Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? 16:20 - Nov 16 with 1552 viewsFenboyBlue

Office pressure to join in again.
Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 16:21 - Nov 16 with 1545 viewsStokieBlue

I've never worked at a place where that has been done.

Seems weird.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 16:22 - Nov 16 with 1538 viewsSpruceMoose

Santa has no place in today's 'Winter Holidays'.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 16:23 - Nov 16 with 1528 viewshomer_123

Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 16:22 - Nov 16 by SpruceMoose

Santa has no place in today's 'Winter Holidays'.

When do these holidays start? March time?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 16:23 - Nov 16 with 1527 viewsJ2BLUE

Can't be that difficult.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 16:23 - Nov 16 with 1523 viewsIllinoisblue

it's a stupid idea and one that, thankfully, my current office does not partake in.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 16:24 - Nov 16 with 1521 viewsfooters

It's really difficult buying even a jokey present for work Secret Santa as you often don't really know the person you're buying for. The only one I was involved in I got a penknife, which is a nice gift, but I've never had cause to use it as I'm not really an outdoorsy/practical type. I did keep the tag, though, which says "footers, go everywhere, do everything" which I thought was nice.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 16:24 - Nov 16 with 1527 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Revolutionised our secret Santa this year.

Everyone buys a gift for £10 to be brought in on specific day
On the day everyone draws a number out of a hat
That number corresponds to your pick of the draft i.e. 1 = 1st pick of the presents.

That way you have absolutely no idea who you're buying for.. and what you might end up with. Also, some of the best may still be in at the end.
Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 16:25 - Nov 16 with 1516 viewscaught-in-limbo

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Login to get fewer ads

Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 16:28 - Nov 16 with 1488 viewsSpruceMoose

Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 16:23 - Nov 16 by homer_123

When do these holidays start? March time?

Next Thursday, Thanksgiving. You should all be thankful you got a short break from me this year.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 16:31 - Nov 16 with 1469 viewsFenboyBlue

Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 16:24 - Nov 16 by King_of_Portman_Rd

That number corresponds to your pick of the draft i.e. 1 = 1st pick of the presents.

That way you have absolutely no idea who you're buying for.. and what you might end up with. Also, some of the best may still be in at the end.

That's a great idea. I'd go for that. I could get something possibly funny and/or offensive and it can't be seen to single anyone out & get me in trouble with HR. Unfortunately ours is names in a hat and 10 people I could get something specific, 40 others no idea. And the whole thing falls flat at the Christmas do every single year as everybody opens theirs at different stages of the evening by themselves and the whole thing is forgotten!
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 16:40]
Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 16:37 - Nov 16 with 1456 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 16:31 - Nov 16 by FenboyBlue

That's a great idea. I'd go for that. I could get something possibly funny and/or offensive and it can't be seen to single anyone out & get me in trouble with HR. Unfortunately ours is names in a hat and 10 people I could get something specific, 40 others no idea. And the whole thing falls flat at the Christmas do every single year as everybody opens theirs at different stages of the evening by themselves and the whole thing is forgotten!
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 16:40]

I'm expecting some real bizarre things.. what with the anonymity as well as complete blank canvas. Probably some window wipers and post mix cement in the mix along with some more sensible bath soaps etc.
Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 17:22 - Nov 16 with 1403 viewsstrikalite

Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 16:24 - Nov 16 by King_of_Portman_Rd

We do similar, 20 odd people(yes odd!)all buy a gift for less than £5 which you wrap and put in a sack, then on the day of Xmas buffet everyone just picks something out, and 20 odd people all get something that they don't want....it works ok
Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 18:11 - Nov 16 with 1367 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

It eventually got dropped at our place after several years of someone buying very poorly thought out gifts. I think it was a set of car mats for a non driver that finally did it. Only £6.99 too.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 18:50 - Nov 16 with 1303 viewsbournemouthblue

They are best when banterous

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 18:52 - Nov 16 with 1300 viewsSpruceMoose

Does anybody (still) enjoy office Secret Santas ? on 18:50 - Nov 16 by bournemouthblue

They are best when banterous

Also, they give HR a heart attack at their most banterous.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024