Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thoughts 21:49 - Dec 8 with 8585 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Once again the lack of quality turned out to be the main problem that hits us so severely. Can't accuse players of lack of effort but we're harmless like babies in all honesty.

People are going to draw loads of positives from the game. Probably rightly so as this team is giving all they can. Nice to see the approach like that instead of sitting back and letting an opposition have a go at us. However the one thing that is really telling is that the teams DON'T TREAT US seriously.

Teams know we lack quality. Take Stoke for example today. Ryan Shawcross and Ashley Williams the two central backs with the sweeping Premier League experience. They knew they were gonna face one of the League Two forwards from last season in Roberts or Jackson. Did they need to feel 'intimidated' ? No they didn't. They would comfortably deal with our attempts. Lankester hitting the ball straight at Butland from the tight angle in the first half was the solitary moment where we could have actually scored. Apart from that no real threat from us despite spells in which we dominated in terms of possession.

The tough gruelling festive period is coming up so Stoke players treated the game like a kind of training session. Let Ipswich have the ball, they aren't gonna hurt us at all. And that has unfortunately been the case. Both goals were a rare moment of quality in this game however sufficient enough to win the game.

Some of the Stoke players probably didn't even need the showers after the game.

Once again that was a cruel remainder of how tinpot and embarrassing we are as a club. If you don't replace Waghorn and McGoldrick with an adequate quality you get brutally punished. But according to some '6m a year' fcukwits we should be grateful to Marcus for putting 6m a year and paying the bills.

Lankester was our brightest point today, Downes seemed confident too. No place in the starting line-up yet again for the 'footballing prodigy' in Dozzell. People need to stop bigging him up.

This weekend 18 years ago we had a glorious match at Anfield. Marcus Stewart ridiculing Liverpool's defence and scoring in front of the Kop. What a different world today, the world of despair for us. Not only can we forget about Premier League forever we just face the relegation to the third tier where we will be for years. Unless Lambert has some real footballing geniuses on his list there is no way for us to get out of this mess. Evans has been destroying the club for years, Hurst has significantly accelerated our decline. Yet ... if I am not happy I will be told by some happy clapping spineless bellends to buy the club. Bad or dodgy owners who have been destroying the clubs, the likes of Karl Oyston, Randy Lerner, Mike Ashley, Roland Duchatelet, Doug Ellis etc etc......all of them would still be defended by '6m a year' brigade if they owned Ipswich. Plenty of frustration/anger/despair but we are punished in the appropriate way for the Evans' policy.

We have 'reached' a new level of bleakness where every point will be deemed as a bonus. At least until January.

Our support today and roaring 'Ipswich till I die' this was really nice and showed what this club means to us.

Not mentioning clubs with parachute payments but take a few others for example. Forest, Derby, Norwich, Sheffield Utd, Leeds..... what can they do that we can't? Why has it got be us owned by Evans instead of one of them and keep sliding down?
Match thoughts on 02:22 - Dec 9 with 6661 viewshorsehollerer

I didn't think Lankester hit his shot straight at Butland. Thought it hit the post first, then hit Butland, then went out for a corner. And it wasn't the solitary moment when we could have scored in the first half - Chambo really should have buried the header that he glanced wide from the resulting corner.

You make several good points but you ruin it with your usual Mr Angry ranting. You need to stop abusing your fellow Town fans. One minute you are moaning about "happy clapping bellends" and the next you are praising our "roaring support" for singing right to the end of a defeat? So which is it?

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Match thoughts on 05:14 - Dec 9 with 6605 viewsBenters2

Have a uppie I would like have gave you more for the use of the word fkwits and the term ‘happy clapping spineless bellends’ 😂😇
Match thoughts on 05:53 - Dec 9 with 6580 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

What can Forest, Them, Sheff Utd and Leeds do that we can’t? Get relegated into the third tier with any luck. Oyston really wouldn’t be defended.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Match thoughts on 08:07 - Dec 9 with 6465 viewsBrixtonBlue

Disgraceful way to speak about fellow supporters who just happen to have a different opinion to you. You ought to be ashamed.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Match thoughts on 08:37 - Dec 9 with 6391 viewsBenters2

Match thoughts on 08:07 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

Disgraceful way to speak about fellow supporters who just happen to have a different opinion to you. You ought to be ashamed.

