Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a reason Luton beating Norwich isn’t considered a big shock and in 19:35 - Dec 3 with 1234 viewsbontcho

montages etc? Last non league team to beat a top flight club. I guess the fact that Luton have a similar trophy history is part of it.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 19:40]

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Is there a reason Luton beating Norwich isn’t considered a big shock and in on 21:10 - Dec 3 with 1130 viewsBlueyandCrazy

It’s really annoying that it isn’t considered up there, as in terms of difference in league position, uwith Luton being conference away to Premier league Norwich, on paper if is one of the biggest ever.

However I think the mitigating factors which mean the media don’t consider it up there are
- played in the recent era where the fa cup is less significant and average premier league teams playing their second string and getting knocked out is commonplace.
- that Luton traditionally have not been a non league side and have played in the top flight themselves as recently as the 80s

I think it’s these reasons why the media don’t go on about it like Sutton v Coventry etc, but on paper it was a bigger shock.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 21:11]

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Is there a reason Luton beating Norwich isn’t considered a big shock and in on 22:43 - Dec 3 with 1035 viewsSteve_M

I think it's because no one outside of Norfolk considers them a big club. More should be made of that game though, mainly because it was very funny.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is there a reason Luton beating Norwich isn’t considered a big shock and in on 01:05 - Dec 4 with 938 viewsgainsboroughblue

It's already been touched on but the FA Cup is not the same competition as it once was. Teams don't take it as seriously and indeed is considered an unwanted distraction by some.

Also, Norwich and Luton have spent a lot of years of their history in the same division, be it the old Div 1 or Div 2 and played each other lots of times. In recent history (and I'm talking in the last 30 years) they've been similar sized clubs and in that time Luton enjoyed a bit of a purple patch, with Ricky Hill, the Stein brothers etc.

Luton have also won a 'major' domestic cup more recently too.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Is there a reason Luton beating Norwich isn’t considered a big shock and in on 08:47 - Dec 4 with 797 viewsuefacup81

It wasn't in last night's montage as it was a fourth round tie. Everything featured was from third rounds past.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024