Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just thinking how Stoke City played the end of last season 21:17 - Oct 25 with 1532 viewschristiand

They were a shambles. I don’t really care about the Norwich connection regarding Lambert, but he’s been massively underwhelming in his recent managerial jobs with Stoke and Aston Villa. If he keeps us up great, but I’m far from impressed he seems the current front runner.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Just thinking how Stoke City played the end of last season on 21:21 - Oct 25 with 1504 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They were a shambles pre-lambert and have been a shambles after. I don't think Lambert can carry the can for Stokes position.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Just thinking how Stoke City played the end of last season on 21:23 - Oct 25 with 1476 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Just thinking how Stoke City played the end of last season on 21:21 - Oct 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

They were a shambles pre-lambert and have been a shambles after. I don't think Lambert can carry the can for Stokes position.

Exactly. I spent a lot of time there last season and they were a mess from the start.
Lambert had little or nothing to do with it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Just thinking how Stoke City played the end of last season on 21:26 - Oct 25 with 1439 viewsLeagueOne

If you look who Evans was sniffing around, it was a who's who of sh1t either way. Lambert is probably the best choice out of that collective of losers.

I dread what's coming next. If we get relegated with a Nodger managing us, Evans is going to look back on these days as when he was relatively popular by comparison. If we couldn't accept Andy Marshall for gods sakes, why would we ever accept the scummer in chief, play for time, diving expert, disloyal, cretin that is Paul Lambert. He's utterly loathsome and it just shows the level of disconnect Evans has with this club for me.

We'll still go down.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Just thinking how Stoke City played the end of last season on 21:30 - Oct 25 with 1386 viewschristiand

Just thinking how Stoke City played the end of last season on 21:21 - Oct 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

The way they played towards the end of last season was very much him, nothing between the defence and attack. It was painful viewing and I’m no Stoke fan, they looked shocking. If that’s what’s coming here, God help us we’ll be confirmed a League One side by February!!

Just thinking how Stoke City played the end of last season on 21:34 - Oct 25 with 1343 viewsNo9

Just thinking how Stoke City played the end of last season on 21:26 - Oct 25 by LeagueOne

If you look who Evans was sniffing around, it was a who's who of sh1t either way. Lambert is probably the best choice out of that collective of losers.

I dread what's coming next. If we get relegated with a Nodger managing us, Evans is going to look back on these days as when he was relatively popular by comparison. If we couldn't accept Andy Marshall for gods sakes, why would we ever accept the scummer in chief, play for time, diving expert, disloyal, cretin that is Paul Lambert. He's utterly loathsome and it just shows the level of disconnect Evans has with this club for me.

We'll still go down.

"I dread what's coming next. If we get relegated with a Nodger managing us, "

You are correct, the sh!t coming from the budgies will be intolerable.
But it shows how out of touch the Owner & his advisors are if they don't understand that and the problems it will cause in local derbies.

Maybe he can't get anyone else to grab what is becoming a poisenous chalice.
Just thinking how Stoke City played the end of last season on 21:42 - Oct 25 with 1285 viewschristiand

Just thinking how Stoke City played the end of last season on 21:30 - Oct 25 by christiand

The way they played towards the end of last season was very much him, nothing between the defence and attack. It was painful viewing and I’m no Stoke fan, they looked shocking. If that’s what’s coming here, God help us we’ll be confirmed a League One side by February!!

Truth hurts? Let’s downvote then it’s not true and it didn’t happen!!! Well played. 🤔
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 21:48]

Just thinking how Stoke City played the end of last season on 21:49 - Oct 25 with 1220 viewsChe

Just thinking how Stoke City played the end of last season on 21:26 - Oct 25 by LeagueOne

We'll still go down.

In my 50 odd years of following a Ipswich lambert is one of the best manages producing the most exciting Norwich team I have seen. He doesn't support them he went there as their manager and was successful. Anyway I don't get this hate people because they played for Norwich crap.
Bruce scored a great goal against us sent them to Wembley well peed me off that night but it doesn't preclude him managing us.
If I had been good enough to be a professional footballer and it was Norwich who signed me I would have gone. It's an adult forum not the school playground.
Just thinking how Stoke City played the end of last season on 21:55 - Oct 25 with 1167 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just thinking how Stoke City played the end of last season on 21:49 - Oct 25 by Che

In my 50 odd years of following a Ipswich lambert is one of the best manages producing the most exciting Norwich team I have seen. He doesn't support them he went there as their manager and was successful. Anyway I don't get this hate people because they played for Norwich crap.
Bruce scored a great goal against us sent them to Wembley well peed me off that night but it doesn't preclude him managing us.
If I had been good enough to be a professional footballer and it was Norwich who signed me I would have gone. It's an adult forum not the school playground.

"It's an adult forum not the school playground."

Are you new here?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Just thinking how Stoke City played the end of last season on 23:04 - Oct 25 with 1046 viewsHugoagogo

In the many, many years I've been watching football, I've come to the opinion that even the best managers can have the wrong group of players at the wrong time in the wrong circumstances or any 1 wrong with any 2 of the rights and things don't work.

See Mourinho at Chelsea, then compare with Mourinho at Man Utd or Lambert at Norwich and Lambert at Stoke.

Getting the perfect storm is pure luck. Two out of three ain't bad, but Hurst barely scored one out of three.

It's a lottery, every time, regardless of the candidate's calibre.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024