Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donacien 18:30 - Dec 8 with 7244 viewsCurrie10

Sticking to guns here, he won't play another minute for us again.

Convinced we're trying to get this deal to collapse.
Donacien on 18:35 - Dec 8 with 6864 viewswkj

I am of the same mind on this

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Donacien on 18:44 - Dec 8 with 6808 viewsJ2BLUE

I would imagine there is some sort of deadline on his clearance to come through? I wonder if it is the start of the window? Purely speculation on my part and it would be harsh on him but an extra £750k in Lambert's hands might be the difference this season...
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 18:56]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Donacien on 18:49 - Dec 8 with 6760 viewswkj

Donacien on 18:44 - Dec 8 by J2BLUE

I would imagine there is some sort of deadline on his clearance to come through? I wonder if it is the start of the window? Purely speculation on my part and it would be harsh on him but an extra £750k in Lambert's hands might be the difference this season...

The sad thing is, he is one of the better players of a bad bunch in my opinion, but not good enough - I would hate to be a club that arsed another club over that needs money, but to be fair we can't be nice guys for the sake of it right now

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Donacien on 18:56 - Dec 8 with 6719 viewsCurrie10

Donacien on 18:44 - Dec 8 by J2BLUE

Surely something akin to this you'd hope - madness!
Donacien on 20:38 - Dec 8 with 6500 viewsitfcjoe

The club secretary has said it is a done deal

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Donacien on 20:45 - Dec 8 with 6463 viewsKieran_Knows

I just can’t see it happening. Accrington Stanley have already spent the £750k on ground improvements!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Donacien on 20:56 - Dec 8 with 6400 viewsElderGrizzly

The ‘status’ he has is irrelevant to the deal though. His current visa is linked to his employment at his old club, hence why we have kept him on loan.

He is applying for indefinite leave to remain with us as his employer and if he doesn’t get this he will simply get another Tier 1 visa. His ability to play will be unaffected.

Don’t think there is anyway out of this for us
Donacien on 21:06 - Dec 8 with 6358 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Donacien on 20:56 - Dec 8 by ElderGrizzly

The ‘status’ he has is irrelevant to the deal though. His current visa is linked to his employment at his old club, hence why we have kept him on loan.

He is applying for indefinite leave to remain with us as his employer and if he doesn’t get this he will simply get another Tier 1 visa. His ability to play will be unaffected.

Don’t think there is anyway out of this for us

Doesn't the permanent transfer hinge on this being granted? If it is denied the deal fails and the loan ends in January, I would have thought. Whether anyone would have put a time limit on it would depend on foresight when we were desirous to get a deal done. I would imagine him not playing is likely to have a detrimental effect on the likelihood of the status being granted.

It is a bit of a mess really isn't it? Rather like our whole season so far.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Donacien on 21:18 - Dec 8 with 6313 viewsElderGrizzly

Donacien on 21:06 - Dec 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Doesn't the permanent transfer hinge on this being granted? If it is denied the deal fails and the loan ends in January, I would have thought. Whether anyone would have put a time limit on it would depend on foresight when we were desirous to get a deal done. I would imagine him not playing is likely to have a detrimental effect on the likelihood of the status being granted.

It is a bit of a mess really isn't it? Rather like our whole season so far.

No, it’s a red herring as to whether the deal would be completed or not. As Joe says, the deal is done and no refunds.

All that is to be decided is whether he is playing under indefinite leave to remain or a Tier 1 visa and that can only be ‘linked’ to one club.
Donacien on 21:24 - Dec 8 with 6292 viewsgt81

How is this taking so long? Bureaucratic BS I know is the obvious answer, but how long does it take to process someone already established in the country.
Donacien on 21:29 - Dec 8 with 6255 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Donacien on 21:18 - Dec 8 by ElderGrizzly

No, it’s a red herring as to whether the deal would be completed or not. As Joe says, the deal is done and no refunds.

All that is to be decided is whether he is playing under indefinite leave to remain or a Tier 1 visa and that can only be ‘linked’ to one club.

I thought it was a loan that transforms to a transfer upon the permission being granted. Surely the brokers anticipated the possibility that it would not be granted. It is not that long ago we went through such protracted negotiations with Jaime Peters is it? Remember how promising that was and ultimately how little it lived up to the expectations.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Donacien on 22:11 - Dec 8 with 6133 viewsGiveusaWave

It's a done deal I'm afraid...

Great bit of business by AC...a friend of mine who supports them couldn't believe they got 750K...

Sorry...but think we will eventually release him on a free...

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Donacien on 22:19 - Dec 8 with 6093 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Donacien on 21:18 - Dec 8 by ElderGrizzly

Why didn’t we sign him permanently in the first place, if that’s the case?

When we signed him the news article confirmed:
The 24-year-old centre-back or right-back is joining on a year’s loan with the deal becoming a long-term switch at the point his permanent leave to remain in the UK has been confirmed.

