Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Knusden long throw 14:31 - Dec 28 with 5923 viewsmarkand1986

I know the guy has been getting some stick which is fair enough, him and Spence not been at it this season but his long throws are one positive. We seem to be a threat with these and teams panic when he launches these into their box. Once we have Madine and Gestede up top I would expect at least one goal a game from these throws. Would be sad to see him go as think the throws could keep us up.
Knusden long throw on 14:34 - Dec 28 with 4173 viewsNoBru

I don't think it's thrown into the right area for it to cause problems, we certainly don't set up right for it.
Knusden long throw on 14:35 - Dec 28 with 4170 viewsDarth_Koont

They worked well at QPR and seemed to rattle their defence. Problem is that we don't seem to have many players who can properly attack the ball in the box. Ditto all our freekicks and corners being largely wasted even when the delivery is good.

Pronouns: He/Him

Knusden long throw on 14:44 - Dec 28 with 4122 viewsmarkand1986

Knusden long throw on 14:35 - Dec 28 by Darth_Koont

They worked well at QPR and seemed to rattle their defence. Problem is that we don't seem to have many players who can properly attack the ball in the box. Ditto all our freekicks and corners being largely wasted even when the delivery is good.

I think you are right. Thats why I would have Nsiala at the back, Chambo right back and play for long throws. Wont be pretty but play for throws and get the big boys up. That is why I would play 442, Harrison and Roberts up top, go long and think they would both end up with 10-15 goals each.
Knusden long throw on 14:46 - Dec 28 with 4100 viewsIllinoisblue

Knusden long throw on 14:44 - Dec 28 by markand1986

I think you are right. Thats why I would have Nsiala at the back, Chambo right back and play for long throws. Wont be pretty but play for throws and get the big boys up. That is why I would play 442, Harrison and Roberts up top, go long and think they would both end up with 10-15 goals each.

lollers.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Knusden long throw on 14:49 - Dec 28 with 4093 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Knusden long throw on 14:49 - Dec 28 with 4090 viewsNoBru

Isn't that what we didn't like from the previous 3/4 seasons?

Aimless hoofing to big lumps.

No thank you.
Knusden long throw on 14:51 - Dec 28 with 4079 viewsDarth_Koont

Woah!

Play for throws? 10-15 goals each? That's not going to happen.

Nsiala might come back in but he was definitely part of the problem over Hurst's last games. His confidence looked shot and he was nowhere near the player he suggested he could be during the first few games. I think we need a reliable, probably old, warrior at the back.

Knusden long throw on 14:53 - Dec 28 with 4071 viewschfsittingbell

I agree to some extent. Especially if we can get Adeyemi fit. He'd be another threat in the air.

Also didn't Pennington play up front for Everton for a bit. He'd be a decent target man.
Login to get fewer ads

Knusden long throw on 14:54 - Dec 28 with 4062 viewsIllinoisblue

Knusden long throw on 14:53 - Dec 28 by chfsittingbell

I agree to some extent. Especially if we can get Adeyemi fit. He'd be another threat in the air.

Also didn't Pennington play up front for Everton for a bit. He'd be a decent target man.

the comedy continues! keep it going lads!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Knusden long throw on 14:57 - Dec 28 with 4046 viewsGarv

At least one goal a game from them?

You are talking about the throws from which we've conceded more goals than we've scored since we started used them?

They need to go, as does our left back.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Knusden long throw on 14:58 - Dec 28 with 4036 viewsGarv

Have to say I agree. Nsiala is our biggest aerial threat and he's not playing.

Knusden long throw on 14:58 - Dec 28 with 4035 viewsmarkand1986

Knusden long throw on 14:53 - Dec 28 by chfsittingbell

Not the worst idea. I would expect this to be our team come Rotherham

Bart

Chambo Nsiala Penno Kenlock

Sears Bridcutt Huws/J Williams Marshall

Madine Gestede/Crouch
Knusden long throw on 15:02 - Dec 28 with 4020 viewsBlueBadger

Knusden long throw on 14:58 - Dec 28 by Garv

Have to say I agree. Nsiala is our biggest aerial threat and he's not playing.

Trouble is, he's also rubbish.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Knusden long throw on 15:07 - Dec 28 with 4005 viewsmarkand1986

Knusden long throw on 15:02 - Dec 28 by BlueBadger

Maybe if Pens did play upfront for Everton which has been suggested, we could play him there short term and I say this, I know it wont go down well, play Chambers right back and Spence centre half. Spence did alright there last season and we can get Chambers bombing down the wing.
Knusden long throw on 15:07 - Dec 28 with 3999 viewsBlueBadger

Knusden long throw on 14:49 - Dec 28 by NoBru

Isn't that what we didn't like from the previous 3/4 seasons?

Aimless hoofing to big lumps.

No thank you.

What's funniest is that at least one of TWTD's resident purists appear to advocating for this.

Knusden long throw on 15:11 - Dec 28 with 3989 viewsBlueBadger

Knusden long throw on 15:07 - Dec 28 by markand1986

Maybe if Pens did play upfront for Everton which has been suggested, we could play him there short term and I say this, I know it wont go down well, play Chambers right back and Spence centre half. Spence did alright there last season and we can get Chambers bombing down the wing.

I love a bit of panto at Christmas.

Knusden long throw on 15:11 - Dec 28 with 3989 viewsNoBru

Knusden long throw on 15:07 - Dec 28 by BlueBadger

What's funniest is that at least one of TWTD's resident purists appear to advocating for this.

This whole thread is making me cringe... Pennington up front and disappointed that Nsiala is on the bench, I feel like I've fallen into a parallel universe.
Knusden long throw on 15:15 - Dec 28 with 3972 viewsGarv

Knusden long throw on 15:02 - Dec 28 by BlueBadger

He's no Andy Drury, but he's all right.

Knusden long throw on 15:18 - Dec 28 with 3965 viewsmarkand1986

Knusden long throw on 15:15 - Dec 28 by Garv

He's no Andy Drury, but he's all right.

Drury could take a free kick and good in the air. I would have him back in a heartbeat.
Knusden long throw on 15:22 - Dec 28 with 3950 viewsNoBru

Knusden long throw on 15:18 - Dec 28 by markand1986

Drury could take a free kick and good in the air. I would have him back in a heartbeat.

You're mental.
Knusden long throw on 15:31 - Dec 28 with 3933 viewsmarkand1986

Knusden long throw on 15:22 - Dec 28 by NoBru

You're mental.

genuine question, who was better, Andy Drury or Ryan Stevenson?
Knusden long throw on 15:33 - Dec 28 with 3925 viewsNoBru

Knusden long throw on 15:31 - Dec 28 by markand1986

genuine question, who was better, Andy Drury or Ryan Stevenson?

Tough question but AD....
Knusden long throw on 16:07 - Dec 28 with 3864 viewsHerbivore

I see we've acquired our own version of the Chuckle Brothers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Knusden long throw on 16:12 - Dec 28 with 3846 viewsDarth_Koont

Knusden long throw on 16:07 - Dec 28 by Herbivore

I see we've acquired our own version of the Chuckle Brothers.

The Cringe Twins

Knusden long throw on 16:36 - Dec 28 with 3804 viewstextbackup

his long throws since hes been here have resulted in 1 goal, and that was for Denmark.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024