Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few observations on the “Hurst saga/era” 21:49 - Oct 25 with 987 viewsEly_Blue

I know that hindsight is a wonderful thing but I do wonder if part of the problem stems from the initial saga and process when recruiting Hurst

Think back to May when we interviewed numerous people and we are lead to believe we’re interested but never offered the job to anyone else. The public courting and open talk by Evans that Hurst was effectively the man he wanted for the job, despite being impressed with Jack Ross, seems to have had an effect that PH was almost seen as the golden choice that Evena hung all of his hopes on.

One can only imagine that this had given Hurst a sense that he was the messiah and he could do what he wanted, I think that whole saga was where the problems started.

Talking to a colleague of mine today at lunchtime before the sacking was made public he asked me whether he thought that we would turn it around/whether Hurst could start to get some results, I had to admit that there was no was no way that I could see that happening and that is why he had to go.

Another interesting musing that people bandied around in the last weeks was that we never got thrashed by anyone, nobody scored more than 2 against us in those 15 games......... in my opinion no team needed to thrash us as with a 2 goal lead there was little chance that anyone was getting beaten as we really offered nothing whatsoever upfront.

The whole era needs to be swept aside, forgotten. It has happened and yes it may well take some time to recover from and get the team back to having a core of championship ready players, hopefully we can get some of our youngsters back in January, add a couple of experienced players and stay up, ready to fully rebuild in the summer

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

A few observations on the “Hurst saga/era” on 21:59 - Oct 25 with 885 viewsPJH

Agree with all that.
Hurst rightly or wrongly got the impression that it was out with the old and in with the new-when he got a little bit of money to spend I likened him(in a PM)to a kid that had just got a huge increase in pocket money.

I agree that there was no indication that he was capable of turning around.

Also agree that in most games whilst we were only one down there was a chance that a point might be nicked two goals was enough to have us beaten-some of the games could have been thrashings if the opposition had bothered to follow through.
Our only chance of points seemed to be if the opposition got complacent.

The Hurst era just needs to be forgotten and we need to hope that it has not damaged our season beyond repair-the decision has been made in time to give us a reasonable chance of salvaging the season.
A few observations on the “Hurst saga/era” on 22:07 - Oct 25 with 827 viewsEly_Blue

A few observations on the “Hurst saga/era” on 21:59 - Oct 25 by PJH

Agree with all that.
Hurst rightly or wrongly got the impression that it was out with the old and in with the new-when he got a little bit of money to spend I likened him(in a PM)to a kid that had just got a huge increase in pocket money.

I agree that there was no indication that he was capable of turning around.

Also agree that in most games whilst we were only one down there was a chance that a point might be nicked two goals was enough to have us beaten-some of the games could have been thrashings if the opposition had bothered to follow through.
Our only chance of points seemed to be if the opposition got complacent.

The Hurst era just needs to be forgotten and we need to hope that it has not damaged our season beyond repair-the decision has been made in time to give us a reasonable chance of salvaging the season.

I agree on the last bit too, You have to give Evans the credit at this point of the season so early in the reign of his new man that he courted for so long that he obviously said enough is enough

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024