Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. 16:20 - Mar 3 with 7574 viewsPendejo

What price do season tickets have to be for those who did not have one last season to buy one for next season?

SBR / SAR Lower / Upper

Cobbold / Coop

What price were they this season?

What if they came up with some scheme where the price came down [or there were rebates] the more people bought tickets?

I really think the next season it is up to us, the supporters, collectively to back our club in the best way possible by buying season tickets. PL has said the place is better when full and noisy, let's face it 23,000 with some noise far better than funereal 8,000.

Although I currently average 1 game a month, mainly away days I am considering putting my money where my mouth is by buying a ST [especially as I believe it can be done by monthly DD].

As we can't afford to buy the club and there is no billionaire with over flowing pockets of cash waiting to wave his magic credit card the way I see it the only thing we can do is support the club better than it's ever been supported, need an average of @ 27,000 for this I believe.

What price [per match] do YOU need to do this?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:32 - Mar 3 with 3633 viewsBobbychase

Club has to balance having enough revenue to make decent signings (ie: Judge) with having enough fans in the stadium to make it an intimidating place for away sides (home form has been not been good enough for a couple of seasons now).

I'd say make STs in ALL areas of SBR and SAR stands £250 if bought as early birds.

27,000 average? I'm game if you are but we haven't had a crowd that big all season, including v the scum

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:37 - Mar 3 with 3618 viewswkj

I can't see it being down to anything more than results. The few times the club has come calling for fans this season, not enough was shown in return.

A significant portion of our fan base travel from outside of Ipswich, and it is incredibly difficult for people to want to make that all day commitment when the odds are very high that they wont enjoy themselves - though the odd game at a cut price is always appealing.

You are then looking at 2 scenarios to bring the most fans in next season, the first is prices being at a point so low that people think it exceeds what the cut should be for relegation (I predict many probably over estimate what the cut will/should be)

Or more reliably, we need belief in the ability of the team, and the people that pull the strings. Right now it is hard to really believe in many people at ITFC except for Lambert's off-the-pitch performance.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:40 - Mar 3 with 3602 viewsChampionship

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:32 - Mar 3 by Bobbychase

Club has to balance having enough revenue to make decent signings (ie: Judge) with having enough fans in the stadium to make it an intimidating place for away sides (home form has been not been good enough for a couple of seasons now).

I'd say make STs in ALL areas of SBR and SAR stands £250 if bought as early birds.

27,000 average? I'm game if you are but we haven't had a crowd that big all season, including v the scum

Trouble with £250 tickets is once you factor in students, seniors and kids the average ST would probably be below £200. Under a tenner a game. I don't think the club can do that. 27,000 is fantasy land as well.

£300 is a nice round figure if the club wanted to make a real statement. Even that would be low though. I would like to see some creative options. Saturdays only season tickets for example for people who can't make midweek games.
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:41 - Mar 3 with 3596 viewsMoisha

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:32 - Mar 3 by Bobbychase

If it’s priced right there is no reason why we can’t get 12-15k season ticket holders in.
If the locals want to embrace League 1 then 18k, but that is being really adventurous.

Give a load away to local schools and clubs, then with the pay on the gate people 20k+ home gates.

Then if we’re challenging all season for the top 6, playing well, scoring goals.... 25k!!

COYBSSSSSSSSSSS
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:43 - Mar 3 with 3593 viewsfactual_blue

I am waiting for Marcus Evans' personal, handwritten apology and a free season ticket for the next three years by way of apology for his ageist ST pricing policy.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:51 - Mar 3 with 3562 viewsBobbychase

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:41 - Mar 3 by Moisha

If it’s priced right there is no reason why we can’t get 12-15k season ticket holders in.
If the locals want to embrace League 1 then 18k, but that is being really adventurous.

Give a load away to local schools and clubs, then with the pay on the gate people 20k+ home gates.

Then if we’re challenging all season for the top 6, playing well, scoring goals.... 25k!!

COYBSSSSSSSSSSS

Getting local kids in is key. My first game was a 1-0 home defeat in what is now the Championship but I was instantly hooked by the atmosphere etc. Doesn't have to be a sparkling performance to make kids want to come again. (It helps of course)

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:53 - Mar 3 with 3555 viewsBobbychase

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:40 - Mar 3 by Championship

Trouble with £250 tickets is once you factor in students, seniors and kids the average ST would probably be below £200. Under a tenner a game. I don't think the club can do that. 27,000 is fantasy land as well.

£300 is a nice round figure if the club wanted to make a real statement. Even that would be low though. I would like to see some creative options. Saturdays only season tickets for example for people who can't make midweek games.

I'd make it £250 for the stands behind the goals only

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:54 - Mar 3 with 3553 viewsgt81

I don't believe the club has EVER averaged 27,000 a season, and it isn't going to happen next season regardless of price.

