is presently worth very little
He has a choice- try to built it up to a point where it pays for itself or is a saleable asset
OR, just let it go
We know what we want, does he?

We know he is not willing to spend massive amounts of cash on transfer fees.

I think Evan's position will become much clearer at the end of next season. IF we are promoted out of league 1 at the first attempt, then he has a more saleable asset and hopefully will build the club accordingly.

However an extended stay in league 1, or heaven forbid further relegation, surely Evan's will cut his losses and run?
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 08:33 - Mar 11 with 1109 viewsLeaky

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 22:33 - Mar 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

This is akin to the idea that the more money he loses in paying the club's running costs the more tax he can offset and then bizarrely somehow the more money he is actually making (which of course would actually mean he would want to plough millions more into the club simply to make even bigger losses rather like Derby County).

As a fan, Evans would rather the club succeeded.

As a businessman, Evans would rather sell the club when it is succeeding than be forced to sell when it is not.

Whatever way you look at it the idea he wants us to fail is ridiculous. It is true he has not got the recipe for success right, but that is not for the want of trying.

I see you mentioned Derby. Would interesting to know how many year's there owner can sustain the level of investment he puts in. Read somewhere its averaging £25m a year.
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 08:33 - Mar 11 with 1109 viewsblueconscience

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:30 - Mar 7 by marcus1642

Exactly. Evans wants to sell the club, just waiting for the right buyer.

Wasn’t Sheepshanks also looking for the “right buyer”?

Look how wrong he has turned out to be!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 09:18 - Mar 11 with 1088 viewsMullysplace1

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 08:33 - Mar 11 by blueconscience

Wasn’t Sheepshanks also looking for the “right buyer”?

Look how wrong he has turned out to be!

It was the right one for Sheepshanks, just the wrong one for the club.
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 09:24 - Mar 11 with 1082 viewsRadlett_blue

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 09:18 - Mar 11 by Mullysplace1

It was the right one for Sheepshanks, just the wrong one for the club.

Very harsh. I don't think Sheepy benefited at all from the sale of Town as the value of the equity was close to zero. And in terms of Evans being the "wrong" buyer, at least he was English & didn't have a history of dodgy ownership of other clubs. Evans initially invested quite heavily in Town, backing his managers & allowed them to get on with the job.
He was just unwise or unfortunate in his early choices of managers which, coupled with a lack of an overall "footballing strategy", hasn't worked, especially as Championship roulette is now too rich a game for his pocket.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 09:28 - Mar 11 with 1080 viewsMullysplace1

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 09:24 - Mar 11 by Radlett_blue

Very harsh. I don't think Sheepy benefited at all from the sale of Town as the value of the equity was close to zero. And in terms of Evans being the "wrong" buyer, at least he was English & didn't have a history of dodgy ownership of other clubs. Evans initially invested quite heavily in Town, backing his managers & allowed them to get on with the job.
He was just unwise or unfortunate in his early choices of managers which, coupled with a lack of an overall "footballing strategy", hasn't worked, especially as Championship roulette is now too rich a game for his pocket.

If Sheepshanks was that concerned he would have worked out Evans knew bugg@r all about football.
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 11:08 - Mar 11 with 1049 viewsNo9

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 09:24 - Mar 11 by Radlett_blue

How much did Sheepshanks pocket from the demise of ITFC?
Login to get fewer ads

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 11:28 - Mar 11 with 1044 viewsRadlett_blue

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 11:08 - Mar 11 by No9

How much did Sheepshanks pocket from the demise of ITFC?

Next to nothing as the equity in Town - which still exists & I'm a shareholder - was near worthless. Sheepy remained as Chairman for about 18 months, for which he would have been paid & then took an unpaid, non-executive role.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 11:47 - Mar 11 with 1039 viewsbritbiker

The only way this can turn out well is if we are near the top two playing attractive football and thousands more fans turn up.

More than one year in div 1 woukd be disastrous.

On a different note. At least Marcus had the sense to have relegation clauses in most players contracts. Could you imagine having to pay full championship wages to some of the deadwood and then having them drawing a the salary whilst running down the contract.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024