Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awaits the arrival of 'Down Arrows'.... 09:57 - Jan 2 with 581 viewsIP12

At this moment I'm not sure if I want to see the arrival of a number of loan players or whether I'd rather see a good 'Sports Psychologist' and a couple of 'senior professionals' turn up. Football is a game of confidence and that is hugely lacking in the team performances (we get to half-time having played well but know the second half is going to be a disaster). The senior professionals could help with the dressing-room morale. Football is a game of cycles. Some of the readers of this may remember the 63/64 season (that's the one with Boxing Day 10-1 at Fulham and the 9-1 at Stoke) never mind the 9-0 at Man U that came later. It will get better but 'Don't know where, Don't know when' (cue for a Dame Vera Lynn song...Who I hear many cry). I have faith in PL and the senior players on the staff. We may well be doomed this season but we can and will rise again.....Old Person's Rant Over.
Awaits the arrival of 'Down Arrows'.... on 10:00 - Jan 2 with 548 viewsRyorry

Fair point!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Awaits the arrival of 'Down Arrows'.... on 10:01 - Jan 2 with 543 viewsSteve_M

Above all else, it's quality and experience we lack at either end of the pitch though. Yes confidence and belief is fragile but only winning matches will change that.

Lambert is doing well on the motivation front to get a team playing like it did in the first half on the back of two straight defeats.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024