Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reasons for hope. (Or clutching at straws) 21:58 - Nov 28 with 460 viewsTheBoyBlue

1. If we had won tonight, we were right back in touching distance of the pack. The teams above us (probably) won't many by the nature of why they're also down there, so a win or two and the odd draw in the next few games keeps us in touching distance.

2. If we stay in touching distance, the pressure on ME to release plenty of funds will surely be too immense for him to refuse. If he doesn't spend in those circumstances then we whatever his motives (noble or otherwise) and to what extent he saved us, then we're going to have accept that we will never, ever be a PL club again under him, if even a Championship team. Few shrewd signings and its not implausible that we can just do enough to stay up. After all, we just need to make sure we are at least a point ahead of three other teams and there are plenty of contenders for that, even if none of them are as bad as us currently.

3. If the worse does happen and we go down, if PL is willing to stay and ME is willing release lots of funds, with the young players brought in by PH who are currently out of their depth having a extra year's experience and playing more at the level they are used to, next season could be one of the most enjoyable and entertaining that we've had for years!

That said, tonight was a massive opportunity missed and there are lots and lots of what ifs. Not least that on the basis of this evening, I can't really see where we are going to get the odd one or two wins and few draws to keep us in touch. Strangely though, in a masochistic I'm finding this all far more engaging then the last couple of years of going-nowhere-nothing-to-play-for football.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024