So presumably there remained an element of doubt that would be the case?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Donacien on 22:31 - Dec 8 with 6053 viewsKieran_Knows

Donacien on 22:19 - Dec 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The 24-year-old centre-back or right-back is joining on a year’s loan with the deal becoming a long-term switch at the point his permanent leave to remain in the UK has been confirmed.

I just see Accrington allowing the deal to go through at all if it wasn’t 100% going to become a permanent deal once his permit is finally sorted. As I say, AS must be confident, they’ve already spent the £750k!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Donacien on 23:03 - Dec 8 with 5986 viewsElderGrizzly

Donacien on 22:19 - Dec 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Because we couldn’t. As was explained to me, his visa is linked to his old club and the fact he was undertaking the indefinite leave to remain process meant he couldn’t reapply for a new visa with us.

So we had to take a loan initially to not hold up the move.

If his indefinite leave to remain doesn’t go through, we’ll support his application for a new Tier 1 visa. And he’ll carry on living his life as now for another 5 years.
Donacien on 23:13 - Dec 8 with 5944 viewsPhilTWTD

Donacien on 23:03 - Dec 8 by ElderGrizzly

Because we couldn’t. As was explained to me, his visa is linked to his old club and the fact he was undertaking the indefinite leave to remain process meant he couldn’t reapply for a new visa with us.

So we had to take a loan initially to not hold up the move.

If his indefinite leave to remain doesn’t go through, we’ll support his application for a new Tier 1 visa. And he’ll carry on living his life as now for another 5 years.

Not quite as it was outlined to me. The leave to remain has to be extended every three years, don't think it's related to moving club. Think the application had been made prior to him coming here. They've also been told it's a formality it being granted, just the Home Office being slow.
Donacien on 23:19 - Dec 8 with 5908 viewsElderGrizzly

Donacien on 23:13 - Dec 8 by PhilTWTD

Not quite as it was outlined to me. The leave to remain has to be extended every three years, don't think it's related to moving club. Think the application had been made prior to him coming here. They've also been told it's a formality it being granted, just the Home Office being slow.

I was told it was the difference between leave to remain and indefinite leave to remain that is the cause of the complications? He has the former, he is applying for the latter

Anyway, to the point of the OP, I can’t see there is anyway we don’t follow through with the signing as if he doesn’t get this ‘status’ we’ll simply get another one for him.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 23:19]
Donacien on 23:40 - Dec 8 with 5827 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Donacien on 22:31 - Dec 8 by Kieran_Knows

I just see Accrington allowing the deal to go through at all if it wasn’t 100% going to become a permanent deal once his permit is finally sorted. As I say, AS must be confident, they’ve already spent the £750k!

No I’m sure they are confident that it’ll be granted, but at the same time presumably there must be the possibility that it won’t - otherwise the deal would have just been a permanent transfer

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Donacien on 04:40 - Dec 9 with 5666 viewsharlingblue

You are probably right Currie10, but it is a shame for him and us, he is one of Hurst's better buys, but never given the chance to play at right wing back, a position that has been weak all season. Penny pinching in the extreme if our hierarchy is hoping for the deal to be dead.
Donacien on 08:27 - Dec 9 with 5507 viewsPositivelyPortman

What can’t you understand about this situation?
It’s a done deal.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Donacien on 10:19 - Dec 9 with 5364 viewsGuthrum

Not sure he'll play much this season.

Lambert clearly doesn't consider him an option at RB and he is only cover in the middle.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Donacien on 10:30 - Dec 9 with 5329 viewspointofblue

Donacien on 10:19 - Dec 9 by Guthrum

Not sure he'll play much this season.

Lambert clearly doesn't consider him an option at RB and he is only cover in the middle.

I still think Donacien has shown better attributes at right back than Spence has this season.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Donacien on 14:27 - Dec 9 with 5190 viewsSonOfSpock

Donacien on 23:19 - Dec 8 by ElderGrizzly

I was told it was the difference between leave to remain and indefinite leave to remain that is the cause of the complications? He has the former, he is applying for the latter

Anyway, to the point of the OP, I can’t see there is anyway we don’t follow through with the signing as if he doesn’t get this ‘status’ we’ll simply get another one for him.

Nobody really knows what leave or remain is these days though..
Donacien on 16:09 - Dec 9 with 5104 viewsPhilTWTD

Donacien on 23:19 - Dec 8 by ElderGrizzly

As I understand it there are no complications and it's been a case of waiting for a rubber stamp on his documentation to confirm the permanent leave to remain. But I agree, I don't think there's any serious suggestion the deal isn't already done and dusted.
Donacien on 16:11 - Dec 9 with 5098 viewsMullet

Donacien on 16:09 - Dec 9 by PhilTWTD

As I understand it there are no complications and it's been a case of waiting for a rubber stamp on his documentation to confirm the permanent leave to remain. But I agree, I don't think there's any serious suggestion the deal isn't already done and dusted.

Would you get it clarified at the presser please? Then sticky the answer up here until his transfer is confirmed?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024