Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Airport Parking 11:22 - Nov 8 with 1579 viewsclive_baker

Nervous to ask this here, no doubt someone will advise I park at Portman Road and get a transfer to Stansted can anyone vouch for the meet & greet service? How does it work?

Normally I've dropped my car at one of the car parks, waited in the cold for what seems like an eternity and jumped onto the shuttle bus to the terminal, but timings are going to be tighter on my next trip. Is meet & greet reliable? I don't want to be hanging around with my hazards on waiting for some guy to come and meet me.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Airport Parking on 11:29 - Nov 8 with 1536 viewsrosseden

im currently in the canaries, my car is in there, I fly out of stansted at least twice a year for hols, tend to use other airports more often for work.

Stansted M&G which is operated in house by them has its own 'car park', second entrance along after short stay, you pull into a bay, it videos your car and lets you through ANPR, then drive to a numbered lane, bags out, keys into the office, get your receipt and away you go, never taken me more than 5 mins from pulling up to being in the lift to the terminal.

When you come back, cars already waiting for you, hand in receipt, get keys, away you go.

I wouldnt use any other service now from that particular airport tbh..... just make sure its their official one, not Dave from Essex who just borrows your car for a week......
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 11:31]

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Airport Parking on 11:30 - Nov 8 with 1522 viewsSWGF

I've done it a fair few times at various airports; it's a godsend when you've got little kids and umpteen suitcases.

Can't remember there being a problem. The ones I use at Gatwick are particularly good. I think I may have had a wait on the pickup at Stansted once, but nothing major that springs to mind.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 11:32]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Airport Parking on 11:31 - Nov 8 with 1523 viewsKieran_Knows

Done it once before at Stansted. Had to call them when I had got to McDonald's and within 5 minutes of me pulling up at the entrance they had arrived as well. Think they were called Orange Parking, although I'm not sure if they're still going now.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Airport Parking on 11:32 - Nov 8 with 1509 viewsclive_baker

Airport Parking on 11:29 - Nov 8 by rosseden

im currently in the canaries, my car is in there, I fly out of stansted at least twice a year for hols, tend to use other airports more often for work.

Stansted M&G which is operated in house by them has its own 'car park', second entrance along after short stay, you pull into a bay, it videos your car and lets you through ANPR, then drive to a numbered lane, bags out, keys into the office, get your receipt and away you go, never taken me more than 5 mins from pulling up to being in the lift to the terminal.

When you come back, cars already waiting for you, hand in receipt, get keys, away you go.

I wouldnt use any other service now from that particular airport tbh..... just make sure its their official one, not Dave from Essex who just borrows your car for a week......
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 11:31]

Marvellous, i'll give it a whirl. Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciate it.

Enjoy the rest of your hols.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Airport Parking on 11:33 - Nov 8 with 1501 viewsrosseden

Airport Parking on 11:32 - Nov 8 by clive_baker

Marvellous, i'll give it a whirl. Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciate it.

Enjoy the rest of your hols.

no worries, worth getting the ryanair app, sometimes they do cheap as chips deals on the official M&G..... just be careful about the non official ones, theyre the ones you hear the horror stories about!

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Airport Parking on 11:36 - Nov 8 with 1495 viewsJakeITFC

It is very good and easy, and as a man who hates Stansted Airport with all of my being, that is high praise indeed.
Airport Parking on 11:55 - Nov 8 with 1451 viewsWallingford_Boy

Did it with the official Heathrow meet and greet last month.

Car came back damaged (not that bad, small dent and scratches), we couldn't prove it was them, so we lost out.

They took photos before and after, but the marks didn't really show up, so waste of time.

RIP Sir Bobby

Airport Parking on 13:23 - Nov 8 with 1364 viewsfactual_blue

There's probably a Moose Meet and Gore parking service, in which you're met at the airport, a moose takes your car keys and calls an ambulance to deal with the severe abdominal injury his antlers give you.

You never see your car again.

£15.99, plus VAT (hospital fees extra).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Airport Parking on 13:42 - Nov 8 with 1340 viewsGlasgowBlue

I have used the Birmingham and Manchester Meet & Greet and both have been very reliable.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Airport Parking on 14:00 - Nov 8 with 1308 viewsjeera

Airport Parking on 11:31 - Nov 8 by Kieran_Knows

Done it once before at Stansted. Had to call them when I had got to McDonald's and within 5 minutes of me pulling up at the entrance they had arrived as well. Think they were called Orange Parking, although I'm not sure if they're still going now.

That sounds like Dave from Essex.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Airport Parking on 17:00 - Nov 8 with 1228 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I used the Stansted one earlier this summer and it was really easy. No idea where my car was parked while I was away though....

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024