Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Webster 22:09 - Feb 2 with 6996 viewscidered

Hey guys,

Always had a soft spot for you guys after travelling to Portman road when I was about 14 to watch us (Bristol City) get battered by that brilliant team you had with Dyer, Scowcroft, Wright, Clapham etc. So it’s a shame to see you in your current predicament.

I hate to compound the misery but what the hell were you doing selling us Adam Webster for 3.5m?!?! Even if it does go up to the 8 or whatever it’s a bargain, the guy is immense. I heard he was a good ball playing cb but wow, so cool and calm under pressure, ridiculous passing range, both footed, brings it out charging past 2,3,4 players. Then on top of that he defends like a beast, amazing positioning, super quick and a great leap. Has got to be the best defender I’ve seen down here since I’ve been watching City and I would be surprised if there is a better cb in the championship right now.

I don’t understand how you let him go so cheap?

Adam Webster on 22:11 - Feb 2 with 5669 viewsHorseboy

Because every single decision we make at this club at the moment is a complete calamity.
on 22:12 - Feb 2 with 5649 views_

Adam Webster on 22:12 - Feb 2 with 5643 viewsDarth_Koont

Flat track bully.

I was never that impressed.

Pronouns: He/Him

Adam Webster on 22:13 - Feb 2 with 5618 viewsmos

We are a giving club, similar to a charity.

We give not only good players away, but also 3 points too!

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Adam Webster on 23:21 - Feb 2 with 5364 viewsCoco

Do one.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Adam Webster on 23:27 - Feb 2 with 5326 viewspositivity

plenty more where that came from, can we interest you in jonas knudsen, jordan spence, luke chambers, we'll see them to you for a couple of million apiece...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Adam Webster on 23:28 - Feb 2 with 5322 viewsMr_Ipswich

P1ss off.
Adam Webster on 23:34 - Feb 2 with 5305 viewsreusersfreekicks

Cos when with us he couldn't defend
Login to get fewer ads

Adam Webster on 23:45 - Feb 2 with 5267 viewscidered

Adam Webster on 23:34 - Feb 2 by reusersfreekicks

That’s hard to imagine! Although I remember your fans being quite split about him leaving at the time. His CB partner at the moment is Tomas Kalas though who is also seriously impressive so I wonder if that’s helping him look even better...
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 23:46]
Adam Webster on 23:48 - Feb 2 with 5253 viewsagentp

Adam Webster on 23:34 - Feb 2 by reusersfreekicks

When our old manager left all our decent players wanted to move closer to home [cough]. Bargains were to be had.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Adam Webster on 23:53 - Feb 2 with 5222 viewsRyorry

I hope your timing's better in your bedroom than it is on here.

Good night.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Adam Webster on 00:36 - Feb 3 with 5120 viewsnorth_stand77

We're just the fans..... and have had no control of the poor decisions made at our club over the past few years unfortunately
Adam Webster on 00:55 - Feb 3 with 5092 viewsmadmouse1959

We should of built a team around players like Adam Webster, Tyrone Mings, Cresswell etc etc over previous seasons but we continually sell our better players and retain players that are just not good enough. We may have a good manager in Paul Lambert but he really needs to get to grips with finding his best 11 and a regular team. Forget the nice guys , we need better footballers.
What does Marcus Evans expect when we just can,t score goals ? When we concede goals far too easy ?

shampoo dave

Adam Webster on 02:02 - Feb 3 with 5027 viewsbournemouthblue

Simple answer, he was massively under priced and Paul Hurst didn't have a clue what he was doing

I've no doubt he'll be sold for considerably more than you paid for him, I was particularly annoyed with the price at the time and you can see how important to our back four he was

In fact my comments on this article are fairly clear
Happy with £5m for Adam Webster? by PhilTWTD 27 Jun 2018 16:04
[poll_2955]

[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 2:06]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Adam Webster on 08:32 - Feb 3 with 4780 viewscidered

Adam Webster on 23:53 - Feb 2 by Ryorry

I hope your timing's better in your bedroom than it is on here.

Good night.

Yeah, sorry about that.

Hopefully it turns round for you, or you get reenergised with a rebuild in L1 if the worst happens.
Adam Webster on 09:13 - Feb 3 with 4617 viewsSuperblue95

He was injured a lot whilst here and although you could see he had something about him he didn’t show it nearly enough here. Same with McGoldrick now at Sheffield Utd.

You just knew both would do great after leaving as is typical of our luck

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Adam Webster on 09:30 - Feb 3 with 4526 viewsPinewoodblue

Adam Webster on 09:13 - Feb 3 by Superblue95

He was injured a lot whilst here and although you could see he had something about him he didn’t show it nearly enough here. Same with McGoldrick now at Sheffield Utd.

You just knew both would do great after leaving as is typical of our luck

Webster was also handicapped by our style of play. I

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Adam Webster on 09:37 - Feb 3 with 4485 viewsLeagueOne

Our owner in effect likes to ensure that the running costs of the club aren't too high. He believes that we are competitive and we can get promotion on his model.

As a result, Hurst had to offload players to bring in his signings and that was funded by player sales such as Webster, Garner and Waghorn and the owner had already released McGoldrick, Hyam and Bru to cut down the wages before Hurst had even arrived.

The end result of years of cuts and doing the bare minimum is that we'll likely not see the second tier again for some time.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Adam Webster on 09:38 - Feb 3 with 4484 viewsPecker

Hey back. You have a chairman and manager who knows what they are doing, whereas we have an owner who doesn't and a manager who says all the right things, but as it happens, is totally clueless as well. Good luck with your play off push and good on all at Ashton Gate.
Adam Webster on 10:07 - Feb 3 with 4400 viewsagentp

Adam Webster on 09:37 - Feb 3 by LeagueOne

Our owner in effect likes to ensure that the running costs of the club aren't too high. He believes that we are competitive and we can get promotion on his model.

As a result, Hurst had to offload players to bring in his signings and that was funded by player sales such as Webster, Garner and Waghorn and the owner had already released McGoldrick, Hyam and Bru to cut down the wages before Hurst had even arrived.

The end result of years of cuts and doing the bare minimum is that we'll likely not see the second tier again for some time.

He didn't have to offload those players though did he?

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Adam Webster on 10:11 - Feb 3 with 4388 viewsHarry_Palmer

Great, thanks for that. As if we weren't depressed enough already.
Adam Webster on 10:12 - Feb 3 with 4377 viewsMullet

Adam Webster on 09:30 - Feb 3 by Pinewoodblue

Webster was also handicapped by our style of play. I

That isn't true at all.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Adam Webster on 10:14 - Feb 3 with 4368 viewsPinewoodblue

Adam Webster on 10:12 - Feb 3 by Mullet

That isn't true at all.

Opinion

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Adam Webster on 10:14 - Feb 3 with 4369 viewsPecker

Adam Webster on 10:12 - Feb 3 by Mullet

That isn't true at all.

It is .
Adam Webster on 10:20 - Feb 3 with 4342 viewsMullet

Adam Webster on 10:14 - Feb 3 by Pinewoodblue

Opinion

How though? Given his role etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024