Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ledbitter 22:20 - Jan 23 with 2966 viewsWestover

Grant Ledbitter going back to Sunderland and taking a big drop in wages it seems.
Ledbitter on 22:31 - Jan 23 with 2913 viewsipswichheritage

Much aligned to hurst crap signings in the crop of overpriced dross that Keane brought. Utter garbage who we wasted millions on. A la Nolan, Nsiala, Jackson etc etc....
Ledbitter on 22:45 - Jan 23 with 2871 viewsmonty_radio

Ledbitter on 22:31 - Jan 23 by ipswichheritage

Much aligned to hurst crap signings in the crop of overpriced dross that Keane brought. Utter garbage who we wasted millions on. A la Nolan, Nsiala, Jackson etc etc....

True - but on the other side of the coin, Mings and Wickham, whose combined fees dwarf the total of those you mention, were hardly value-for-money acquisitions for those that bought them. Spending money is not its own guarantee.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Ledbitter on 22:54 - Jan 23 with 2837 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Ledbitter on 22:31 - Jan 23 by ipswichheritage

Unbelievable......leadbitter had quality in him, just wasn’t used properly like many of his teammates by a cr8p manager. Showed as he won promotion with his following club, even more so with Delaney and McAuley who went on to play in hte prem for years. Keane knew a player, just couldn’t use them. leadbitter gets it hard and unfair compared to some others.....now Lee Martin clearly he was a waste of space and money....

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Ledbitter on 22:55 - Jan 23 with 2834 viewsipswichheritage

Ledbitter on 22:45 - Jan 23 by monty_radio

True - but on the other side of the coin, Mings and Wickham, whose combined fees dwarf the total of those you mention, were hardly value-for-money acquisitions for those that bought them. Spending money is not its own guarantee.

We’re one of the lowest budgets in the CHAMPIONSHIP. You’re talking about 2 x teams in the premiership and reflected as a percentage of their annual spend is completely different. Since 2015 Bournemouth are the 11th highest spenders on transfer fees in Europe. The money they paid for Mings was grossly less as a percentage of their income to that of ours on the mentioned players we got mugged / robbed during the start of this season.

My comparison was merely about horrific managers in Ke*ne and Hu*rst - two of the most glaring mistakes in this clubs history.
Ledbitter on 22:57 - Jan 23 with 2828 viewsipswichheritage

Ledbitter on 22:54 - Jan 23 by BlueyandCrazy

Unbelievable......leadbitter had quality in him, just wasn’t used properly like many of his teammates by a cr8p manager. Showed as he won promotion with his following club, even more so with Delaney and McAuley who went on to play in hte prem for years. Keane knew a player, just couldn’t use them. leadbitter gets it hard and unfair compared to some others.....now Lee Martin clearly he was a waste of space and money....

I watched Leadbitter for 3 seasons. At least with the likes of finidi George and grant ward they had one good game. Leadbitter... consistantly crap whilst being an expensive commodity
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 22:58]
Ledbitter on 00:17 - Jan 24 with 2693 viewsBlueBadger

Ledbitter on 22:57 - Jan 23 by ipswichheritage

I watched Leadbitter for 3 seasons. At least with the likes of finidi George and grant ward they had one good game. Leadbitter... consistantly crap whilst being an expensive commodity
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 22:58]

For a bloke called 'Ipswich Heritage' you have a curiously revisionist approach to history...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ledbitter on 00:22 - Jan 24 with 2678 viewsBlueBadger

Ledbitter on 22:45 - Jan 23 by monty_radio

Ah now, Derby pretty much guarantee 7th place season in, season-out with the money they spend. EVANS PUT YOUR HAND IN YOUR PCOKET.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Ledbitter on 05:15 - Jan 24 with 2575 viewswkj

A lot of bad feelings towards him, but he has proven he is more than capable of getting a job done. I too think the issue was more down to management than player. Put it like this, I'd love to have him back here right now.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Ledbitter on 07:09 - Jan 24 with 2435 viewsWD19

Ledbitter on 05:15 - Jan 24 by wkj

A lot of bad feelings towards him, but he has proven he is more than capable of getting a job done. I too think the issue was more down to management than player. Put it like this, I'd love to have him back here right now.

HIs biggest failing was his willingness to take corner kicks when he wasn’t very good at it. Outside of that he was a very solid player.....as his career has shown.
Ledbitter on 07:31 - Jan 24 with 2391 viewsStewart27

Do you think he was advised to hit the first man at every corner?
Ledbitter on 07:44 - Jan 24 with 2357 viewsSuperblue95

Is it just me who finds it backwards to defend a player who was crap for us but decent everywhere else? To me it shows Leadbitter didn’t give a f*ck and used us as a pay packet. See also Delaney.

Lee Martin was also crap but at least he tried, he was just the most brainless player we have had in a long time.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Ledbitter on 08:04 - Jan 24 with 2311 viewsSteve_M

Yep. Keane moved him around midfield to accommodate Norris running around a lot and then under Jewell he had to play wide so we could play the commuted trio of Bullard, Andrews and Bowyer in midfield.

Mick would have loved him here when he took over.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ledbitter on 09:07 - Jan 24 with 2193 viewsBlueBadger

Ledbitter on 07:44 - Jan 24 by Superblue95

Is it just me who finds it backwards to defend a player who was crap for us but decent everywhere else? To me it shows Leadbitter didn’t give a f*ck and used us as a pay packet. See also Delaney.

Lee Martin was also crap but at least he tried, he was just the most brainless player we have had in a long time.

As Steve has pointed out above, Leadbitter was frequently shifted around to accommodate other players. when we actually played him centrally, he was pretty handy.

Ledbitter on 09:32 - Jan 24 with 2157 viewsBiGDonnie

Ledbitter on 00:17 - Jan 24 by BlueBadger

For a bloke called 'Ipswich Heritage' you have a curiously revisionist approach to history...

No, he really was consistently crap.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024