We need an upwardly mobile team playing reasonably good football that isn't a flash in the pan, and has aspirations of making the Premier League sooner rather than later.
Login to get fewer ads

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:55 - Mar 3 with 3545 viewsBobbychase

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:54 - Mar 3 by gt81

I don't believe the club has EVER averaged 27,000 a season, and it isn't going to happen next season regardless of price.

We need an upwardly mobile team playing reasonably good football that isn't a flash in the pan, and has aspirations of making the Premier League sooner rather than later.

Averaged around 26,000 one of the Royle seasons. Never 27,000 as far as I can tell

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:57 - Mar 3 with 3549 viewsITFC_Forever

They’re going to be the same as this season.

We had a 10% decrease for this season.... we’re not going to get another one.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 16:57]

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:03 - Mar 3 with 3489 viewsgt81

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:55 - Mar 3 by Bobbychase

Averaged around 26,000 one of the Royle seasons. Never 27,000 as far as I can tell

We had one season at 25.5k when we finished 3rd, but it's been nowhere near the aspired to 27k of the OP

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-on-course-for-their-lowest-average-lea

I have been looking at a few figures from the Robson era when the stadium was terraced, and it still stands around 25k. 27k is pie in the sky stuff even at the best times in ITFC history, we won't be getting there next season even with cheap tickets.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 17:07]
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:17 - Mar 3 with 3421 viewsFtnfwest

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:43 - Mar 3 by factual_blue

I am waiting for Marcus Evans' personal, handwritten apology and a free season ticket for the next three years by way of apology for his ageist ST pricing policy.

He has a man for that. The hand written letters, not the ageist policy that is..
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:17 - Mar 3 with 3422 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It would be great to price at a level that encouraged around 20K per match.

I won't buy one because I cannot get to most matches.

Things that should be considered:
a Saturday only season ticket for those who only go to Saturday matches;
a non-Saturday season ticket for those who go to all the matches other than Saturdays.
These would require some direct debit flexibility as the number of matches depends on TV selection that happens as the season goes on. Maybe around £10 a ticket for those who commit to it would work. Obviously it would have to be above the average for a regular season ticket.

A commitment to some benefit for the following season for those that sign up for a season ticket for the coming one.

Also, getting a team playing attractive football and challenging near the top would bring a good number of fans in. The value of entertainment should never be forgotten.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Just an idea... on 17:19 - Mar 3 with 3421 viewsPendejo

I think some of you have misunderstood the intent of my post.

How much would they need to be for any non-season ticket holders to buy STs and back the blues next season?

For the record, as far as I can see, our highest average attendance 26,791 in 76/77 [my first season of attending matches!]
https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-premier-league-1976-1977/1/
Note: Naaridge were less than 23,000

However, at least 2 clubs have used innovative ticket schemes to ensure they have decent attendances [Bradford City and, er, "them"]

Say, 27,000 @ £350 gives the same turnstile revenue as 13,500 @ £750
[lazy example, not meant to infer anything factual!! Simply give a point]
It does, however, it brings in result in further revenue in terms of merchandising etc. and would make the place much more impressive.

It's time for innovation to take the club forward, and especially draw in a generation who can get football on demand 24/7... and will trawl the likes of youtube for Messi, Ronaldo [both] etc. They certainly won't be looking for Harbey's equalizer @ Northampton in the late 80s.

So, like Huddersfield Town, if they said is £700 if 11,500 sign up and will drop to £350 if 23,000 sign up... rebating the balance via merchandising, catering credits.

would you sign up?

uberima fides

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:20 - Mar 3 with 3408 viewsPendejo

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:57 - Mar 3 by ITFC_Forever

Forget facts "fink" fantasy fandom!

uberima fides

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:22 - Mar 3 with 3390 viewsPendejo

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:03 - Mar 3 by gt81

We had one season at 25.5k when we finished 3rd, but it's been nowhere near the aspired to 27k of the OP

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-on-course-for-their-lowest-average-lea

I have been looking at a few figures from the Robson era when the stadium was terraced, and it still stands around 25k. 27k is pie in the sky stuff even at the best times in ITFC history, we won't be getting there next season even with cheap tickets.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 17:07]

76/77 over 26,000

I do take the point though: 80/81 was only 24,624 - though there had been substantial changes to the ground by then and hooliganism was rife.

uberima fides

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:23 - Mar 3 with 3394 viewsBobbychase

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:17 - Mar 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

It would be great to price at a level that encouraged around 20K per match.

I won't buy one because I cannot get to most matches.

Things that should be considered:
a Saturday only season ticket for those who only go to Saturday matches;
a non-Saturday season ticket for those who go to all the matches other than Saturdays.
These would require some direct debit flexibility as the number of matches depends on TV selection that happens as the season goes on. Maybe around £10 a ticket for those who commit to it would work. Obviously it would have to be above the average for a regular season ticket.

