Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away Day Etiquette... 20:09 - Oct 13 with 12554 viewsDavidDymondSuperfan

Doing my first away day soon and wondered how religiously people stuck to the seats on their tickets? Do people just work it out amongst themselves? standers to the back, sitters to the front, in a first come first served arrangement, or do stewards make you sit where your ticket says, no exceptions?
Away Day Etiquette... on 11:23 - Oct 15 with 1684 viewsReuser_is_God

Away Day Etiquette... on 11:21 - Oct 15 by Kieran_Knows

You loved that day, didn't you?

“Stand up you cnts”

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Away Day Etiquette... on 11:39 - Oct 15 with 1659 viewsKieran_Knows

Away Day Etiquette... on 11:23 - Oct 15 by Reuser_is_God

“Stand up you cnts”

Will live long in the memory that.

Good pie though.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Away Day Etiquette... on 11:45 - Oct 15 with 1655 viewsReuser_is_God

Away Day Etiquette... on 11:39 - Oct 15 by Kieran_Knows

Will live long in the memory that.

Good pie though.

Cracking pie.

Evans out

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:15 - Oct 15 with 1633 viewsCC_Blues

Away Day Etiquette... on 16:48 - Oct 14 by textbackup

yeah, but, northern games with like 300-700 are the better class of fan, aren't they?

Numbskulls like you ruin it for everyone else.
Away Day Etiquette... on 12:25 - Oct 15 with 1624 viewsmaccyd9

Away Day Etiquette... on 09:35 - Oct 14 by TractorWood

Remember Rotherham away about 4 years ago. We took 1,700 and 1,600 sat down tutting for 90 minutes.

Our away support anything North of Cambridge is hideous and is far more of a reason not to go than the football.

Taking football totally out of it, I get so envious of the away days that the likes of Leeds/Man Utd etc have. Just everyone going for it.

I can't imagine I'll do many more aways that aren't London, Scum or as someone said, season defining.

Roll on Millwall.
Away Day Etiquette... on 12:27 - Oct 15 with 1618 viewsCC_Blues

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:25 - Oct 15 by maccyd9

Our away support anything North of Cambridge is hideous and is far more of a reason not to go than the football.

Taking football totally out of it, I get so envious of the away days that the likes of Leeds/Man Utd etc have. Just everyone going for it.

I can't imagine I'll do many more aways that aren't London, Scum or as someone said, season defining.

Roll on Millwall.

London away just seems to bring out the 'mob' and numbskulls through. Makes it far more aggressive that it needs to be
Away Day Etiquette... on 12:27 - Oct 15 with 1617 viewsKieran_Knows

Roll on Millwall.

Agree with all this.

See you at Millwall buh.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2018 12:27]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:29 - Oct 15 with 1612 viewsReuser_is_God

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:27 - Oct 15 by CC_Blues

London away just seems to bring out the 'mob' and numbskulls through. Makes it far more aggressive that it needs to be

Aggressive?

Genuinely never heard ITFC fans described as aggressive before.

Evans out

Login to get fewer ads

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:29 - Oct 15 with 1612 viewsnsblu1

Roll on Millwall.

Uppa Towen
Away Day Etiquette... on 12:31 - Oct 15 with 1608 viewsCC_Blues

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:29 - Oct 15 by Reuser_is_God

Aggressive?

Genuinely never heard ITFC fans described as aggressive before.

Brentford away last season, wholly uncalled for.

A load of lager swilling middle aged men all thinking they are from Football Factory or similar
Away Day Etiquette... on 12:33 - Oct 15 with 1600 viewsnsblu1

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:31 - Oct 15 by CC_Blues

A load of lager swilling middle aged men all thinking they are from Football Factory or similar

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:34 - Oct 15 with 1595 viewsCC_Blues

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:33 - Oct 15 by nsblu1

Why is that funny?
Away Day Etiquette... on 12:35 - Oct 15 with 1590 viewsnsblu1

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:34 - Oct 15 by CC_Blues

Why is that funny?