A bit like you and the other plebs who constantly call me and a few others numbkulls for daring to have a different view on things.
Match thoughts on 08:51 - Dec 9 with 6339 viewsartsbossbeard

Get bid your ownership bid in, mach.

We're all rooting for you.

EDIT: I never read mach's reports in full. I simply scan through it to confirm that there's a reference to happy clappers and a dig at ME before closing.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2018 8:54]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Match thoughts on 08:58 - Dec 9 with 6304 viewsSomethingBlue

Match thoughts on 05:14 - Dec 9 by Benters2

Have a uppie I would like have gave you more for the use of the word fkwits and the term ‘happy clapping spineless bellends’ 😂😇

So what do you do that makes you so impressive?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Match thoughts on 09:02 - Dec 9 with 6285 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Match thoughts on 02:22 - Dec 9 by horsehollerer

I didn't think Lankester hit his shot straight at Butland. Thought it hit the post first, then hit Butland, then went out for a corner. And it wasn't the solitary moment when we could have scored in the first half - Chambo really should have buried the header that he glanced wide from the resulting corner.

You make several good points but you ruin it with your usual Mr Angry ranting. You need to stop abusing your fellow Town fans. One minute you are moaning about "happy clapping bellends" and the next you are praising our "roaring support" for singing right to the end of a defeat? So which is it?

1) Does it matter in which order it hit Butland and the post?
2) Why should Chambo of buried it? It was coming at pace from a Pennington flick, I don't think Chambo even made contact. It was a difficult chance for a striker never mind a centre back.
3) I've spotted no 'Mr Angry' ranting.
4) Why aren't you Angry about whats happening to our club?
5) There are a number on this board who still think Evans is our saviour in-spite of his corner cutting.
6) Whats wrong with praising the away support? Not all of them are the same happy clappers.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Match thoughts on 09:10 - Dec 9 with 6222 viewsDarth_Koont

Match thoughts on 08:51 - Dec 9 by artsbossbeard

EDIT: I never read mach's reports in full. I simply scan through it to confirm that there's a reference to happy clappers and a dig at ME before closing.

Mach has the pointiest fingers on TWTD ... and they were just as pointy when we were a safe, upper midtable side too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Match thoughts on 09:13 - Dec 9 with 6203 viewsBenters2

Match thoughts on 09:02 - Dec 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

1) Does it matter in which order it hit Butland and the post?
2) Why should Chambo of buried it? It was coming at pace from a Pennington flick, I don't think Chambo even made contact. It was a difficult chance for a striker never mind a centre back.
3) I've spotted no 'Mr Angry' ranting.
4) Why aren't you Angry about whats happening to our club?
5) There are a number on this board who still think Evans is our saviour in-spite of his corner cutting.
6) Whats wrong with praising the away support? Not all of them are the same happy clappers.

Having met Mach on numerous occasions at many a away game i can confirm he is a good egg,trouble is ive never met him when we have won!

He just gets very worked up about it all.
Match thoughts on 09:16 - Dec 9 with 6180 viewsWithnail

Cool story.
Match thoughts on 09:18 - Dec 9 with 6161 viewsartsbossbeard

Match thoughts on 09:16 - Dec 9 by Withnail

Cool story.

Cracking input.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Match thoughts on 09:20 - Dec 9 with 6152 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Match thoughts on 09:16 - Dec 9 by Withnail

Cool story.

We can’t all write cool Paris stories like you.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Match thoughts on 09:38 - Dec 9 with 6106 viewsLankHenners

With Skuse injured for a while he can't do his usual rant about how everything bad that happened was his fault so that's one less thing to look out for.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Match thoughts on 09:58 - Dec 9 with 6040 viewsGuthrum

I still say that at least some of the anger ought to be directed at the football authorities who allowed rampant inflation to reign in the League over the last decade or so. One wonders how much their own salaries, bonuses, etc. have increased over that time as well.

To the point that putting in £5m a year is nowhere near enough to make the side competitive. Where clubs at the lower end of the food chain (but not those dropping out of the Prem) are forced to sell their best players to stand a hope of breaking even.

The Cobbolds would not have stood a chance of being able to run Ipswich Town in the modern era, certainly not in the top tiers of the English game. Evans only barely can.

All those clubs you mention have gone through their own periods of shambolic disintegration (remember that recent Leeds owner who kept being prosecuted?) and relegation before arriving where they are at this moment of (at least temporary) success. We, on the other hand, have "enjoyed" relative stability, but on a gentle downward slope with no brakes.

