Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project 15:10 - Oct 23 with 2197 viewshadleighboyblue

Just surviving this season was the realistic aim , so are we being a tad hasty in wanting change .

I think some comments are getting a bit nasty , a trend that started last season and seems to be continuing early this season .

We all want what's best for ITFC and of course the club is more important than any player or manager .

All the inside information might or might not be true , but there are 2 sides to things - if PH has fallen out with some players , is it his fault or the players fault - we don't know .

It felt on Saturday as if the players were not playing with much belief or passion - again is that down to the manager or the players , probably a bit of both .

The selection of 3 defenders out of position and 2 internationals not making the team seems crazy , but maybe , just maybe the attitude of some players is causing some of our problems . Why would a manager leave 2 experienced players out ?

I still think that ME has to take some blame for where we are , were PH's hands tied with regards the sale of players and the recruitment of new players . Of course we have no way of knowing .

An inexperienced manager could probably have benefitted from some experienced help from someone with good knowledge of football at this level , ME and Milne don't have that experience .

Would some fans want us to win the next 3 games , or would they prefer us to lose if it meant PH went …………….just asking !
Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 15:18 - Oct 23 with 2184 viewsGeoffSentence

ME now has nearly ten years experience of running a club. It has all been at this level. And since you learn from your mistakes it has been very good experience. So I don't agree with your point that ME doesn't have the necessary football experience.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 17:16 - Oct 23 with 2100 viewsGuthrum

That's fine as long as we do survive (in this division). Currently, we are on course not to.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 17:46 - Oct 23 with 2073 viewsoldollie

Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 17:16 - Oct 23 by Guthrum

That's fine as long as we do survive (in this division). Currently, we are on course not to.

There are a few whingers on here wanting him out but everyone I sit next to on match day wants him to be given much more time
Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 17:49 - Oct 23 with 2062 viewsHereford_Blue

Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 17:46 - Oct 23 by oldollie

There are a few whingers on here wanting him out but everyone I sit next to on match day wants him to be given much more time

You don't sit next to his family by any chance do you?
Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 18:12 - Oct 23 with 2037 viewsm14_blue

Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 17:16 - Oct 23 by Guthrum

I think even then there needs to be a clear plan and direction of travel.

I'm not too worried about our league position at the moment - it's still incredibly early - what does worry me is the lack of any coherent approach.

It's just all so chaotic. Players out of position, more loan players than we can field, internationals sitting on the bench and numerous changes to personnel, style and formation with every game.
Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 19:16 - Oct 23 with 1989 viewsRegencyBlue

Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 17:46 - Oct 23 by oldollie

You don’t sit in Carrow Road by any chance do you?
Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 21:40 - Oct 23 with 1910 viewspointofblue

Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 15:18 - Oct 23 by GeoffSentence

ME now has nearly ten years experience of running a club. It has all been at this level. And since you learn from your mistakes it has been very good experience. So I don't agree with your point that ME doesn't have the necessary football experience.

ME has nearly ten years of running the club on paper but wasn't it widely said that Mick took control of practically every aspect of the footballing side whilst here? Hurst doesn't have the experience at this level and seemingly an over-confidence in his own abilities to think that he's right and everyone else is wrong, which is an unhealthy combination. Mick had repeated success at this level to buy respect - Hurst hasn't.

The Damned United? The Damned Town.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 21:41]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 22:22 - Oct 23 with 1865 viewsr1griff

mcg wage demands where to high for a player that was injured most of the season also the other 3 wanted to leave which was also because they where offered more money and has anyone thought that maybe ph could not get any championship players because the wages are to low for what they expect hence hes recruited from the lower divisions as i think he was told and given a pay structure by ME and if this is the case then even if ph is sacked what chance has any other manager got
Login to get fewer ads

Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 22:25 - Oct 23 with 1847 viewsHennikerBlu

Is that in the Barclay stand?

Man up nodger!
Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 22:27 - Oct 23 with 1837 viewsHennikerBlu

Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 17:49 - Oct 23 by Hereford_Blue

You don't sit next to his family by any chance do you?

He sits with his sisters, they watch from a lily pad on the Broads.
Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 22:27 - Oct 23 with 1831 viewsHarry_Palmer

Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 19:16 - Oct 23 by RegencyBlue

You don’t sit in Carrow Road by any chance do you?

Funny you should say that.....

.....yes he does
Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 22:31 - Oct 23 with 1815 viewsjeera

I see we have posters up-voting this obvious budgie.

Christ.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 22:35 - Oct 23 with 1796 viewsjeera

Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 22:31 - Oct 23 by jeera

I see we have posters up-voting this obvious budgie.

Christ.

Feck me, now one of them's down-voting me!

What's wrong with you?

Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 22:37 - Oct 23 with 1779 viewsCurrie10

Of course I'd want us to win the next 3 and get 9 points.

Anyone, irrespective of their views should want this.
Appointment of PH was always looked at as a long term project on 22:47 - Oct 23 with 1745 viewsjeera

Who's this Ollie?

"The Norwich model of cheap Germans and academy kids seems to be paying off"

"It always hurts after a humiliating home defeat that leaves you bottom of the league .."

"Gorgeous Alan Pardew plenty of experience and has the personality to turn this situation around - I commend him to you"

"I was thinking Joe Royale (sic)"

"They [Norwich] have a clear strategy of self funding so they have to produce youngsters but there is a clear and understood by all "

"Since then Norwich have kicked in and are sitting in the play offs and well the less said the better "

"2 bang average teams in the Derby Naaarwich seem to have kicked on and our feckless manager hasn't a clue"

"Norwich win against boro, Just to add insult to injury"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024