Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Set pieces 13:26 - Feb 11 with 1014 viewsbritbiker

Can you remember a worse season for ineffective set pieces. There was a time when our defenders would contribute around five goals each from corners alone. Chambers has had at least three relatively free headers in recent weeks and not one has even tested the keeper.
Norwich are known for conceeding from set pieces but we never even looked like getting on the end of a cross.
Set pieces on 13:28 - Feb 11 with 1006 viewsHarry_Palmer

I made a similar post a couple of weeks back. We have been really poor this season and it is something PL must work on, especially considering we offer so little goal threat from open play.
Set pieces on 13:31 - Feb 11 with 989 viewsZedRodgers

Delivery is/will be better with Judge.

Chambers should have done better with his one yesterday but I liked that low-drilled thing we attempted from a corner in the first half.

No, not at the moment

Set pieces on 13:34 - Feb 11 with 975 viewsTractorJack

Just checked and last season we scored 18 (joint 4th best in league), conceded 11 (joint 7th).
This season we've scored 6 (20th) and conceded 14 (joint 23rd).
Set pieces on 16:29 - Feb 11 with 942 viewsbritbiker

Set pieces on 13:34 - Feb 11 by TractorJack

Just checked and last season we scored 18 (joint 4th best in league), conceded 11 (joint 7th).
This season we've scored 6 (20th) and conceded 14 (joint 23rd).

Pretty damning stats. I used to look forward to seeing the likes of smith hammering home a header from a corner. Now I look to see who we have left on the half way line to cover the inevitable break away.
Set pieces on 17:38 - Feb 11 with 904 viewsPilgrimblue

Set pieces on 16:29 - Feb 11 by britbiker

Pretty damning stats. I used to look forward to seeing the likes of smith hammering home a header from a corner. Now I look to see who we have left on the half way line to cover the inevitable break away.

Its been very poor and probably Smith was last of our CBs that knew how to score. Neither Chambo nor Pennington can keep ball on target plus our tactics for free kicks and corners are poor. No invention or even looking for best position to determine who takes the kick (left or right footer). Judge has improved delivery but to who!!
Set pieces on 18:13 - Feb 11 with 884 viewsSwansea_Blue

Forgotten Leadbitter’s daisycutters already?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Set pieces on 18:17 - Feb 11 with 876 viewsbournemouthblue

The delivery has certainly improved under Judge but you do have to question the heading power available

It's no coincidence that Lambert has tried to increase the height through the side despite the mediocre budget he has had to work with

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024