Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blame........ are WE to blame..... 14:31 - Nov 30 with 2416 viewsCurrie10

* Evans to blame........
* Mick to blame.........
* Hurst to blame.......
* This / that / the other to blame.

We MOAN a hell of a lot as a fanbase. Sure, I moaned no ends during Hurst's reign due to thinking he was completely incompetent / X Y Z so I'm no saint.

However, we feel Evans should be throwing ££££ at it more so. Sure, I get that. We're underspending, going backwards. I get that.

Then look at our attendances. Sure, we've been stuck in this division a long time. We're bored. I get all this.

Sure, they were always going to dip down from the Premier league days, and to a degree from 2002 - now. I realise the red button is going to damage midweek games, Bristol City brought 250 fans ( it's a hell of a drive I'm from Bristol ) so cannot blame them. 13726

Now the timing of this article many may feel odd - given we attracted a very good 22995 v WBA on Friday night - while on sky. Promo game as we all know, so cannot do that price often. ( I think allowed four per season )

Lambert's first game attracted - 15129 for PNE. That's a better barometer. Saturday 3pm game, I'd imagine will be similar for Wigan.

However, with a good 14,000 or so empty seats on average perhaps for a league game, our revenue is down.

Are we, as a fanbase, PARTIALLY to blame for where the club is now?

Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 14:33 - Nov 30 with 2411 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 14:49 - Nov 30 with 2373 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Can certainly understand your point. We as a fan base are terrible for it. Even at matchdays we are ludacris, I even heard moans at Bristol game, we are 4 games into PL reign and obviously making good strides performance wise and people grumble, I was thinking “ I hope Lambert does think this is aimed at him” because that how fractures start to occur. Sarcastic cheering and chanting is another one that really annoys me.

So to a degree I’m sure some fans are, not necessarily on here but at match days I think so, but compared to Evans and Hurst we probably make up 0.1% of what is wrong at the club this year!

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 14:50 - Nov 30 with 2372 viewsReuser_is_God

In short, no.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 15:00 - Nov 30 with 2348 viewsCurrie10

Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 14:50 - Nov 30 by Reuser_is_God

In short, no.

So we, in FFP times, don't account for a single %%% of blame?

If we could get the attendances up to say 18/19/20k on a regular occurrence, the extra revenue generated would surely help the club?

Take Derby for example. Been stuck here years also. ALWAYS been 23k plus watching them.
Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 15:13 - Nov 30 with 2336 viewsEireannach_gorm

Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 15:54 - Nov 30 with 2304 viewsHerbivore

I think you might well be to blame.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 16:40 - Nov 30 with 2281 viewsHarryWright

People keep saying we moan a lot... honestly were bottom of the league and have only won one game all season, I actually think all things considered we have reacted pretty well this year. I mean lets be honest, it's been a pretty tough ride to be an Ipswich fan for a while now.
Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 17:10 - Nov 30 with 2252 viewsBobbychase

Yes. We are partly to blame.

I keep seeing posts on social media saying the club should do the £10 deal a lot more to "get fans through the turnstiles".

Or, here's a radical idea, fans could support the team without expecting cheap tickets every week like, you know, they do at other clubs.

Plenty of people want Evans to spend more without putting their own money into the club.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Login to get fewer ads

Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 17:15 - Nov 30 with 2240 viewsSuperfrans

This obsession with finding something to blame whenever anything is not 100% as you’d want it. It’s weird. Is it a modern disease?

Sometimes things just *are*. Sh!t happens.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 17:24 - Nov 30 with 2224 viewsTJS

Fans who have stuck with the club and have regularly attended matches at PR for the last 10-15 years are 100% NOT to blame for the mess we are in.
Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 17:29 - Nov 30 with 2209 viewsCurrie10

Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 17:15 - Nov 30 by Superfrans

This obsession with finding something to blame whenever anything is not 100% as you’d want it. It’s weird. Is it a modern disease?

Sometimes things just *are*. Sh!t happens.

Perhaps.

However, it's a forum so it's a topic I thought I'd bring up.

People are happy to blame management/ Evans etc.

However, with crowds we're getting, non helpful.

Perhaps that's down to the club and pricing / marketing also. Relations between the club and fans.
Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 17:32 - Nov 30 with 2206 viewsBenters2

Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 17:24 - Nov 30 by TJS

Fans who have stuck with the club and have regularly attended matches at PR for the last 10-15 years are 100% NOT to blame for the mess we are in.

This
Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 18:31 - Nov 30 with 2166 viewsHerbivore

Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 17:32 - Nov 30 by Benters2

This

You are aware that description doesn't include you?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 18:50 - Nov 30 with 2148 views44_not_out

It used to be Douglas' fault
Then Skuse was often to blame
Chambers has often been seen as a blame option
However, it's nice that Spence and Knudsen are allowed to share blame at the moment.

We have a decent Manager now. Lets get behind the club!!!
Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 20:22 - Nov 30 with 2099 viewsCurrie10

Blame........ are WE to blame..... on 18:31 - Nov 30 by Herbivore

You are aware that description doesn't include you?

Benters has been along to games the past 15 years.

Some have certainly vanished off the face of the earth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024