Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see that a competent police force can manage a derby 14:55 - Feb 22 with 1499 viewsTJS

with an evening kick-off (Forest v Derby).
I see that a competent police force can manage a derby on 15:21 - Feb 22 with 1461 viewsBasuco

I also wonder if Nottingham police would act if a flare were to be set off in the ground? Or be like Norfolk police who deem them safe and take no action in the home areas of carrot rud, I bet it would not have been the same if a flare had been set off in the Town section!
I see that a competent police force can manage a derby on 15:29 - Feb 22 with 1458 viewsLord_Lucan

I was in Leicester once peddling my wares and Forest were in town for a night game.

That was a rum'n!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I see that a competent police force can manage a derby on 15:35 - Feb 22 with 1421 viewsZedRodgers

Been given a spare ticket in the home end. Will report back

No, not at the moment

I see that a competent police force can manage a derby on 15:37 - Feb 22 with 1418 viewsIllinoisblue

I see that a competent police force can manage a derby on 15:29 - Feb 22 by Lord_Lucan

I was in Leicester once peddling my wares and Forest were in town for a night game.

That was a rum'n!

what sort of wares were you peddling? And more generally, what wares have you made the most dosh on in your working life?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I see that a competent police force can manage a derby on 16:02 - Feb 22 with 1377 viewsLord_Lucan

I see that a competent police force can manage a derby on 15:37 - Feb 22 by Illinoisblue

what sort of wares were you peddling? And more generally, what wares have you made the most dosh on in your working life?

Ahh, don't get me started as I am in danger of going off one one and reminiscing.

Best line - yo yo balloons. Bought them from the States, cost 6p, sold them for £1. You could do loads of tricks with them. There was only me and a couple of mates that could work them, we were the aces! Summer holidays in seaside towns I would do 500 units a day and watch tits all day at the same time, at night I'd do the Running Rat that my mate made in Thailand, they were a foam mouse / rat with a bit of string and a cotton reel underneath. They were a fantastic night line. One year in Bournemouth was when traditional yo'yo's made a massive comeback and I was taking serious corn on then with the light up ones at night, doing all the tricks.

When I first turned up in Bournemouth the police kicked me out saying that there was a bylaw banning pedlars. Most people accepted it but I challenged the council and threatened them with a test case. Three years later and Bournemouth was heaving in Manc and Scouse pedlars after I defied the council. My claim to fame is that they then spent millions of pounds implementing The Bournemouth Act, I was all over the news https://services.parliament.uk/Bills/2007-08/bournemouthboroughcouncilhl.html

Halcyon Days!
[Post edited 22 Feb 2019 16:05]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I see that a competent police force can manage a derby on 20:50 - Feb 22 with 1169 viewsIllinoisblue

I see that a competent police force can manage a derby on 16:02 - Feb 22 by Lord_Lucan

Ahh, don't get me started as I am in danger of going off one one and reminiscing.

Best line - yo yo balloons. Bought them from the States, cost 6p, sold them for £1. You could do loads of tricks with them. There was only me and a couple of mates that could work them, we were the aces! Summer holidays in seaside towns I would do 500 units a day and watch tits all day at the same time, at night I'd do the Running Rat that my mate made in Thailand, they were a foam mouse / rat with a bit of string and a cotton reel underneath. They were a fantastic night line. One year in Bournemouth was when traditional yo'yo's made a massive comeback and I was taking serious corn on then with the light up ones at night, doing all the tricks.

When I first turned up in Bournemouth the police kicked me out saying that there was a bylaw banning pedlars. Most people accepted it but I challenged the council and threatened them with a test case. Three years later and Bournemouth was heaving in Manc and Scouse pedlars after I defied the council. My claim to fame is that they then spent millions of pounds implementing The Bournemouth Act, I was all over the news https://services.parliament.uk/Bills/2007-08/bournemouthboroughcouncilhl.html

Halcyon Days!

love it! Phil should have you writing a regular column detailing all your escapades, football and non-footy. Would be a great read.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I see that a competent police force can manage a derby on 21:24 - Feb 22 with 1097 viewsLord_Lucan

I see that a competent police force can manage a derby on 20:50 - Feb 22 by Illinoisblue

love it! Phil should have you writing a regular column detailing all your escapades, football and non-footy. Would be a great read.

Ah man, I’ve had a ball.

I loved peddling, you really saw a lot of life, done it for years all over the country - and Amsterdam!

You know those “See you Jimmy” hats, the tartan bonnet with the ginger hair coming out the side? I swear to god, I made them big time for the sporting ocassion jock. When Scotland were playing Holland at Villa Park in the 1996 Euros all the traders were getting nicked for selling fake merchandise but I was there all day selling 100’s of those stupid hats, I had to take the Scottish landlord of my local with me to do the talking as I would have been lynched as an Englishman. I made a killing at Twickenham as well before I got nicked - but I beat the council in court, I never ever lost a court case. I got nicked in Yarmouth once and Norfolk police even had it in for me back then and took all my stock and money off me, never left me with a train fare home and they took my return ticket for good measure. I won the case and they were furious, I went back next week and rubbed their nose in it. Thing is, technically as a pedlar you have to keep moving and they were determined to nick me again. I had a very heavy bag of gear so I took RKD along to be my bag carrier, I reckon he must have been about 10 at the time but he put a shift in.

Brilliant times, so many stories. Bombs and Provos in Ballycastle, Absolute crazyness in Exeter, Living in a car for two weeks in Bath whilst going drinking with the rugby team. Wouldn’t change any of it for the world.

Don’t get me started on fishing holidays.........

I see that a competent police force can manage a derby on 21:37 - Feb 22 with 1067 viewsfooters

I see that a competent police force can manage a derby on 16:02 - Feb 22 by Lord_Lucan

Halcyon Days!

Why did I imagine you'd drank 500 units rather than sold the balloons?

Speaking of plod, how long have you and Jr got left to run on your bans?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

I see that a competent police force can manage a derby on 21:39 - Feb 22 with 1056 viewsLord_Lucan

I see that a competent police force can manage a derby on 21:37 - Feb 22 by footers

Why did I imagine you'd drank 500 units rather than sold the balloons?

Speaking of plod, how long have you and Jr got left to run on your bans?

Dunno is the honest answer.

Maybe two and one?

I’m hoping to get an extension.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024