Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As debuts go 00:21 - Jan 13 with 8006 viewsGarv

Dawkins wasn't the best was it?

Not to detract from a hugely positive day but I hope he has more in his locker!

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

As debuts go on 00:24 - Jan 13 with 6511 viewsloyalfan

I thought he was truly appalling and a liability. Why on earth didn’t PL put Ellis on?
As debuts go on 00:29 - Jan 13 with 6496 viewsDarth_Koont

Bit irrelevant. He came on when the team as a whole had forgotten how to play football. Sears was probably even worse at the end.

But no biggie. The team understandably has little confidence and was very nervous. So getting over the line in such a crucial 6-pointer could give them a massive boost.

Pronouns: He/Him

As debuts go on 00:50 - Jan 13 with 6435 viewsStewart27

He was sh1te.

The first thing he done was give away a foul fora lazy challenge that would have been committed by somebody who had played 29999990000 minutes of football
As debuts go on 07:04 - Jan 13 with 6205 viewstextbackup

I honestly thought he was terrible. Not played in a while I gather, slow as fck too. I couldn’t honestly believe what I was watching.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

As debuts go on 07:13 - Jan 13 with 6155 viewswkj

As debuts go on 07:04 - Jan 13 by textbackup

I honestly thought he was terrible. Not played in a while I gather, slow as fck too. I couldn’t honestly believe what I was watching.

Him vs Toure?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

As debuts go on 07:14 - Jan 13 with 6165 viewsHarry_Palmer

"Appalling" "Liability" "Sh1te" "Terrible"

Get a grip people. He was on for how long, 15 mins? And this is a guy that hasn't played a competitive match for nearly a year and who came on at a time when we were pushed so far back we were literally defending our six yard box.

I can't say he was brilliant but really, a little bit of perspective wouldn't go a miss.
As debuts go on 07:31 - Jan 13 with 6124 viewstextbackup

As debuts go on 07:14 - Jan 13 by Harry_Palmer

"Appalling" "Liability" "Sh1te" "Terrible"

Get a grip people. He was on for how long, 15 mins? And this is a guy that hasn't played a competitive match for nearly a year and who came on at a time when we were pushed so far back we were literally defending our six yard box.

I can't say he was brilliant but really, a little bit of perspective wouldn't go a miss.

Ok - has the ball at feet on the break, has a chance to take pressure of defence for a few mins, he passes it to their defence to then see them go long and pressure on us again. Call me old fashion but that’s not good enough for me. 20 secs, 15 mins a whole game it doesn’t matter, we needed someone out there with ability to look after the ball and be smarter. IMO

As debuts go on 07:46 - Jan 13 with 6074 viewsGluedtoBlue

The ball to Sears was poor, he had nobody to play to so should have kept the ball to eat a few seconds. He gave a couple of what looked like lazy fouls away but suspect that's more to do with not being up to speed. It's not just the physical sharpness you lose.

He did win a decent challenge and was involves in the one tiny piece of football we played in the 2nd half (Dawkins to chalobah who switched to Sears).

He wasn't great but benefit of the doubt as we were poor when he came on and clearly lacks sharpness. Needs to get up to speed sooner rather than later though.

PL must have seen something.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2019 8:08]

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Login to get fewer ads

As debuts go on 08:04 - Jan 13 with 5994 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Worst debut I've ever seen and that includes Giles Coke
As debuts go on 08:12 - Jan 13 with 5949 viewsHarry_Palmer

As debuts go on 07:31 - Jan 13 by textbackup

Ok - has the ball at feet on the break, has a chance to take pressure of defence for a few mins, he passes it to their defence to then see them go long and pressure on us again. Call me old fashion but that’s not good enough for me. 20 secs, 15 mins a whole game it doesn’t matter, we needed someone out there with ability to look after the ball and be smarter. IMO

And Sears did exactly the same and more in the second half but I don't see him getting called a liability.

I'm not going to say he was brilliant but not an easy situation to come into on your debut. Lets give him a bit of chance before we stick the knife in.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2019 8:57]
As debuts go on 08:15 - Jan 13 with 5931 viewsfabian_illness

Get a grip you lot.
You all seem desperate to find something to moan about.
As debuts go on 08:42 - Jan 13 with 5811 viewstextbackup

As debuts go on 08:12 - Jan 13 by Harry_Palmer

And Sears did exactly the same and more in the second half but I don't see him getting called a liability.

I'm not going to say he was brilliant but not an easy situation to come into on your debut. Lets give him a bit of chance before we stick the knife in.

Absolutely agree. But I’m not going to praise him when he was really poor.

On Sears, I thought he was equally as bad, if not worse

As debuts go on 08:44 - Jan 13 with 5801 viewstextbackup

As debuts go on 08:15 - Jan 13 by fabian_illness

Get a grip you lot.
You all seem desperate to find something to moan about.

