Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a pickke 10:34 - Feb 3 with 1137 viewsbritbiker

Were clearly going down as weve not shown any sort of form all year. We now have an over bloated team full of loans cost costing money which in retrospect is now wasted.

Wouldnt it be better to start working with building for next season with the youth and some of hursts players. Problem is what do you do with all the loans that clearly wont be here next season. Judge looked ok, but unless there is any chance he will be here next year is it just now getting in the way of seeing who to keep or offload.
What a pickke on 10:37 - Feb 3 with 1126 viewsagentp

The loans were brought in to try and save us. It doesn't look like it will work. There are contracts and commitments in place, you can't just rip them up, just like you can't make decisions in hindsight.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

What a pickke on 10:41 - Feb 3 with 1113 viewsPecker

What a pickke on 10:37 - Feb 3 by agentp

The loans were brought in to try and save us. It doesn't look like it will work. There are contracts and commitments in place, you can't just rip them up, just like you can't make decisions in hindsight.

Why do some managers think they know better than others though. Quaner hasn't been a goal scorer anywhere. Keane is barely good enough and Elder and Bree can't defend. If Lambert saw these players before signing them, you have to question his judgement. He has to be held accountable for some of it. A total mess.
What a pickke on 10:57 - Feb 3 with 1082 viewsbournemouthblue

What a pickke on 10:41 - Feb 3 by Pecker

Why do some managers think they know better than others though. Quaner hasn't been a goal scorer anywhere. Keane is barely good enough and Elder and Bree can't defend. If Lambert saw these players before signing them, you have to question his judgement. He has to be held accountable for some of it. A total mess.

Perhaps these were the only players he could get?

I half wonder if some have been purchased so the team can get used to playing with players of this type for next season. He will already be working on his shortlist in League One.

Why we haven't had a look at Emmanuel is beyond me, it seems a no brainer at the moment.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What a pickke on 11:01 - Feb 3 with 1066 viewsPecker

What a pickke on 10:57 - Feb 3 by bournemouthblue

Perhaps these were the only players he could get?

I half wonder if some have been purchased so the team can get used to playing with players of this type for next season. He will already be working on his shortlist in League One.

Why we haven't had a look at Emmanuel is beyond me, it seems a no brainer at the moment.

Once Lambert realises that we are down, I hope he looks at all our youth players. 6 of them should be brought into the first team with the more experienced to help. Can't see it happening, but it should.
What a pickke on 11:03 - Feb 3 with 1045 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What a pickke on 11:01 - Feb 3 by Pecker

Once Lambert realises that we are down, I hope he looks at all our youth players. 6 of them should be brought into the first team with the more experienced to help. Can't see it happening, but it should.

What makes you think that playing in a relegated and uncompetitive team will be a useful experience for young players?

The time to bring them into the fold is the summer, with a fresh challenge to go at.

Bishop, Downed and Lankester are already in the team, I can't think that any others would massively benefit from being thrown into this mess.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What a pickke on 11:10 - Feb 3 with 1023 viewsPecker

What a pickke on 11:03 - Feb 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

What makes you think that playing in a relegated and uncompetitive team will be a useful experience for young players?

The time to bring them into the fold is the summer, with a fresh challenge to go at.

Bishop, Downed and Lankester are already in the team, I can't think that any others would massively benefit from being thrown into this mess.

Wondered how long it would take you to totally disagree with me. Continuing with the loanees and players who won't be here next season is also a pointless exercise. Lambert needs to play the side he wants for next season now, in competitive games. A few pointless friendlies pre season will tell him little about the kids, so throw them in now. If they are strong enough they will survive, if not, at least Lambert will know for the summer.
What a pickke on 11:12 - Feb 3 with 1018 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What a pickke on 11:10 - Feb 3 by Pecker

Wondered how long it would take you to totally disagree with me. Continuing with the loanees and players who won't be here next season is also a pointless exercise. Lambert needs to play the side he wants for next season now, in competitive games. A few pointless friendlies pre season will tell him little about the kids, so throw them in now. If they are strong enough they will survive, if not, at least Lambert will know for the summer.

Agree to differ on this one.

Which players do u think will benefit from playing in such an uncompetitive team?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What a pickke on 11:17 - Feb 3 with 1007 viewsPecker

What a pickke on 11:12 - Feb 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agree to differ on this one.

Which players do u think will benefit from playing in such an uncompetitive team?

Anyone that Lambert has his eye on for next season. No point playing the same X1 that got us into this mess, so might as well try something different. Get the system he wants in his head, 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 5-4-1. Play this system in training and bring the youngsters through. What is the point in playing Quaner, Keane, Elder and Bree. None of them will be here next season. I do not see the point in waiting until the summer. Have a look at them now.
Login to get fewer ads

What a pickke on 11:20 - Feb 3 with 1003 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What a pickke on 11:17 - Feb 3 by Pecker

Anyone that Lambert has his eye on for next season. No point playing the same X1 that got us into this mess, so might as well try something different. Get the system he wants in his head, 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 5-4-1. Play this system in training and bring the youngsters through. What is the point in playing Quaner, Keane, Elder and Bree. None of them will be here next season. I do not see the point in waiting until the summer. Have a look at them now.

Keane is out of contract in the summer, and has said he would like to stay, so I wouldn't rule him out.

Elder isn't in the first team at the moment anyway.

So that just leave Bree and Quaner.

Emanuel could maybe play, but he couldn't get in the Shrewsbury team

So that just leaves Quaner, who would you replace him with?

What a pickke on 11:30 - Feb 3 with 969 viewsPecker

What a pickke on 11:20 - Feb 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Keane is out of contract in the summer, and has said he would like to stay, so I wouldn't rule him out.

Elder isn't in the first team at the moment anyway.

So that just leave Bree and Quaner.

Emanuel could maybe play, but he couldn't get in the Shrewsbury team

So that just leaves Quaner, who would you replace him with?

It doesn't matter who I would replace him with, it is who is Lambert going to replace him with next season. You talk to me like I am a football manager, which I am not. I have plans set in at work for the next 2 years. I have thought of things to improve the running of the company and for every eventuality should it arise. Now, if I were Lambert, I would already be looking at next season and considering who out of what I have, will I want for next season. If say 3 or 4 of them are good enough, then I would be looking at the youth system to see who I could bring through. You think we should wait until the summer, I think that is to late. I do not know our academy players, I have only seen 1 games this season, but judging by results, there seems to be some talent there. Bring that talent in now and see if they are good enough. No point in waiting, this season is a lost cause so start building already. What is the point in waiting?
What a pickke on 11:32 - Feb 3 with 957 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What a pickke on 11:30 - Feb 3 by Pecker

It doesn't matter who I would replace him with, it is who is Lambert going to replace him with next season. You talk to me like I am a football manager, which I am not. I have plans set in at work for the next 2 years. I have thought of things to improve the running of the company and for every eventuality should it arise. Now, if I were Lambert, I would already be looking at next season and considering who out of what I have, will I want for next season. If say 3 or 4 of them are good enough, then I would be looking at the youth system to see who I could bring through. You think we should wait until the summer, I think that is to late. I do not know our academy players, I have only seen 1 games this season, but judging by results, there seems to be some talent there. Bring that talent in now and see if they are good enough. No point in waiting, this season is a lost cause so start building already. What is the point in waiting?

Well that was a long winded way of saying nothing.

What a pickke on 12:16 - Feb 3 with 919 viewsPecker

What a pickke on 11:32 - Feb 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Well that was a long winded way of saying nothing.

You really are a pr1ck.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024