Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Centerplate 08:41 - Nov 2 with 1318 viewsuefacup81

What's the deal with these idiots?

Do we pay them to run the catering operation, or do they pay us for the privilege of having the contract?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Centerplate on 08:45 - Nov 2 with 1307 viewsITFC_Forever

Obviously, we pay them to provide the service.

Not sure how people can't get their heads round the concept that serving 15000 people in 15 minutes is very difficult to do.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Centerplate on 08:49 - Nov 2 with 1290 viewsReuser_is_God

Centerplate on 08:45 - Nov 2 by ITFC_Forever

Obviously, we pay them to provide the service.

Not sure how people can't get their heads round the concept that serving 15000 people in 15 minutes is very difficult to do.

Every other club seem to be able to do it okay.

Agree though, far more important things to worry about.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Centerplate on 08:57 - Nov 2 with 1258 viewsGuthrum

Centerplate on 08:49 - Nov 2 by Reuser_is_God

Not sure that's true. Most away grounds I've been to there are still people queueing just as the second half is about to start (let alone having time to finish your beer).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Centerplate on 08:58 - Nov 2 with 1253 viewsartsbossbeard

In fairness, other clubs struggle but we really are top of the league for this. Yey!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Centerplate on 09:04 - Nov 2 with 1226 viewsKieran_Knows

Centerplate on 08:58 - Nov 2 by artsbossbeard

In fairness, other clubs struggle but we really are top of the league for this. Yey!

Say we are top of the league, say we are top of the league!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Centerplate on 09:07 - Nov 2 with 1216 viewshoppy

Centerplate on 09:04 - Nov 2 by Kieran_Knows

I’ll drink to that... well, I would...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Centerplate on 09:11 - Nov 2 with 1205 viewsartsbossbeard

Centerplate on 09:04 - Nov 2 by Kieran_Knows

I'm not sure I've mentioned this on here but I was over in LA recently and went to The Staples Centre to watch The Kings play Ice Hockey.

Anyhoo, I got caught short and happened to be on the food & drink concourse just prior to a period end.

In typical USA grandeur, a chap with a megaphone shouts "action stations!" and the catering staff are all ready to roll. Order at one of the till, grab your ticket and pick up your food/drink at the other end of the till. Beers are pre poured in a fridge, in a plastic pint or half pint with LA Kings emblazoned on it with a lid too for ease of carrying. If you buy more than 1 drink, you get given a disposable tray.

Back to seat with drink and nachos within 5mins.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Centerplate on 09:21 - Nov 2 with 1164 viewsGuthrum

Centerplate on 09:11 - Nov 2 by artsbossbeard

I'm not sure I've mentioned this on here but I was over in LA recently and went to The Staples Centre to watch The Kings play Ice Hockey.

Anyhoo, I got caught short and happened to be on the food & drink concourse just prior to a period end.

In typical USA grandeur, a chap with a megaphone shouts "action stations!" and the catering staff are all ready to roll. Order at one of the till, grab your ticket and pick up your food/drink at the other end of the till. Beers are pre poured in a fridge, in a plastic pint or half pint with LA Kings emblazoned on it with a lid too for ease of carrying. If you buy more than 1 drink, you get given a disposable tray.

There's a key element in there: 'Back to seat with drink ...'

UK football stadium laws mean all alcohol must be consumed out of sight of the pitch, i.e. during half-time itself. This means there is an enormous rush in the first few minutes which overloads the system and cramped concourses are packed with people consuming what they've bought (and thus in the way) rather than dispersing back into the arena. Tempers fray as the clock ticks down to the restart.

My experience of going to the rugby is very different, as you can go and get a drink at any time and take it back to your seat (so you only miss the few minutes buying time, not the drinking time as well).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Centerplate on 09:26 - Nov 2 with 1147 viewsITFC_Forever

Not that I've noticed they don't.

Every away game I go to, there is still a massive queue at the end of half-time.

I would actually say there is much less of a queue in the SBRL at the end of halftime, although I appreciate that's no good if you want alcohol or if they've run out of bovril.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Centerplate on 09:31 - Nov 2 with 1125 viewsfactual_blue

Centerplate on 09:11 - Nov 2 by artsbossbeard

You realise that the pre-poured pints are filled by a machine linked to the down pipe from the urinals?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Centerplate on 09:37 - Nov 2 with 1109 viewshoppy

Centerplate on 09:31 - Nov 2 by factual_blue

You realise that the pre-poured pints are filled by a machine linked to the down pipe from the urinals?

That’s the lager accounted for then.. I suppose it’s straight into the fridge to take the warmth off a bit?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024