Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nobody will want to sign for us???? 10:17 - Jan 2 with 1477 viewsNazemariner

I'm not buying that.

If you come here and do really well (Martyn Waghorn) then you can set yourself up for life with a 25k a week contract elsewhere the following season.

I know that sounds a touch cynical, but it how the majority of footballers will think.
Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:31 - Jan 2 with 1415 viewsPrideOfTheEast

We're talking loan signings though aren't we and a calibre of player that will have several championship clubs after them (most of them in or around the top 6). Why would you choose Ipswich?
Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:34 - Jan 2 with 1400 viewsNazemariner

Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:31 - Jan 2 by PrideOfTheEast

We're talking loan signings though aren't we and a calibre of player that will have several championship clubs after them (most of them in or around the top 6). Why would you choose Ipswich?

In truth we don't know who we're talking about do we.

It's unlikely, but we could see a £2/3 million pound signing couldn't we. It's not like ME doesn't have the money.
Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:34 - Jan 2 with 1395 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:34 - Jan 2 by Nazemariner

It's unlikely, but we could see a £2/3 million pound signing couldn't we. It's not like ME doesn't have the money.

I do and I can assure you it's loan signings. We won't see a £2/3m signing.
Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:37 - Jan 2 with 1375 viewsNazemariner

Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:34 - Jan 2 by PrideOfTheEast

I do and I can assure you it's loan signings. We won't see a £2/3m signing.

While i'm engaging with somebody within the clubs "inner circle" how about you throw out some potential targets?
Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:38 - Jan 2 with 1372 viewsTIB

Naze you're swaying me with your optimism...like you said in another thread, yesterday could have been a whole different result with a bit of quality up top...I just find it hard to think some quality loanees (or signings) would want to come to us...can only think it would have to be players PL has worked with before.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:39 - Jan 2 with 1358 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:34 - Jan 2 by Nazemariner

Pretty obvious it’ll be short term loan signings so not to lumber us if we go down

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:42 - Jan 2 with 1342 viewsNazemariner

Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:38 - Jan 2 by TIB

Naze you're swaying me with your optimism...like you said in another thread, yesterday could have been a whole different result with a bit of quality up top...I just find it hard to think some quality loanees (or signings) would want to come to us...can only think it would have to be players PL has worked with before.

The young EPL loanees will go wherever their parent clubs send them. I can't imagine they have a whole lot of say in the mater, as it's seen as part of their education. Chelsea are probably delighted that we are bottom of the league, due to the experiences that its giving Chalobah.

The more established players could be different. We may need to rely on Lamberts connections to get them here.
Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:47 - Jan 2 with 1300 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:37 - Jan 2 by Nazemariner

While i'm engaging with somebody within the clubs "inner circle" how about you throw out some potential targets?

If you were a little more polite I might just do that.

Phil and others on here can vouch that I know more than most.
Login to get fewer ads

Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:47 - Jan 2 with 1294 viewsNazemariner

Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:39 - Jan 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Pretty obvious it’ll be short term loan signings so not to lumber us if we go down

You're most likely right, but would signing a good player really be lumbering us?
Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:47 - Jan 2 with 1287 viewsFrimleyBlue

The alternative to that though is being shown up in this current team and not setting yourself up for life

Carter Vickers for example. We know great player. But imagine having to work with Spence and No mans land Pennington....

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:52 - Jan 2 with 1262 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:47 - Jan 2 by Nazemariner

You're most likely right, but would signing a good player really be lumbering us?

It depends on whether the good player is actually good or not

We spent that kind of money on good players in the Summer, theoretically

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 11:04 - Jan 2 with 1203 viewsHerbivore

Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:47 - Jan 2 by FrimleyBlue

The alternative to that though is being shown up in this current team and not setting yourself up for life

Carter Vickers for example. We know great player. But imagine having to work with Spence and No mans land Pennington....

He played with Spence last season and would be replacing Pennington. I'm sure he'd rather play every week here than sit on Swansea's bench.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 11:12 - Jan 2 with 1150 viewsNazemariner

Nobody will want to sign for us???? on 10:47 - Jan 2 by PrideOfTheEast

If you were a little more polite I might just do that.

Phil and others on here can vouch that I know more than most.

My apologies for being impolite. It's just i get so used to people telling me that their opinion is correct, and mine in misguided.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024