Good to see you again. Severely tempted to do Accrington.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Match thoughts on 09:58 - Dec 9 with 6027 viewsFixed_It

Match thoughts on 09:38 - Dec 9 by LankHenners

With Skuse injured for a while he can't do his usual rant about how everything bad that happened was his fault so that's one less thing to look out for.

You find us tinpot and embarrassing as a Club?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Match thoughts on 09:59 - Dec 9 with 6026 viewsGuthrum

Also, agree with your point about good effort but a gap in quality. Their best players were just that much sharper and more effective than ours.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Match thoughts on 10:01 - Dec 9 with 6007 viewsFixed_It

Match thoughts on 09:38 - Dec 9 by LankHenners

Apologies - thought I was commenting on Mach's report. Damn this hangover!
[Post edited 9 Dec 2018 10:03]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Match thoughts on 10:07 - Dec 9 with 5977 viewsBluedandy

Match thoughts on 02:22 - Dec 9 by horsehollerer

I salute the passion of the OP and he's right to say people still defend no matter what the egregious failings of Marcus Evans ... a walking catastrophe of an owner who is taking us back to the third division and who knows where from there ...
Match thoughts on 10:32 - Dec 9 with 5893 viewsBrixtonBlue

Match thoughts on 08:37 - Dec 9 by Benters2

A bit like you and the other plebs who constantly call me and a few others numbkulls for daring to have a different view on things.

Feel free to link to where I've called you, or anyone else for that matter, a numbskull.

I know you won't (because it doesn't exist) and I know you won't come back and apologise for the lie, because this is what you do. Make baseless comments and run away.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Match thoughts on 10:33 - Dec 9 with 5878 viewsBrixtonBlue

Match thoughts on 08:58 - Dec 9 by SomethingBlue

So what do you do that makes you so impressive?

He's good with water butts.

Match thoughts on 10:34 - Dec 9 with 5883 viewsDyland

The buck stops with Evans, agreed.

Comparing him with Oyston e.g. doesn't do your argument many favours though. Seems you want to have a go at Town fans as much as Evans, also makes it hard sometimes to talk the serious points. The bitter happy clapper insult is odd. I've never come across fans who are died in the wool happy with the 6M or whatever it is and Evans is doing all that can be expected. They must exist but really? Is there literally a couple of people who sit near you who go about it, plus the literally one poster on here?

The Canaries were spawning along on parachute payments, remember. Probably churlish to say they simply lucked out this season, but yes it's pretty galling whichever way you look at it.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Match thoughts on 10:37 - Dec 9 with 5862 viewsBrixtonBlue

Match thoughts on 09:58 - Dec 9 by Guthrum

I still say that at least some of the anger ought to be directed at the football authorities who allowed rampant inflation to reign in the League over the last decade or so. One wonders how much their own salaries, bonuses, etc. have increased over that time as well.

To the point that putting in £5m a year is nowhere near enough to make the side competitive. Where clubs at the lower end of the food chain (but not those dropping out of the Prem) are forced to sell their best players to stand a hope of breaking even.

The Cobbolds would not have stood a chance of being able to run Ipswich Town in the modern era, certainly not in the top tiers of the English game. Evans only barely can.

All those clubs you mention have gone through their own periods of shambolic disintegration (remember that recent Leeds owner who kept being prosecuted?) and relegation before arriving where they are at this moment of (at least temporary) success. We, on the other hand, have "enjoyed" relative stability, but on a gentle downward slope with no brakes.

Good to see you again. Severely tempted to do Accrington.

Excellent post. Something the Evans Outers don't seem to understand in their childlike ranting for more sweets.

Match thoughts on 11:25 - Dec 9 with 5778 viewsBenters2

Match thoughts on 10:07 - Dec 9 by Bluedandy

I salute the passion of the OP and he's right to say people still defend no matter what the egregious failings of Marcus Evans ... a walking catastrophe of an owner who is taking us back to the third division and who knows where from there ...

Yeah but buy the club etc.
Match thoughts on 11:30 - Dec 9 with 5771 viewsBenters2

Match thoughts on 10:32 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

Feel free to link to where I've called you, or anyone else for that matter, a numbskull.

I know you won't (because it doesn't exist) and I know you won't come back and apologise for the lie, because this is what you do. Make baseless comments and run away.

I gave you the chance in the lower NS,you only get one chance with me.

I certainly wouldnt run away from you.

I bid you good day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024