Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hello Fresh 20:47 - Dec 2 with 3173 viewsitfcjoe

Has anyone tried this? My sister in law and her other half use it and it looks really good.

Me and Mrs itfcjoe have just signed up for 2 weeks at half price, which works out £5 a meal for a couple of weeks

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hello Fresh on 20:50 - Dec 2 with 3150 viewsm14_blue

I love it.

Introduces you to new flavours and dishes you would never have tried before.

Good quality, tasty and easy to follow recipes. Also perfect when you get in from work and don’t want to have to decide what to have for tea.

Not cheap when the initial offer finishes though.
Hello Fresh on 20:59 - Dec 2 with 3114 viewsRob88

I tend to just source the recipes and purchase the ingredients myself.

Less convenient but one shopping trip isn’t a huge ball ache.
Hello Fresh on 21:03 - Dec 2 with 3098 viewswkj

I tried it, it was decent, but didn't come close to justifying the cost.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Hello Fresh on 21:05 - Dec 2 with 3091 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Yep tried it a few years back. Decent
Hello Fresh on 21:51 - Dec 2 with 2997 viewsReuser_is_God

Got a link to the offer?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hello Fresh on 21:55 - Dec 2 with 2982 viewsitfcjoe

Hello Fresh on 21:51 - Dec 2 by Reuser_is_God

Got a link to the offer?

I can send you a £20 voucher but not sure if you can use it with the introductory offer on the website which is better if you do for 5 meals.

Have a look and if £20 is better than the half price give me a shout and I’ll send it over

Hello Fresh on 21:58 - Dec 2 with 2969 viewsHerbivore

The recipes are pretty decent, massively expensive though. I'd only use it when very heavily discounted.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hello Fresh on 22:15 - Dec 2 with 2920 viewsSamuelowen88

We use it, generally whenever they send me another voucher with money off. Sign up for a week, then freeze it again.

Recipes are good and we use it for the new recipe ideas

Poll: England v Wales Score

Login to get fewer ads

Hello Fresh on 22:22 - Dec 2 with 2903 viewsCoastalblue

I'm just going to echo everyone else really, the recipes are good, the food is nice but it's expensive if not combined with an offer.

The other issue we found was that because the ingredients are seasonal they can end up being very samey at times, I can remember groaning when we got a stack of very, very muddey Jeruselum artichokes for about the 4th orr 5th week in a row. We are in central London though so it may be that our options are a bit more limited.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Hello Fresh on 23:28 - Dec 2 with 2819 viewsclive_baker

As others have said they're very good value at 50% off, that's because they're loss making at that price. The product is relatively expensive at full price (c. £5 per 'plate') because it has to be, it's a difficult business model to make profitable with high delivery costs relative to the value of the order, even with scale. I expect they're building the brand with a view to side stepping into retail / grocery as Graze has done very successfully. Anyhoo, as others have said, it's decent in terms of the recipes and ingredients, and minimises food waste which resonated with me. I used it for a long time but stopped and moved over to Mindful Chef instead, which was also good to be fair, but now I've stopped that too. I quite like planning my own meals and found it was making me a bit lazy in that respect. I do still replicate a number of the recipes I enjoyed though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Hello Fresh on 08:22 - Dec 3 with 2653 viewsitfcjoe

Cheers all for comments - seems that everyone agrees it is good quality decent food but a bit expensive if paying full price.

I'll give it a go for a few weeks, may just help me and Mrs itfcjoe get out of bad eating habits at the moment as don't seem to have the time to shop and prepare properly with a toddler and a newborn so can't hurt.

Hello Fresh on 08:45 - Dec 3 with 2600 viewsconnorscontract

The simple solution is to buy the book after the offer is over. 100 of their simple, clearly explained recipes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1784724653/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1543

Try the offer, try the book, see if having the decision made on what you are going to eat, and ingredients pre-chopped and spices measured out, is worth the extra money to you.
Hello Fresh on 08:51 - Dec 3 with 2586 viewsuefacup81

It's a tax on the lazy.

Go out shopping on a Saturday, buy a ton of fresh ingredients for a fraction of the price, and you've got pretty much the same deal.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Hello Fresh on 09:03 - Dec 3 with 2568 viewsconnorscontract

Hello Fresh on 08:51 - Dec 3 by uefacup81

It's a tax on the lazy.

Go out shopping on a Saturday, buy a ton of fresh ingredients for a fraction of the price, and you've got pretty much the same deal.

Some people commute for an hour and a half or more each way every day. Maybe if you had to wake at 5.30 every morning and didn't get home till 8 you'd see the value in somebody making fresh and healthy, unprocessed food that little bit quicker and easier?
Hello Fresh on 09:07 - Dec 3 with 2557 viewsm14_blue

Hello Fresh on 09:03 - Dec 3 by connorscontract

Some people commute for an hour and a half or more each way every day. Maybe if you had to wake at 5.30 every morning and didn't get home till 8 you'd see the value in somebody making fresh and healthy, unprocessed food that little bit quicker and easier?

This. I leave before 6 and am home after 6 most days.

Throw in a 3 week old baby and it’s not always easy to just nip to the shops.

It also gives new ideas for recipes and stops you just having the same things every week. (I love chilli as much as the next person but sometimes a change can be nice).
Hello Fresh on 09:13 - Dec 3 with 2549 viewsitfcjoe

Hello Fresh on 08:51 - Dec 3 by uefacup81

It's a tax on the lazy.

Lots of things are taxes on the lazy - we live in a service economy in the main and it’s a good way of distributing wealth.

But like M14 below, long days at work, limited time at weekends (and what time I do have I’d rather not be in a supermarket) and with 2 little ones something like this may work well

Hello Fresh on 09:42 - Dec 3 with 2524 viewsGuthrum

Hello Fresh on 09:03 - Dec 3 by connorscontract

I do think that's one of the reasons the British workforce is supposedly (as government ministers are fond of complaining) less productive than some of our competitors. We put people through gruelling routines like that every day (on inefficient public transport) and then wonder why they're tired and dispirited.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hello Fresh on 09:52 - Dec 3 with 2514 viewsHerbivore

Hello Fresh on 09:13 - Dec 3 by itfcjoe

Lots of things are taxes on the lazy - we live in a service economy in the main and it’s a good way of distributing wealth.

But like M14 below, long days at work, limited time at weekends (and what time I do have I’d rather not be in a supermarket) and with 2 little ones something like this may work well

Another option if you want to avoid the supermarket is to sign up with Ocado. 30% off your first order and free delivery for a year, they then send you further money off vouchers. They also give you a meal planner as a free gift.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hello Fresh on 21:06 - Dec 3 with 2384 viewsBrixtonBlue

You given up on the Huel then?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024