Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetical situation to ponder. 17:26 - Jan 7 with 1808 viewsBaltachaFanClub

If tomorrow Lambert called a press conference and said the following what would you think :-

“We are very much up against it, so, with that in mind rather than throw money at trying to survive we are going a different route. We are cancelling all loans, sending back those who won’t be here next year, and bringing home our own youngsters, and we will play the rest of the season as competitively as we can with our own assets, yes, we will have some bad results, but we will have some good ones and more importantly our own players will gain experience. The senior pros here have been told they can stay and play, or if it’s not for them they can instruct their agents to find them clubs, however no one leaves for less than their valuation we place on them, or they can break contract and buy themselves out of it. This is a new start, clean slate and any money raised will be next years transfer kitty, as well as a hefty sum from the owner”

I know it’s not something that would happen, but would you support such a radical approach.

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

Hypothetical situation to ponder. on 17:32 - Jan 7 with 1760 viewswkj

This is a what if I can't push myself to comprehend.

Under no circumstances should a club ever concede defeat until the moment the clock strikes 12; and neither should we. If we some how get the points together and go on a run, yet still miss out on safety by goal difference or by 1 point; then I know my footy team fought tooth and nail to try and achieve an objective.

Giving up now would be a travesty of the highest order, and the club would lose even more of the dwindling numbers of die hard fans they have left, because if the club says "We're don for the season", why should should anyone bother showing up at all.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Hypothetical situation to ponder. on 18:05 - Jan 7 with 1666 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Hypothetical situation to ponder. on 17:32 - Jan 7 by wkj

Under no circumstances should a club ever concede defeat until the moment the clock strikes 12; and neither should we. If we some how get the points together and go on a run, yet still miss out on safety by goal difference or by 1 point; then I know my footy team fought tooth and nail to try and achieve an objective.

Giving up now would be a travesty of the highest order, and the club would lose even more of the dwindling numbers of die hard fans they have left, because if the club says "We're don for the season", why should should anyone bother showing up at all.

That’s kind of what I think too, but I have had so many people offering their opinions to me today on the club, so I started thinking about all plausible answers to give them (I work with several of them up the road and also some non football people who like to weigh in too)

Anyway, back to my point, rather than saying we concede and look to next year, just saying we are going to play the hand we have been dealt

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

Hypothetical situation to ponder. on 18:06 - Jan 7 with 1650 viewsjas0999

Completely agree.
Hypothetical situation to ponder. on 18:16 - Jan 7 with 1614 viewsSomethingBlue

Nope, because getting tanked every week is as likely to break our youngsters as it is to make them.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Hypothetical situation to ponder. on 18:24 - Jan 7 with 1572 viewsDubtractor

Hypothetical situation to ponder. on 18:16 - Jan 7 by SomethingBlue

Nope, because getting tanked every week is as likely to break our youngsters as it is to make them.

Can't argue with that, and it would probably be the case.

I'm torn though as I don't see the slightest hope we will stay up, not a chance at all, so don't want to see us waste money on loanees for a futile attempt at defying the odds, but equally to go down the way we are heading at the moment could be very damaging for both the club and players.

My ideal scenario would be to try and get in players who will improve us on a permanent, but no player who fancies himself as championship standard would consider joining us permanently at the moment will they.

Balls.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Hypothetical situation to ponder. on 19:08 - Jan 7 with 1464 viewsbournemouthblue

Much as I admire the sentiment

I would never admit my plan to the public quite so obviously, even if that was the plan

It certainly sounds defeatest even if deep down you know we are fecked

I can't see the point of persisting with Pennington now although I accept we probably need to keep in Everton's good books

Spence whilst he comes across as a decent bloke makes too many mistakes. I can't see why we wouldn't bring back Emmanuel and have a look at him. The same is true of Wolfenden.

Donacien if he is considered a centre back should be backup to Nsiala.

Knudsen looks set to move on, hopefully reducing some decent wages and bringing in a useful transfer fee

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Hypothetical situation to ponder. on 19:14 - Jan 7 with 1441 viewsLeagueOne

We're relegated in paper terms but agree, we shouldn't be advertising that just yet. We could in theory win our next 5 games on the trot, it can happen, its football.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Hypothetical situation to ponder. on 19:16 - Jan 7 with 1429 viewsPecker

I would say sack him now. Until it is confirmed, we should battle for every point. Worry about next season after we are definitely down.
Login to get fewer ads

Hypothetical situation to ponder. on 19:19 - Jan 7 with 1405 viewsBluefish

Yes i definitely would but the sky generation and the numbskulls would have an absolute melt down
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 19:20]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Hypothetical situation to ponder. on 19:25 - Jan 7 with 1379 viewstractorboy1978

Hypothetical situation to ponder. on 18:24 - Jan 7 by Dubtractor

Can't argue with that, and it would probably be the case.

I'm torn though as I don't see the slightest hope we will stay up, not a chance at all, so don't want to see us waste money on loanees for a futile attempt at defying the odds, but equally to go down the way we are heading at the moment could be very damaging for both the club and players.

My ideal scenario would be to try and get in players who will improve us on a permanent, but no player who fancies himself as championship standard would consider joining us permanently at the moment will they.

Balls.

I don't think Elder, Keane, Quaner or Pilkington are unrealistic even if we went down. Challenging certainly but clearly there aren't other Championship clubs queuing for their signatures at the moment.

I'm in total agreement with SomethingBlue also, getting hammered every week isn't useful for anyone, particularly the youngsters. If we do go down (and it looks likely) we want to do it fighting and picking up points.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024