Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thoughts 22:56 - Dec 1 with 2710 viewsMach_foreignBlue

That was a painful and brutal remainder for us where we are in the football hierarchy. Forest having assembled good, competitive squad against poor, quality starved Ipswich. The game has perfectly underlined that difference.

We can't slate our players following this performance. Nor can we insult them. Effort wise they were spot on. They'd try. But the truth is sad for the club as they don't possess required quality to compete at this level.

We looked like boys against quality men during the match. Forest's supremacy was particularly telling in the midfield. Their footballing intelligence, way of passing. You'd love Ipswich to have a team like that and to be playing like that.

Yet another Bialkowski's fook-up. So early in the game and that already was the game over. Very quick end of any delusions.

Jackson had three chances for us and he really should have at least hit the target in all of them. Beside, we weren't good enough to threaten them. Their dominance in midfield was thumping. Painfully thumping.

Their second goal was has summed us up and the years of disastrous Evans' ownership. If we had a chance to get quality players we might be able to be scoring that kind of goals. Our defence was brutally exposed. Magnificent passing which ended up with a simple tap-in from Grabban.

Second half. People might say we were better. In a way yes but the main thing was that Forest simply put their feet of the gas and their fans can't blame them for this as they perhaps were a bit knackered following that crazy game against Aston Villa. Still though they hit the woodwork twice whereas the closest we came to score was a shot from Lankester which went narrowly wide.

So even though we looked a bit better I still felt sorry for the team. All their efforts and attempts went for nothing as they weren't good enough. If we had somehow scored then Forest would have punished us easily with another one or two.

Final whistle was the moment I couldn't wait for during the entire second half.

Travelled to the game with Forest fan from work. Asked him specifically what was their fans' main issue with their ex-owner Fawaz. The main one was selling best players and not always replaced them with similar quality. They particularly went mad couple of years ago when Fawaz following the sale of Oliver Burke to RB Leipzig never re-invested money. You sell your best players and failure to replace means a big struggle and that Forest fan reminded me but it ain't a rocket science. I've told him that if Fawaz was an Ipswich owner than the number of fooking idiots would be defending him and saying that he puts 6m a year to keep the club afloat and pays the bills.

Nowadays Forest have a Greek owner and they have assembled a good squad without spending horrendous amount of money. In Lewis Grabban they have a required quality to score goals in this league and that is part of the gulf between them and Ipswich.

We might not have been in this position if McCarthy had stayed with us. But he would carry on sniping at us and treating us with contempt like he did. We would still have been drifting along in this league. What would be the point? It's lack of investment throughout the years that hits us very badly.

Everybody is entitled to have their own hopes/expectations. For me personally there is no way whatsoever to get out the trouble. We need 4-5 signings in January to have any chance and each one of them has to be a hell of a signing. That means a lot of money to be spent in the difficult winter transfer window and Evans never invest big money.
Maybe Lambert does possess special ability to entice good players but the reality is that it's probably cost a lot.

The gulf between both teams was embarrassing today. Forest have an owner who have been backing Karanka whereas Ipswich has an owner who ... pays bills and '6m a year' brigade is going to tell me or other broken fans to buy the club if we aren't happy.

Stoke next week should be the same as today. Their quality is going to be too much for our team.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 22:59]
Match thoughts on 23:37 - Dec 1 with 2596 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Good report but I would take issue with notion that Forest paid very little for their squad, they paid £13.2m for Carvalho alone.
Match thoughts on 23:44 - Dec 1 with 2577 viewsCoastalblue

We used to have an owner who invested heavily for the division too.

Sadly he worked out it was a mugs game.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Match thoughts on 00:18 - Dec 2 with 2449 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 23:37 - Dec 1 by blueblueburleymcgrew

Good report but I would take issue with notion that Forest paid very little for their squad, they paid £13.2m for Carvalho alone.

Didn't say they paid little.
Match thoughts on 00:41 - Dec 2 with 2411 viewsGuthrum

Match thoughts on 23:44 - Dec 1 by Coastalblue

Plus the meaning of 'invested heavily for the division' has shifted substantially since 2007. Then it was four or five million per window, now it is twenty or thirty million.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Match thoughts on 07:12 - Dec 2 with 2214 viewsBenters2

Nice report Mach.
Match thoughts on 08:19 - Dec 2 with 2082 viewsgainsboroughblue

The match reports on here are about 90% better than most of our performances unfortunately.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Match thoughts on 08:39 - Dec 2 with 2015 viewsITFC_Forever

Second paragraph sums it up.

It’s a lack of quality, not effort.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Match thoughts on 09:31 - Dec 2 with 1903 viewsBenno1960

good report Mach

hard to argue with any of that, I wasnt there (will be at stoke) so a good insight to our issues

I went to Reading and although we were excellent in the first half(Reading are cack though) I always felt the mental toughness required to withstand the onslaught which was always coming once Roberts was replaced, was not there. A La v Brizzle

January can't come soon enough but it may be too late and it is a big ask to get the right players in who hit the ground running
Login to get fewer ads

Match thoughts on 10:00 - Dec 2 with 1850 viewsbraveblue

Well said
Match thoughts on 10:37 - Dec 2 with 1792 viewsBlueBadger

Match thoughts on 23:44 - Dec 1 by Coastalblue

Mainly because he asked a very famous mug to manage his team for him...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024