Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can someone explain where the value of £35m could come from as PR is not ours? 12:16 - Dec 6 with 1389 viewsStewards_Enquiry

As Portman road is owned by the council and ME sold the training ground to one of his companies where is there any value?

Surely we are only worth a £1 currently especially with all of the debt?

Poll: ARE YOU GOING TO CANCEL YOU DIRECT DEBIT TOMORROW ?

Can someone explain where the value of £35m could come from as PR is not ours? on 12:23 - Dec 6 with 1368 viewsBurwell_Blue

You are asking questions about something reported in the Sun.

Don't waste your time trying to do the maths on conjecture.
Can someone explain where the value of £35m could come from as PR is not ours? on 12:24 - Dec 6 with 1361 viewsKeno

that value is based n the perception of what the players, any assets (Playford Road?) and future potential is worth

ultimately the value is what anyone will pay that Evans accepts

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Can someone explain where the value of £35m could come from as PR is not ours? on 12:24 - Dec 6 with 1358 viewsbluelagos

1. Asking price isn't the same as selling price. So it could be utter fantasy figure, we won't know unless we are sold.

2. Business's are valued as expected net present value of future profits. So if* you believed you could pay £35m now, invest say £20m over 2 years and then get PL windfull (>£100m) then it would make sense.

3. *"if" is a very big word

But yeah, I tend to agree that given our lack of assets, current losses and the prospect of relegation, £35m does seem a bit optimistic as a valuation.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Can someone explain where the value of £35m could come from as PR is not ours? on 12:40 - Dec 6 with 1288 viewsStewards_Enquiry

Can someone explain where the value of £35m could come from as PR is not ours? on 12:23 - Dec 6 by Burwell_Blue

You are asking questions about something reported in the Sun.

Don't waste your time trying to do the maths on conjecture.

Just a thought on thread on here, which I believe was posted prior to the Sun?

Poll: ARE YOU GOING TO CANCEL YOU DIRECT DEBIT TOMORROW ?

Can someone explain where the value of £35m could come from as PR is not ours? on 14:38 - Dec 6 with 1138 viewsTown_Blue17

I am pretty sure the club own the ground just not the land that it's built on.
Can someone explain where the value of £35m could come from as PR is not ours? on 14:43 - Dec 6 with 1122 viewsOxford_Blue

Assuming that figure is from Evans, then it is simply an opening position.

The business would be valued on the basis of assets, its brand and potential - if it could get to the premiership then its turnover would rise significantly - perhaps by 500% - immediately.
Can someone explain where the value of £35m could come from as PR is not ours? on 15:06 - Dec 6 with 1079 viewspablosturn

Can someone explain where the value of £35m could come from as PR is not ours? on 12:24 - Dec 6 by bluelagos

1. Asking price isn't the same as selling price. So it could be utter fantasy figure, we won't know unless we are sold.

2. Business's are valued as expected net present value of future profits. So if* you believed you could pay £35m now, invest say £20m over 2 years and then get PL windfull (>£100m) then it would make sense.

3. *"if" is a very big word

But yeah, I tend to agree that given our lack of assets, current losses and the prospect of relegation, £35m does seem a bit optimistic as a valuation.

You would of course discount any assumption that we were in the Premier League in the next say 10 years heavily to NPV the income from this stream.

I would say a £1 is extremely expensive if the debt remained too! Given the future cashflows forecast should (at an optimistic level) be set at the championship level then you would basically be discounting a loss back to todays value.

But hey what would I know!lol Definitely very optimistic, and if he is holding out for that, he is a worse businessman than even his fiercest critics accuse him of being and we he will own the club forevermore.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024