Just bet your a right laugh on an away day aren't you
Away Day Etiquette... on 12:47 - Oct 15 with 1562 viewsCC_Blues

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:35 - Oct 15 by nsblu1

Just bet your a right laugh on an away day aren't you

Grow up!
Away Day Etiquette... on 12:53 - Oct 15 with 1546 viewsFreddiesearsismagic

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:47 - Oct 15 by CC_Blues

Grow up!

Can’t imagine nsblu1 will just sit there and take that 👀
Away Day Etiquette... on 12:54 - Oct 15 with 1543 viewsReuser_is_God

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:53 - Oct 15 by Freddiesearsismagic

Oh look it's Bannerboy.

Evans out

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:57 - Oct 15 with 1538 viewsSW17Blue

I think there are a couple of things to consider here. Football clubs and their fans tend to be judged on the atmosphere/noise produced. The players themselves (correct me if I'm wrong!) always mention how they want to be playing in front of/at grounds that are louder. Has anyone considered the players might prefer a so called 'London Away Day' even if those that would prefer to sit quietly don't?
Away Day Etiquette... on 12:57 - Oct 15 with 1535 viewsFreddiesearsismagic

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:54 - Oct 15 by Reuser_is_God

Oh look it's Bannerboy.

No autographs
Away Day Etiquette... on 12:57 - Oct 15 with 1535 viewsmaccyd9

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:31 - Oct 15 by CC_Blues

Not everyone that goes to football are the same. For me, those that go and sit on the hands all game are the worst type of fan....but that's just my opinion.

I'm also pretty certain the club would appreciate a more stereotypical "middle aged lager swigging" following.

MM used to laud Millwall's home support and our following is renowned for being sterile.

Ask any player who they'd rather play in front of on a weekly basis and you'd get the same answers...Millwall, Leeds, Newcastle etc. Clubs with a notoriously vociferous lads following.
Away Day Etiquette... on 12:57 - Oct 15 with 1531 viewsBlueWharf

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:54 - Oct 15 by Reuser_is_God

Oh look it's Bannerboy.

Can't imagine Banner boy will take that
Away Day Etiquette... on 13:00 - Oct 15 with 1521 viewstextbackup

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:53 - Oct 15 by Freddiesearsismagic

He hasn’t got that flag making nonce backing him up, he’s in Spain slapping old women.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Away Day Etiquette... on 13:00 - Oct 15 with 1518 viewsmaccyd9

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:57 - Oct 15 by SW17Blue

I think there are a couple of things to consider here. Football clubs and their fans tend to be judged on the atmosphere/noise produced. The players themselves (correct me if I'm wrong!) always mention how they want to be playing in front of/at grounds that are louder. Has anyone considered the players might prefer a so called 'London Away Day' even if those that would prefer to sit quietly don't?

Beat me to it and totally agree.
Away Day Etiquette... on 13:02 - Oct 15 with 1513 viewsFreddiesearsismagic

Away Day Etiquette... on 13:00 - Oct 15 by textbackup

He hasn’t got that flag making nonce backing him up, he’s in Spain slapping old women.

Good, I should be able to see the players coming out on Saturday without that flag blocking my view of some men walking out of a tunnel, it’s the highlight of my weekend
Away Day Etiquette... on 13:02 - Oct 15 with 1513 viewsSW17Blue

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:57 - Oct 15 by maccyd9

Not everyone that goes to football are the same. For me, those that go and sit on the hands all game are the worst type of fan....but that's just my opinion.

I'm also pretty certain the club would appreciate a more stereotypical "middle aged lager swigging" following.

MM used to laud Millwall's home support and our following is renowned for being sterile.

Ask any player who they'd rather play in front of on a weekly basis and you'd get the same answers...Millwall, Leeds, Newcastle etc. Clubs with a notoriously vociferous lads following.

Same as the above point. I agree players, 100% would prefer to play in front of a more boisterous following. I think the 'refined' fans might not have thought that the players would probably be more likely to be in amongst those 'middle aged men' if they weren't on the field.
Away Day Etiquette... on 13:03 - Oct 15 with 1510 viewsReuser_is_God

Away Day Etiquette... on 12:57 - Oct 15 by maccyd9

Numbskull.

Evans out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024