Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil/Gav 00:21 - Feb 8 with 4933 viewsStNeotsBlue

Can we get another "political" category added. Football and general chit chat is great, but the board has been overtaken by a handful of tedious tw@ts from all political persuasions who are relentless.

Same people arguing about the same old sh!te, it must be be affecting your business.

We're going to sneak a victory at Norwich is my call.
Phil/Gav on 00:44 - Feb 8 with 4661 viewsMattinLondon

Most political threads are obvious by their titles. My advice is don’t open them up.
Phil/Gav on 04:41 - Feb 8 with 4610 viewsBenters2

I agree sadly the forum is ruled by Corbynitz university bods!

Which is something I will never understand,how is it so many people who reckon they are so clever love this man?

It’s clear as day he and his ilk hate dear old Blighty and all it stands for.

Sofas in pubs,designer beards,tight jeans.

Modern times I guess.
Phil/Gav on 07:08 - Feb 8 with 4559 viewsSitfcB

You don’t have to read them.
There’s a hide thread button.
This in a way is a political post, TWTD politics.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Phil/Gav on 07:31 - Feb 8 with 4543 viewsbontcho

Phil/Gav on 07:08 - Feb 8 by SitfcB

I wonder if Gav has considered putting the “hide thread” button on the forum page rather than on the thread itself? Minor point but I reckon I’d use it more if that was the case.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Phil/Gav on 07:42 - Feb 8 with 4526 viewsLeaky

Phil/Gav on 00:44 - Feb 8 by MattinLondon

Most political threads are obvious by their titles. My advice is don’t open them up.

Yes most political threads are obvious however this is a football web site, although there appears there are too few football related threads. Yes I think it is resulting in a loss of business as I know a lot of people who now use other sites
Phil/Gav on 07:50 - Feb 8 with 4519 viewsSuperblue95

Phil/Gav on 07:42 - Feb 8 by Leaky

Yes most political threads are obvious however this is a football web site, although there appears there are too few football related threads. Yes I think it is resulting in a loss of business as I know a lot of people who now use other sites

You realise there is a football only thread section?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Phil/Gav on 07:54 - Feb 8 with 4515 viewsBenters2

Phil/Gav on 07:08 - Feb 8 by SitfcB

How do you hide political threads then ?
Phil/Gav on 08:17 - Feb 8 with 4488 viewsSitfcB

Phil/Gav on 07:54 - Feb 8 by Benters2

How do you hide political threads then ?

Click the red x on the OP

Down there on the right....

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Phil/Gav on 08:19 - Feb 8 with 4477 viewsSitfcB

We have this argument all the time.

This forum isn’t just a football forum and that’s what makes it what it is.

COYB

Phil/Gav on 08:26 - Feb 8 with 4463 viewswkj

If football only people find joining a new website easier than pressing this button, then I have to become suspicious that TWTD isn't the problem.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Phil/Gav on 08:36 - Feb 8 with 4436 viewsSitfcB

Phil/Gav on 07:31 - Feb 8 by bontcho

I wonder if Gav has considered putting the “hide thread” button on the forum page rather than on the thread itself? Minor point but I reckon I’d use it more if that was the case.

Yeah good point! Would make it easier.

COYB

Phil/Gav on 08:39 - Feb 8 with 4429 viewsLeaky

Phil/Gav on 07:50 - Feb 8 by Superblue95

You realise there is a football only thread section?

Thank you for that information , I do realise there is a football only option unfortunately the content isn't that great. This in a week when we have a local derby & some one has arranged for 100 town fans to go to Dusseldorf in May for there game against Hanover.
Phil/Gav on 08:41 - Feb 8 with 4418 viewsitfcjoe

Phil/Gav on 08:39 - Feb 8 by Leaky

Thank you for that information , I do realise there is a football only option unfortunately the content isn't that great. This in a week when we have a local derby & some one has arranged for 100 town fans to go to Dusseldorf in May for there game against Hanover.

You can start your own threads for people to comment on

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Phil/Gav on 08:43 - Feb 8 with 4412 viewswkj

The quality of the posts being post isn't really up to the website thought is it. As for posts such as Dusseldorf, I would bet you had someone messaged Phil/Gav the details and could prove it was genuine, they would have stickied the post in the forums.

Crybaby

Phil/Gav on 08:47 - Feb 8 with 4398 viewsblueislander

You might have noticed that our football team are not doing very well. This may impact on the paucity of football threads.
Phil/Gav on 08:50 - Feb 8 with 4387 viewsLeaky

Phil/Gav on 08:43 - Feb 8 by wkj

The quality of the posts being post isn't really up to the website thought is it. As for posts such as Dusseldorf, I would bet you had someone messaged Phil/Gav the details and could prove it was genuine, they would have stickied the post in the forums.

Well I hope its genuine, as my son has just paid £12 for a ticket hotel & flight booked .Unfortunately I have to have an operation so not able to go.
Phil/Gav on 08:51 - Feb 8 with 4384 viewsSuperblue95

It you aren’t happy with the content then feel free to use a different site. I’m not sure what your point is? Nobody is forcing you to use TWTD

Phil/Gav on 08:54 - Feb 8 with 4373 viewsStNeotsBlue

Phil/Gav on 08:26 - Feb 8 by wkj

If football only people find joining a new website easier than pressing this button, then I have to become suspicious that TWTD isn't the problem.

As stated originally I enjoy the majority of the general content. The politics threads less so, last night when I originally posted about 3/4 of the most recently active threads were all political. A handful if posters all shouting the same old stuff at each other whilst not listening to any decent points made by people with opposing views.

My point was have a football category, general nonsense category and then a politics category for the argumentative bores.
Phil/Gav on 08:56 - Feb 8 with 4361 viewsHerbivore

Can you also add a bleating thread filter please so I can screen out the numerous threads complaining about posts/posters?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Phil/Gav on 09:06 - Feb 8 with 4339 viewsBrianTablet

Phil/Gav on 08:51 - Feb 8 by Superblue95

It you aren’t happy with the content then feel free to use a different site. I’m not sure what your point is? Nobody is forcing you to use TWTD

Are you suggesting a TWTDexit?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Phil/Gav on 09:08 - Feb 8 with 4333 viewsSwansea_Blue

Any chance of a Whiners Corner while you're at it Gav

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Phil/Gav on 09:11 - Feb 8 with 4327 viewsSuperblue95

Phil/Gav on 09:06 - Feb 8 by BrianTablet

Are you suggesting a TWTDexit?

Take out the D and stick an A in after the W and it would be delightful to see the swathes leave the forum

Phil/Gav on 09:15 - Feb 8 with 4319 viewswkj

Phil/Gav on 09:11 - Feb 8 by Superblue95

Take out the D and stick an A in after the W and it would be delightful to see the swathes leave the forum

Paul Hurst exited a while ago, keep up

Crybaby

Phil/Gav on 09:27 - Feb 8 with 4282 viewsSuperblue95

Phil/Gav on 09:15 - Feb 8 by wkj

Paul Hurst exited a while ago, keep up

I can’t, there’s too much political talk on here to keep up with the footie

Phil/Gav on 09:45 - Feb 8 with 4246 viewsBiGDonnie

Found this tasty little number that some of our resident politicians may find interesting...

https://www.debatepolitics.com/forum.php

Imagine discussing politics on a political forum.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024