A commitment to some benefit for the following season for those that sign up for a season ticket for the coming one.

Also, getting a team playing attractive football and challenging near the top would bring a good number of fans in. The value of entertainment should never be forgotten.

Exactly. Whatever marketing the club do, starting next season with three straight wins or something along those lines would immediately lift the gloom

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:24 - Mar 3 with 3387 viewsChampionship

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:57 - Mar 3 by ITFC_Forever

Clearly there will be another reduction. The survey they sent out asked if people want lower prices or a 'free gift'*. I would assume people overwhelmingly said lower prices. Repeating that there won't be a cut over and over doesn't make you right.

*How can it be a free gift if people are paying extra for it? It's more of a compulsory purchase offer.
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:24 - Mar 3 with 3372 viewsLeaky

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:40 - Mar 3 by Championship

Yes I think you've got it about right
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:25 - Mar 3 with 3372 viewsPecker

I am one of those who renew regardless. I would imagine it will be £350 ish. I would like it to be lower obviously, but Marcus likes to get his money in early. £300 early bird is probably the best we can hope for. As for the 27,000 attendance, you are having a laugh. We will be around the 20,000 mark if we are challenging for promotion.
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:31 - Mar 3 with 3340 viewsgt81

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:22 - Mar 3 by Pendejo

76/77 over 26,000

I do take the point though: 80/81 was only 24,624 - though there had been substantial changes to the ground by then and hooliganism was rife.

I honestly looked either side of that season on the same website!

But I still maintain you're comparing the greatest era of our club with one of our lowest ebbs, and that irrespective of price, we're not going to attract that kind of figure next season.

There is way too much uncertainty over who's even going to line up in a Town shirt, let alone a guarantee of seeing good, promotion winning football next season, for people to plonk down the cash. If we get 18k average period, I'd consider that a good showing.
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:31 - Mar 3 with 3338 viewsITFC_Forever

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:24 - Mar 3 by Championship

Clearly there will be another reduction. The survey they sent out asked if people want lower prices or a 'free gift'*. I would assume people overwhelmingly said lower prices. Repeating that there won't be a cut over and over doesn't make you right.

*How can it be a free gift if people are paying extra for it? It's more of a compulsory purchase offer.

Another poster to add to my 5p bet there won’t be then.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:31 - Mar 3 with 3340 viewsPendejo

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 16:37 - Mar 3 by wkj

I can't see it being down to anything more than results. The few times the club has come calling for fans this season, not enough was shown in return.

A significant portion of our fan base travel from outside of Ipswich, and it is incredibly difficult for people to want to make that all day commitment when the odds are very high that they wont enjoy themselves - though the odd game at a cut price is always appealing.

You are then looking at 2 scenarios to bring the most fans in next season, the first is prices being at a point so low that people think it exceeds what the cut should be for relegation (I predict many probably over estimate what the cut will/should be)

Or more reliably, we need belief in the ability of the team, and the people that pull the strings. Right now it is hard to really believe in many people at ITFC except for Lambert's off-the-pitch performance.

Point is taken

I'm a London based fan who works 4 days on 4 off, with the odd o/t shift thrown in for good measure, I most definitely can not make every game, however, with the correct deal I'd invest in a ST "to put my money where my mouth is" - I have a son who lives in Ipswich who could use it, not to mention other family and friends.

It's all very well saying "Ipswich 'til I die" but what does that mean? ITID as long as they're top half of Championship or Prem? Like a company's service is only tested when things go wrong, so does our support and willingness to help the club... I'm 50 and fat, long since given up the notion of scoring that winning goal at Old Trafford in front of the Stretford End, so all I can do is support them with passion and cash!

uberima fides

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:35 - Mar 3 with 3325 viewsChampionship

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:31 - Mar 3 by ITFC_Forever

Another poster to add to my 5p bet there won’t be then.

I am already on your list. You can make mine 10p if you like, I am that confident

I do not think we will get a huge reduction. A token gesture of 5% or so seems almost certain.
Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:35 - Mar 3 with 3325 viewsPendejo

Backing the Blues... aka putting your money where your mouth is. on 17:31 - Mar 3 by gt81

I honestly looked either side of that season on the same website!

But I still maintain you're comparing the greatest era of our club with one of our lowest ebbs, and that irrespective of price, we're not going to attract that kind of figure next season.

There is way too much uncertainty over who's even going to line up in a Town shirt, let alone a guarantee of seeing good, promotion winning football next season, for people to plonk down the cash. If we get 18k average period, I'd consider that a good showing.

Look at yesterday's attendance and compare it to 80/81 and see how many matches were lower than yesterday's attendance, and re-think yoru argument.

Repeat Fink fantasy fandom, forget facts.

uberima fides

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024