Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... 23:06 - Feb 1 with 5005 viewstags

https://www.edp24.co.uk/features/should-we-boo-ipswich-s-paul-lambert-against-no

It’s actually pretty offensive- a journalist basically telling nodge fans to abuse Lambert - thankfully EADT has more class.
I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 23:14 - Feb 1 with 4937 viewsgainsboroughblue

That's utterly crass, imflammatory journalism at it's finest.

And without Lambert, Nodge would possibly still be a shambles in League One or bottom reaches of Championship.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 23:14 - Feb 1 with 4937 viewsEly_Blue

In fairness if you read the comments below the article some of their own fans are giving the journo a hard time for even suggesting it

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 23:17 - Feb 1 with 4925 viewsRonFearonsHair

Surely this is just a blog post that some kid in his bedroom wrote in a special section of the website, like the Guardian do?

I would struggle to believe that it was written by someone who makes a living being a journalist.
I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 23:20 - Feb 1 with 4909 viewsSuffolktractor

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 23:14 - Feb 1 by Ely_Blue

In fairness if you read the comments below the article some of their own fans are giving the journo a hard time for even suggesting it

Agree
Most of the Norwich fans commenting are more balanced and sensible. Lambert saved them from oblivion, obviously when a better club like Villa come knocking he will go.
Now he has found his true home, he will weave his magic again.
I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 23:26 - Feb 1 with 4889 viewstags

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 23:17 - Feb 1 by RonFearonsHair

Surely this is just a blog post that some kid in his bedroom wrote in a special section of the website, like the Guardian do?

I would struggle to believe that it was written by someone who makes a living being a journalist.

The article was published in the sports section of the edp.

Looking at his bio the author, Steven Downes, must be 30 something
I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 23:37 - Feb 1 with 4847 viewsRonFearonsHair

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 23:26 - Feb 1 by tags

Good grief.

I would love to know how he swung that gig.
I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 23:47 - Feb 1 with 4826 viewsIllinoisblue

Pleasing to see the budgies give the author some stick. Although shouldn’t be too harsh on 12-year-old Steve.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 23:50 - Feb 1 with 4825 viewsnorth_stand77

Wow! I'm surprised the EDP even thought this would be a good idea to publish.
Talk about incitement, somebody should be having a word about irresponsible journalism.
Login to get fewer ads

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 00:00 - Feb 2 with 4803 viewsBinner

"Dissing your ex is not classy, Paul" said Steven Downes, dissing his ex manager...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 00:22 - Feb 2 with 4778 viewsLeagueOne

A bit like the relegation clock the EADT used when Norwich got promoted once and they stayed up. Embarrassing stuff.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 01:03 - Feb 2 with 4730 viewsBlueBadger

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 00:22 - Feb 2 by LeagueOne

A bit like the relegation clock the EADT used when Norwich got promoted once and they stayed up. Embarrassing stuff.

Which was, in part, a response the the EDP's 'down town' clock from the 2000/2001 season...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 01:23 - Feb 2 with 4711 viewsCoastalblue

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 01:03 - Feb 2 by BlueBadger

Which was, in part, a response the the EDP's 'down town' clock from the 2000/2001 season...

Did we manage to stay up too that season?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 07:43 - Feb 2 with 4547 viewsSteve_M

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 01:03 - Feb 2 by BlueBadger

It's almost as if Archant are utterly desperate for any controversy that will sell papers or get clicks.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 08:27 - Feb 2 with 4419 viewsGarv

They had every opportunity to come out of this looking like the bigger and better club and fanbase.

Well played.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 08:33 - Feb 2 with 4365 viewsm14_blue

The article is appallingly written but surely there’s no question that he’s going to get a hostile reception?

Didn’t leave on the best of terms anyway and is now Town manager.
I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 08:59 - Feb 2 with 4270 viewsWhymarkmariner

I have no particular axe to grind with NCFC. I must admit in my younger years I was quite hostile towards them. Now I'm older and only confront people who I think need confronting I for one didn't have a problem with the Budgies getting promoted even if we are relegated. However if there are Norwich fans who are intent on giving PL hell on his return to Carrot Road and there are obviously some who hope that we are demoted then I hope they feck it up in their promotion attempt and I believe they will.
I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 09:26 - Feb 2 with 4166 viewsBluespeed225

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 23:26 - Feb 1 by tags

This is the guy who claimed in a recent article he told 6 Town fans to stop swearing on the train between nodge and Ipswich before the Rotherham game.
I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 09:38 - Feb 2 with 4124 viewsEly_Blue

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 08:59 - Feb 2 by Whymarkmariner

I have no particular axe to grind with NCFC. I must admit in my younger years I was quite hostile towards them. Now I'm older and only confront people who I think need confronting I for one didn't have a problem with the Budgies getting promoted even if we are relegated. However if there are Norwich fans who are intent on giving PL hell on his return to Carrot Road and there are obviously some who hope that we are demoted then I hope they feck it up in their promotion attempt and I believe they will.

The ironic thing is that PL will need no more motivation than this article to stick one up his old team next weekend.

Regardless of league position and form we know this can go out of the window in a Derby game, here’s hoping PL can get the players up for this more than MM used to

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 09:55 - Feb 2 with 4064 viewsuefacup81

Downes has form. He seems to be Archant's go-to hack when they need a nice controversial opinion piece with which to garner some precious clicks:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/features/are-soup-kitchens-making-norwich-homeless-issue

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 09:57 - Feb 2 with 4057 viewsjjblue84

He sounds a bitter man, full of hate for both Ipswich and local people...he even gloats how Norwich has an ‘international flavour’, as he clearly prefers imports than to bringing through the local youth!
I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 10:09 - Feb 2 with 4018 viewsCoco

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 09:57 - Feb 2 by jjblue84

He sounds a bitter man, full of hate for both Ipswich and local people...he even gloats how Norwich has an ‘international flavour’, as he clearly prefers imports than to bringing through the local youth!

He’s not even a fan is he? Just the devil on the shoulder of Norwich fans deviously trying to stir up a story.

Makes me laugh when i see Norwich fans claiming it was Culverhouse that was the real genius behind their success. Such standard fan drivel.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 10:18 - Feb 2 with 3983 viewsFreddy

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 09:55 - Feb 2 by uefacup81

Downes has form. He seems to be Archant's go-to hack when they need a nice controversial opinion piece with which to garner some precious clicks:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/features/are-soup-kitchens-making-norwich-homeless-issue

Looks like he's more a columnist than a journo who likes to stir people up, hasn't gone down with them down the road either
I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 14:03 - Feb 2 with 3783 viewsbosesound

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 10:18 - Feb 2 by Freddy

Looks like he's more a columnist than a journo who likes to stir people up, hasn't gone down with them down the road either

I read that article on booing Paul Lambert and to be honest thought it was pathetic. I’m a Norwich fan and with limited resources took a side on its knees in the first division to middle of the premier league in three seasons. People have short memories. He is a good manager and with average players made them feel they where world beaters. I am sure he will do a great job at Ipswich and even if you did go down I’m pretty confident he will get you back up.
I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 16:04 - Feb 2 with 3597 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I was a bit surprised by the EDP with this piece ... on 14:03 - Feb 2 by bosesound

I read that article on booing Paul Lambert and to be honest thought it was pathetic. I’m a Norwich fan and with limited resources took a side on its knees in the first division to middle of the premier league in three seasons. People have short memories. He is a good manager and with average players made them feel they where world beaters. I am sure he will do a great job at Ipswich and even if you did go down I’m pretty confident he will get you back up.

I think you will find you were on your knees struggling in the third division but never mind!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024