Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town 14:27 - Nov 28 with 2772 viewsclive_baker

Pre-match. It's Wednesday, why not.

Meeting a friend at 4pm in the Lord Nelson. Bit of an odd route but I'm thinking we'll probably go to Thomas Wolsey after that and then swing down to the Arcade Tavern for a swift 1 at 6 where we're meeting someone else. Final stop St Judes before heading to the ground.

What are we saying about that for a little Wednesday evening route huh?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 14:30 - Nov 28 with 2491 viewsKieran_Knows

Alright for some!

Will probably get home just before 6, quick bite to eat then in Town for around 7ish for a quick pint in the plough.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 14:30 - Nov 28 with 2489 viewsSteve_M

My plans to get out early have been derailed by going to the pub at lunch. Will still make the match but that might have been my pre-game pubbage.

What's the Nelson like these days, was a bit rubbish last time I went there a few years back?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 14:36 - Nov 28 with 2453 viewsclive_baker

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 14:30 - Nov 28 by Steve_M

My plans to get out early have been derailed by going to the pub at lunch. Will still make the match but that might have been my pre-game pubbage.

What's the Nelson like these days, was a bit rubbish last time I went there a few years back?

I like it, it's a proper pub. Also feel oddly loyal to it, used to get served there without question when I wasn't old enough to drink, so feel I need to pay back the place now I have more choice.

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 14:45 - Nov 28 with 2414 viewsSpruceMoose

St Judes? Is that the place that smells like guffs and misery on St Matthews Street?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 14:45]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 14:48 - Nov 28 with 2393 viewslinhdi

Most days it's ok, but you're missing the first day of the beer festival at the Dove.
I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:06 - Nov 28 with 2355 viewsReuser_is_God

Ruined by going St Jude’s.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:13 - Nov 28 with 2338 viewsartsbossbeard

Three Wise Monkeys tonight, however, I'm hanging from a funeral yesterday and don't feel like eating anything let alone touching another alcoholic beverage just yet.

Stupid school night drinking.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:14 - Nov 28 with 2331 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:13 - Nov 28 by artsbossbeard

Three Wise Monkeys tonight, however, I'm hanging from a funeral yesterday and don't feel like eating anything let alone touching another alcoholic beverage just yet.

Stupid school night drinking.

Went to the Three Wise Monkeys on Saturday night. Decent place to be fair, plenty of different beers/ales on offer.

Login to get fewer ads

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:16 - Nov 28 with 2322 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:14 - Nov 28 by Kieran_Knows

Went to the Three Wise Monkeys on Saturday night. Decent place to be fair, plenty of different beers/ales on offer.

Heard good things also. Super.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:18 - Nov 28 with 2314 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:16 - Nov 28 by artsbossbeard

Heard good things also. Super.

I was on the House Party pale ale, nice drop that. You won't go wrong in there, I will be visiting again for sure.

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:20 - Nov 28 with 2300 viewsTIB

Hopsters now have a bar...and they serve Away Days...heard their beers are decent

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:21 - Nov 28 with 2294 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:20 - Nov 28 by TIB

Hopsters now have a bar...and they serve Away Days...heard their beers are decent

Saw that on their Instagram yesterday. Will try pop in soon to pick up 'The Beat'.

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:22 - Nov 28 with 2279 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:20 - Nov 28 by TIB

A proper bar? In the shop?

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:23 - Nov 28 with 2275 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:22 - Nov 28 by artsbossbeard

Yes.

Evans out

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:23 - Nov 28 with 2271 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:18 - Nov 28 by Kieran_Knows

I was on the House Party pale ale, nice drop that. You won't go wrong in there, I will be visiting again for sure.

Better than your usual Fosters tops?

Evans out

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:24 - Nov 28 with 2266 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:23 - Nov 28 by Reuser_is_God

Better than your usual Fosters tops?

It was actually. Will be in there again to try some more.

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:24 - Nov 28 with 2264 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:23 - Nov 28 by Reuser_is_God

Yes.

I'll give that a look too.

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:26 - Nov 28 with 2248 viewsGeoffSentence

Whilst I enjoy a few pints before a game, more than a couple and I become a prime candidate for the annoying fans thread simply for my inability to stay in my seat for 45 minutes.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:28 - Nov 28 with 2240 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:24 - Nov 28 by Kieran_Knows

It was actually. Will be in there again to try some more.

Congratulations on finally maturing into a proper man.

Evans out

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:29 - Nov 28 with 2228 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:28 - Nov 28 by Reuser_is_God

Congratulations on finally maturing into a proper man.

Cheers buh, will be nice of you to join me at some point.

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:29 - Nov 28 with 2226 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:26 - Nov 28 by GeoffSentence

Whilst I enjoy a few pints before a game, more than a couple and I become a prime candidate for the annoying fans thread simply for my inability to stay in my seat for 45 minutes.

That’s also me & Paul_Knows when we have a good session before a game.

The hour after the team news came out became known as spirit hour & we’d quite easily polish off 4 vodka red bulls each.

Evans out

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:29 - Nov 28 with 2222 viewsTIB

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:22 - Nov 28 by artsbossbeard

Yep...new fridges and a seated bar area at the front of the shop. Real great to see it growing in there. The Beat + Hursty Hat-Trick + Forza Paolo + Bonzo all in too

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:31 - Nov 28 with 2211 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:29 - Nov 28 by Reuser_is_God

That’s also me & Paul_Knows when we have a good session before a game.

The hour after the team news came out became known as spirit hour & we’d quite easily polish off 4 vodka red bulls each.

TWTD.

To be re-enacted on the 15th and 22nd though.

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:40 - Nov 28 with 2170 viewsclive_baker

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 14:45 - Nov 28 by SpruceMoose

St Judes? Is that the place that smells like guffs and misery on St Matthews Street?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 14:45]

It will once I turn up.

Don't know, not been there for about 3 years but I'm told it's going to be full of bikini clad women this evening so your loss. I'll let you know how I get on.

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 15:42 - Nov 28 with 2154 viewsSteve_M

I'm going to knock off a bit early tonight and sink a couple of beers in town on 14:36 - Nov 28 by clive_baker

I like it, it's a proper pub. Also feel oddly loyal to it, used to get served there without question when I wasn't old enough to drink, so feel I need to pay back the place now I have more choice.

Ta, I'll give it a look again at some point. I always used to like it, used to go there at lunchtimes when I was doing a summer job nearby.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024