Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A frightening view of football. No wonder we can’t compete. 21:46 - Oct 18 with 1920 viewsPlums

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

A frightening view of football. No wonder we can’t compete. on 21:58 - Oct 18 with 1847 viewsHerbivore

We could've competed in 1992. ME was 20 years too late.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A frightening view of football. No wonder we can’t compete. on 22:02 - Oct 18 with 1841 viewsm14_blue

Luke Shaw has just signed a 5 year contract worth 190k a week.

Luke Shaw.
A frightening view of football. No wonder we can’t compete. on 22:06 - Oct 18 with 1821 viewsstickymockwell

Luke Shaw’s new contract today is worth the same as the entire wage bill of 1992.
Although if you go back another 26 years to 1966 the average top flight player was on 44 quid.
http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/01/20/from-20-to-33868-per-week-a-quick
[Post edited 18 Oct 2018 22:10]

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

A frightening view of football. No wonder we can’t compete. on 22:11 - Oct 18 with 1803 viewsPlums

A frightening view of football. No wonder we can’t compete. on 22:02 - Oct 18 by m14_blue

Luke Shaw has just signed a 5 year contract worth 190k a week.

Luke Shaw.

Good for him but I can’t help wondering when it’s going to disappear up its own backside. Surely this isn’t sustainable.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.

A frightening view of football. No wonder we can’t compete. on 22:16 - Oct 18 with 1784 viewsjaykay

A frightening view of football. No wonder we can’t compete. on 22:11 - Oct 18 by Plums

Good for him but I can’t help wondering when it’s going to disappear up its own backside. Surely this isn’t sustainable.

to think i am young enough to remember johnny haynes becoming the first £100 a week a player

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

A frightening view of football. No wonder we can’t compete. on 22:30 - Oct 18 with 1744 viewsbournemouthblue

A frightening view of football. No wonder we can’t compete. on 22:11 - Oct 18 by Plums

If the super rich remain involved in it then anything is sustainable really

There doesn't seem to be any sign of it stopping currently?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

A frightening view of football. No wonder we can’t compete. on 23:29 - Oct 18 with 1657 viewsElderGrizzly

A couple more here, including That lot...

A frightening view of football. No wonder we can’t compete. on 23:58 - Oct 18 with 1621 viewsTractorWood

A frightening view of football. No wonder we can’t compete. on 22:30 - Oct 18 by bournemouthblue

If the super rich remain involved in it then anything is sustainable really

There doesn't seem to be any sign of it stopping currently?

The super rich own these clubs because of the huge international broadcast revenues. Most Prem clubs made profits last year so the economic model works as long as people keep lapping up the product.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

A frightening view of football. No wonder we can’t compete. on 13:07 - Oct 19 with 1326 viewsPlums

A frightening view of football. No wonder we can’t compete. on 23:29 - Oct 18 by ElderGrizzly

A couple more here, including That lot...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024