There was plenty wrong with yesterday, don’t be so naive to think PL will think yesterday was a 10/10 performance

As debuts go on 08:52 - Jan 13 with 5777 viewsKeaneish

I thought it was the wrong substitution in fairness. The game needed so.eone to grab the ball in the middle of the park so it was getting out for Huws or at least bishop to get it done and bring some calm to the situation. That said, Dawkins was terrible. Reminded me of an under 11's lad eager to impress his dad but not really knowing what to do.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

As debuts go on 09:10 - Jan 13 with 5690 viewsfabian_illness

As debuts go on 08:44 - Jan 13 by textbackup

There was plenty wrong with yesterday, don’t be so naive to think PL will think yesterday was a 10/10 performance

Not being naive at all. I know it wasn't a world class performance.
All I'm trying to say is to pick one player out who made a 15 minute debut and pick him apart is just a bit childish.
As debuts go on 09:11 - Jan 13 with 5676 viewsBluebell

As debuts go on 08:52 - Jan 13 by Keaneish

I thought it was the wrong substitution in fairness. The game needed so.eone to grab the ball in the middle of the park so it was getting out for Huws or at least bishop to get it done and bring some calm to the situation. That said, Dawkins was terrible. Reminded me of an under 11's lad eager to impress his dad but not really knowing what to do.

I was expecting Bishop to come on especially as he played so well at Accrington.

I can understand PL wanting to give Dawkins a run out but that was not the time especially as Rotherham were dominating the play.
As debuts go on 09:16 - Jan 13 with 5645 viewstextbackup

As debuts go on 09:10 - Jan 13 by fabian_illness

All I'm trying to say is to pick one player out who made a 15 minute debut and pick him apart is just a bit childish.

Lol

As debuts go on 09:27 - Jan 13 with 5579 viewsRadlett_blue

As debuts go on 00:29 - Jan 13 by Darth_Koont

Bit irrelevant. He came on when the team as a whole had forgotten how to play football. Sears was probably even worse at the end.

But no biggie. The team understandably has little confidence and was very nervous. So getting over the line in such a crucial 6-pointer could give them a massive boost.

Really? We held on for a scrambling 1-0 win over the equally poor Wigan, but then quickly reverted to type with 4 defeats against QPR, Boro, Millwall & Accrington. Granted, 3pts yesterday was a must, but the new players are going to need to bed in quickly & Lambert is going to have to find a way of playing that offers more of a threat without compromising ball retention. 2 away games coming up - get nothing from them & we're right back at square one.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

As debuts go on 09:28 - Jan 13 with 5566 viewsMullet

As debuts go on 09:27 - Jan 13 by Radlett_blue

Really? We held on for a scrambling 1-0 win over the equally poor Wigan, but then quickly reverted to type with 4 defeats against QPR, Boro, Millwall & Accrington. Granted, 3pts yesterday was a must, but the new players are going to need to bed in quickly & Lambert is going to have to find a way of playing that offers more of a threat without compromising ball retention. 2 away games coming up - get nothing from them & we're right back at square one.

But we didn't have the 4 new boys, Skuse and potentially some others in the door.

Give them another week together and we might slowly see the utter sh1t Hurst left here rolled in glitter.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hopefully PL will give him some time in the U23s on 09:30 - Jan 13 with 5562 viewsDyland

As debuts go on 09:11 - Jan 13 by Bluebell

I was expecting Bishop to come on especially as he played so well at Accrington.

I can understand PL wanting to give Dawkins a run out but that was not the time especially as Rotherham were dominating the play.

Likewise thought Bishop, or even Huws, would have come on.

All very well giving players a chance but we hardly have that luxury. See also Pennington replacing Spence.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Come off it on 09:31 - Jan 13 with 5554 viewsDyland

As debuts go on 09:10 - Jan 13 by fabian_illness

It's an internet message board. Talking about, er, football. Positives and negatives, opinions and shmopinions.

Besides, he WAS crap :)

Indeed on 09:35 - Jan 13 with 5520 viewsDyland

As debuts go on 08:12 - Jan 13 by Harry_Palmer

No one is really sticking the knife in though.

I mean, personally, I can laugh at crap stuff when we've won. Actually, even if we lose.

And yes, Sears was generally poor in the second half, and has been called out along with Dawkins. I don't see anyone saying Sears should be tarred and feathered, which would be ridiculous.

Toure's corner on 09:36 - Jan 13 with 5501 viewsDyland

As debuts go on 07:13 - Jan 13 by wkj

Him vs Toure?

gmpf

Yep on 09:44 - Jan 13 with 5443 viewsDyland

As debuts go on 09:27 - Jan 13 by Radlett_blue

We really need to go on a run right now. Before the Norwich game. Hard to see us winning three or four in a row though, based on the season and the performances against Wigan and Rotherham, but that's where we are and what we need to get out of the drop zone, considering the other poor sides will also pick up points a la Reading yesterday.

Even when all the smart money is on relegation, it's not over yet and it's all still to play for.

COYFB

As debuts go on 10:16 - Jan 13 with 5312 viewsfabian_illness

As debuts go on 09:16 - Jan 13 by textbackup

Lol

I rest my case.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024