Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement 21:10 - Feb 2 with 2355 viewsmrshallisfit

So we are down. Yes today was depressing. We are now a League One team next season. Will the manager we have get us straight back. He may have a shot. However..... The real cancer we have at the club is ME. Did anyone else feel queasy reading his interview this week. He is in complete denial. He will continue on just as before. He has made poor decisions after another. He feels the decline of the club has no real link to his abject leadership. He is now taking a more active role supposedly after years of delegating to Billy no marks like Clegg and Milne. How to run a club the size of ours? Just look 45 miles up the A140.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 21:11]
This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 21:23 - Feb 2 with 2302 viewsmos

Don’t try and do one of these big, emphatic posts where you suddenly decide that we have become a league one* side. It’s as if you’re deliberately trying to ruin the hope that some fans may have just because you have lost hope yourself.

We are not a League One club at all, we probably will be by the looks of things, but for the moment we are not.

Stop flouncing.

* League one, not Championship.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 21:35]

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 21:25 - Feb 2 with 2294 viewsKorrupt

Totally agree. He's been a disaster for this club. He takes overall responsibility for what happens to the club in its entirety. So sad it all is.
This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 21:32 - Feb 2 with 2270 viewsmrshallisfit

This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 21:23 - Feb 2 by mos

Don’t try and do one of these big, emphatic posts where you suddenly decide that we have become a league one* side. It’s as if you’re deliberately trying to ruin the hope that some fans may have just because you have lost hope yourself.

We are not a League One club at all, we probably will be by the looks of things, but for the moment we are not.

Stop flouncing.

I've been going to watch the club for 40 years. I'm not flouncing. This is the situation we find ourselves in. If you are not a comedy creation then I suggest you grow a brain.
This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 21:39 - Feb 2 with 2245 views3_5_2

don't worry

it will get worse yet

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 21:39 - Feb 2 with 2247 viewsmos

This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 21:32 - Feb 2 by mrshallisfit

I've been going to watch the club for 40 years. I'm not flouncing. This is the situation we find ourselves in. If you are not a comedy creation then I suggest you grow a brain.

It’s blatant flouncing, if you’ve been watching the past 12 years it would appear fairly obvious we weren’t going to go up, instead we’d go down...

It’s as if our possible relegation is coming as a surprise to yourself, if anything I’d be more interested playing in League One than struggling for years upon end in the Championship watching dead-boring football.

- Albeit my final paragraph is off from the point of your OP, it sheds a likely positive.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 21:48 - Feb 2 with 2201 viewsFrimleyBlue

This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 21:23 - Feb 2 by mos

Stop flouncing.

Oh come on. There's not a call in hell's chance of us staying up. Forget hope etc. Just be realistic. We've just had a transfer window and didn't actually bring anyone in who could help keep us up. So the hope I had has gone completly. So I can agree with the op.

However I still won't blame Evans.

HAD Hurst came onboard and wanted to work with our senior players rather than replace them. I believe he could have taken us to midtable. However he single handidly relegated this club. If it were possible ( which it's not). If I were Evans is sue every penny out of Hurst and make sure he never got another job again. (. Clearly I wouldn't but you get my anger )

What happened in the past 10 years has 0 relevance to this season. None at all.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 22:17 - Feb 2 with 2131 viewsmrshallisfit

This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 21:48 - Feb 2 by FrimleyBlue

Oh come on. There's not a call in hell's chance of us staying up. Forget hope etc. Just be realistic. We've just had a transfer window and didn't actually bring anyone in who could help keep us up. So the hope I had has gone completly. So I can agree with the op.

However I still won't blame Evans.

HAD Hurst came onboard and wanted to work with our senior players rather than replace them. I believe he could have taken us to midtable. However he single handidly relegated this club. If it were possible ( which it's not). If I were Evans is sue every penny out of Hurst and make sure he never got another job again. (. Clearly I wouldn't but you get my anger )

What happened in the past 10 years has 0 relevance to this season. None at all.

So we have just had a transfer window where we have not invested in any players that will make a clear difference. But you don't blame Evabs at all. He really is the Teflon owner for some of our fans.
This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 22:17 - Feb 2 with 2124 viewsOxford_Blue

People say that after every defeat
Login to get fewer ads

This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 22:22 - Feb 2 with 2108 viewsFrimleyBlue

This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 22:17 - Feb 2 by mrshallisfit

So we have just had a transfer window where we have not invested in any players that will make a clear difference. But you don't blame Evabs at all. He really is the Teflon owner for some of our fans.

Bottom of the league and you were expecting large sums of money to be spent... May I ask what players were you expecting to join a club rock bottom of the league ?

