Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s the Ipswich way 😟 18:15 - Nov 29 with 1571 viewsbluejacko

For a long while now whenever a really important game arrives our team bottles it!
Whether it was to close the gap at the top of the league (yes we were there you know) or a cup game or as it is now it always happens!
We get the usual platitudes from the same players and yet they come to nothing on the day.
Last night was a case in point,we were told how important the game was and then the team doesn’t turn up and gets caught not once but three times with their pants down.
our so called senior players are just as guilty as the young ones!
The finger has to be pointed at the collective defence last night (four of the five MM’s men) but until the rest of the team wake up and get their sh1t together and help out we are doomed.
It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 18:19 - Nov 29 with 1552 viewsblueislander

1978 cup Final
1981 UEFA Cup Final
2000 Play off Final

All bottled?
It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 18:25 - Nov 29 with 1519 viewsbluejacko

It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 18:19 - Nov 29 by blueislander

1978 cup Final
1981 UEFA Cup Final
2000 Play off Final

All bottled?

Of course not I am not talking about when we actually had a team but in the last few years it has been happening far to often .
It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 18:26 - Nov 29 with 1509 viewsronnyd

1978 cup Final
1981 UEFA Cup Final
2000 Play off Final

All bottled?

First two 40ish years ago, 3rd one 18years. Get real, i,ts the here and now.
It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 18:29 - Nov 29 with 1505 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

1978 cup Final
1981 UEFA Cup Final
2000 Play off Final

All bottled?

I think he maybe referring to..

1981- Middlesbrough (A) lost and Arsenal beat villa and we still blew the league by failing to capitalise!- Bottled
1981 FA Cup semi v Man City- Bottled
1985 League Cup semi 2nd leg v Budgies- Bottled
2011 League Cup semi 2nd leg v Brum- Bottled
Playoffs v Sheffield United, Bolton, West Ham (twice!), Charlton (twice), Budgies- All Bottled
You could add first round exit of UEFA Cup as holders to Aberdeen in 1982 and getting trounced in the 1978 Charity Shield 5-0 by Forest as bottling big games too. We still keep fighting though!

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 18:32 - Nov 29 with 1499 viewsLeagueOne

1978 cup Final
1981 UEFA Cup Final
2000 Play off Final

All bottled?

I don't think you can put the 2000 Playoffs in that group! As great as it was, it wasn't a major honour! Also we only ended up there because we bottled the league!! Which is what the poster is alluding to!

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 18:50 - Nov 29 with 1440 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

1978 cup Final
1981 UEFA Cup Final
2000 Play off Final

All bottled?

18 years old, we've had few important games since then. That was the old Ipswich, this is the new Ipswich. The OP is right.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 19:33 - Nov 29 with 1405 viewseddiespearitt03

The leadership has to come from the top. It is a ship with no captain. We really need a club owner who can lead from the front and not in the background. We need a character with football knowledge and willing to engage more with the club. If only we had connection with the club owner and club rather than a product. We are just a football club with all the pressure leveled at one manager after another. The poor leadership started with Sheepshanks and now it is a remote Evans trying to inspire a club. Let us all be realistic. The supporters turned up last night in a must-win game and they were desperate for a winning performance. It was frantic., Composure and possession was the order of the day with a 2nd half rally to win the game. Instead, it was typical League One game because poor footballing decisions were clearly evident. The high ball to a shorter striker. The 40 yard cross field pass that only passed the responsibility to someone else. Poor defending and naivety. Words mean fk/all now. The war cry and fist pump days are over. We need better players and club owner who can unite and fight the battle as a unit.
It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 19:48 - Nov 29 with 1372 viewsmadmouse1959

It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 19:33 - Nov 29 by eddiespearitt03

The leadership has to come from the top. It is a ship with no captain. We really need a club owner who can lead from the front and not in the background. We need a character with football knowledge and willing to engage more with the club. If only we had connection with the club owner and club rather than a product. We are just a football club with all the pressure leveled at one manager after another. The poor leadership started with Sheepshanks and now it is a remote Evans trying to inspire a club. Let us all be realistic. The supporters turned up last night in a must-win game and they were desperate for a winning performance. It was frantic., Composure and possession was the order of the day with a 2nd half rally to win the game. Instead, it was typical League One game because poor footballing decisions were clearly evident. The high ball to a shorter striker. The 40 yard cross field pass that only passed the responsibility to someone else. Poor defending and naivety. Words mean fk/all now. The war cry and fist pump days are over. We need better players and club owner who can unite and fight the battle as a unit.

BANG ON BA.
The reality is here and now. When i saw a corner kick dribble along the by-line i just knew i was watching a struggling relegated team. The quality is just not there . Another very frustrating night . Stop talking it up. Let us be real for a change. I love this club, but bloody ell. It is like losing ya best friend Forget the history, we are fooked..

shampoo dave

Login to get fewer ads

It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 20:01 - Nov 29 with 1333 viewsgainsboroughblue

It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 18:29 - Nov 29 by Jonnosdreadlocks

I think he maybe referring to..

1981- Middlesbrough (A) lost and Arsenal beat villa and we still blew the league by failing to capitalise!- Bottled
1981 FA Cup semi v Man City- Bottled
1985 League Cup semi 2nd leg v Budgies- Bottled
2011 League Cup semi 2nd leg v Brum- Bottled
Playoffs v Sheffield United, Bolton, West Ham (twice!), Charlton (twice), Budgies- All Bottled
You could add first round exit of UEFA Cup as holders to Aberdeen in 1982 and getting trounced in the 1978 Charity Shield 5-0 by Forest as bottling big games too. We still keep fighting though!

That would only point to a deep rooted club mentality given that they were completely different line ups!

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 20:19 - Nov 29 with 1305 viewseddiespearitt03

It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 20:01 - Nov 29 by gainsboroughblue

That would only point to a deep rooted club mentality given that they were completely different line ups!

Yawn.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 0:18]
It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 20:24 - Nov 29 with 1294 viewsgainsboroughblue

It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 20:19 - Nov 29 by eddiespearitt03

Yawn.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 0:18]

Pardon?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 20:25 - Nov 29 with 1293 viewsbluejacko

I must confess I wasn’t really thinking about that long ago more like the last 10 years or so.
Games like having the chance to close gaps towards the top of the league,play offs etc.
Even under PL for three games we have been leading four times and we still have cocked it up!
Stating the obvious but something in the clubs psyche is drastically wrong.
It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 20:31 - Nov 29 with 1274 viewseddiespearitt03

It’s the Ipswich way 😟 on 20:25 - Nov 29 by bluejacko

I must confess I wasn’t really thinking about that long ago more like the last 10 years or so.
Games like having the chance to close gaps towards the top of the league,play offs etc.
Even under PL for three games we have been leading four times and we still have cocked it up!
Stating the obvious but something in the clubs psyche is drastically wrong.

The club owner has to take it more serious. He now owns a club in free fall. Wake up Evans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024