Evans has invested in 6 players this window. Now I don't think they'll make a difference. But you can't say he hasn't provided any form of investment.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 22:37 - Feb 2 with 2071 viewsOxford_Blue

We’re actually no worse off than we were before today other than having a game less to play.

Our current position is caused by the summer dismantling of the team.

It is not caused by things that took place in 2008,09,10,11 etc when we finished in the top half most seasons and in the play offs or near.
This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 10:21 - Feb 3 with 1757 viewstractorboy1978

This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 22:37 - Feb 2 by Oxford_Blue

We’re actually no worse off than we were before today other than having a game less to play.

Our current position is caused by the summer dismantling of the team.

It is not caused by things that took place in 2008,09,10,11 etc when we finished in the top half most seasons and in the play offs or near.

We were 7pts + GD off and we are now 8pts + GD so we are worse off.
This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 10:39 - Feb 3 with 1722 viewsOxford_Blue

This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 10:21 - Feb 3 by tractorboy1978

We were 7pts + GD off and we are now 8pts + GD so we are worse off.

Fair point.

We are the one point worse off.

On the other issues it’s hard to see how 11 years of mismanagement has caused the current position. It seems to me it was working pretty well up to last summer in so far as us being an established Chanpionship team. MM going was the catalyst for what happened next. Hurst and Evans between them caused or allowed our best players to go and we replaced them with dross in numbers.
This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 11:08 - Feb 3 with 1682 viewstractorboy1978

This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 10:39 - Feb 3 by Oxford_Blue

Fair point.

On the other issues it’s hard to see how 11 years of mismanagement has caused the current position. It seems to me it was working pretty well up to last summer in so far as us being an established Chanpionship team. MM going was the catalyst for what happened next. Hurst and Evans between them caused or allowed our best players to go and we replaced them with dross in numbers.

Not the extent of the current position but we've spent more time in the bottom half under Evans tenure than the top half. To me anyway, it's been inevitable for some time that we were more likely to exit the division via relegation than promotion. We've felt one bad window away from trouble for some time. There has been a steady reduction in the quality of the side over the past few seasons and Hurst got his sledgehammer out and added the final touches this summer.
This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 11:17 - Feb 3 with 1669 viewsmrshallisfit

This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 10:39 - Feb 3 by Oxford_Blue

Fair point.

Really? It was going pretty good three years into Mick's tenure but at that point when we need an extra injection of cash from the owner it wasn't forthcoming. (Burley built for 3/4 years and then when Sheepshanks saw that an extra boost of cash was needed we then bought Holland, Johnson and finally Stewart). For the last few years under Mick we stagnated and he produced poor quality functional football just in the attempt to keep us up. Previous mismanagement included getting rid of integral players (MacCauley, Delaney etc) because the main contact at the club wasn't up to it (Clegg) and throwing money at the wrong appointment (Keane). Evans cites in the article this week that he tried throwing money at it at the beginning and it didn't work. Yes because the appointment he made was a duff one. Whenever a crucial decision was to be made at the club either Evans was absent or he made the wrong one. Except of course the one he made in November 2011 when he appointed MM. If he had built his empire like he has run ITFC he would have been a business failure.
This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 13:16 - Feb 3 with 1599 viewsOxford_Blue

This is the end result of 11 years of mismanagement on 11:17 - Feb 3 by mrshallisfit

Really? It was going pretty good three years into Mick's tenure but at that point when we need an extra injection of cash from the owner it wasn't forthcoming. (Burley built for 3/4 years and then when Sheepshanks saw that an extra boost of cash was needed we then bought Holland, Johnson and finally Stewart). For the last few years under Mick we stagnated and he produced poor quality functional football just in the attempt to keep us up. Previous mismanagement included getting rid of integral players (MacCauley, Delaney etc) because the main contact at the club wasn't up to it (Clegg) and throwing money at the wrong appointment (Keane). Evans cites in the article this week that he tried throwing money at it at the beginning and it didn't work. Yes because the appointment he made was a duff one. Whenever a crucial decision was to be made at the club either Evans was absent or he made the wrong one. Except of course the one he made in November 2011 when he appointed MM. If he had built his empire like he has run ITFC he would have been a business failure.

You’re making a lot of claims there such as Clegg causing GM to leave.

Fact is, we care 12th last season and before then were top half and/or competing for play offs. So the model worked. Our best year was when MM got us to 6th, and he had little money to spend.

Getting to 6th didn’t cause the current problems. They are caused by the instability when MM went and bad decisions by PH which were permitted by the owner.

Had MM stayed, we wouldn’t be in this mess, which is evidence that the problems were not inevitable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024