Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If our manager is deemed not up to it and gets the sack 21:32 - Sep 28 with 1663 viewsSimonds92

Does anyone care? I dont personally care if we have a reputation for giving managers time. Brenner last week seemed to think it was a good thing to give managers loads of time, is there any proof this is successful long term other than 30 odd years ago. Id be mpre than happy being like Watford if we were successful. Palace sacked their manager after 4 games but it saved the club from relegation. Sunderland did it and avoided relegation season after season with a terrible squad of players. I dont like the almost stuck up attitude that we're too nice or traditional to do that we have to do whats right for the club even if it means sacking a manager 10/11/12 games in.
If our manager is deemed not up to it and gets the sack on 21:36 - Sep 28 with 1650 viewsitfcjoe

I think it has to be done on a case by case basis - if someone is the wrong fit then giving them time won't make it better necessarily

I'd much prefer Hurst to get time, because it means he is succeeding, but I don't expect that to happen

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 21:52 - Sep 28 with 1603 views_

If our manager is deemed not up to it and gets the sack on 21:55 - Sep 28 with 1582 viewsJ2BLUE

I would care. The ideal solution is for us to get a couple of wins, get some confidence and never look back as we safely consolidate in mid table for the season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If our manager is deemed not up to it and gets the sack on 21:55 - Sep 28 with 1583 viewsVic

on 21:52 - Sep 28 by _

“It's tricky, due to the mismanagement above Hurst ...”

Are you suggesting that the signings weren’t Hursts own choices?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

If our manager is deemed not up to it and gets the sack on 22:03 - Sep 28 with 1536 viewsBloomBlue

We've often got the sackings wrong. A good example being failing to sack Burley at Christmas during that last season in the prem, if we had we would still be in the prem, whereas Leicester got it spot on.
on 22:06 - Sep 28 with 1523 views_

If our manager is deemed not up to it and gets the sack on 21:55 - Sep 28 by Vic

“It's tricky, due to the mismanagement above Hurst ...”

Are you suggesting that the signings weren’t Hursts own choices?

If our manager is deemed not up to it and gets the sack on 22:07 - Sep 28 with 1509 viewsDeano69

Not sure there will a queue round the block to take the job on.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

If our manager is deemed not up to it and gets the sack on 22:13 - Sep 28 with 1489 viewsVic

on 22:06 - Sep 28 by _

I see what you mean, but we haven’t had that person before and we haven’t been in this situation before.

Personally I think that for all the statements about football being the same in any league, etc, PH has either misjudged the quality needed in this league or the ability of the players he’s signed to adapt to league. He may have got away with it had we got a few more points but now it seems, like several of us warned, that confidences has been drained from too many of the players stepping up. It will be a hard, hard road back from here.

Login to get fewer ads

on 22:16 - Sep 28 with 1465 views_

If our manager is deemed not up to it and gets the sack on 22:13 - Sep 28 by Vic

I see what you mean, but we haven’t had that person before and we haven’t been in this situation before.

Personally I think that for all the statements about football being the same in any league, etc, PH has either misjudged the quality needed in this league or the ability of the players he’s signed to adapt to league. He may have got away with it had we got a few more points but now it seems, like several of us warned, that confidences has been drained from too many of the players stepping up. It will be a hard, hard road back from here.

If our manager is deemed not up to it and gets the sack on 22:22 - Sep 28 with 1445 viewsVic

on 22:16 - Sep 28 by _

I’m not sure we’ve had chairmen or CIO’s checking out and advising the manager on the players he wants to sign have we?

Your comment re Walters - that’s the first I’d heard that (but I have been on holiday for a few days). Is that for real?

on 22:24 - Sep 28 with 1434 views_

If our manager is deemed not up to it and gets the sack on 22:22 - Sep 28 by Vic

I’m not sure we’ve had chairmen or CIO’s checking out and advising the manager on the players he wants to sign have we?

Your comment re Walters - that’s the first I’d heard that (but I have been on holiday for a few days). Is that for real?

If our manager is deemed not up to it and gets the sack on 23:48 - Sep 28 with 1324 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 21:52 - Sep 28 by _

Absolutely this (if things don't change soon).

I think Burley, working more closely with Klug and utilising the youngsters, might be our only hope. Burley's been there and done it, loves the club, has the Ipswich way running through his blood, would have all the fans onside immediately...

Perhaps with Keiron Dyer in some capacity as well?

My main reservation would be he doesn't have Dale Roberts with him now, who I think was a bit of an unsung hero in that partnership.

But yeah, if Hurst goes I can't think of anyone better (who would actually want the job).

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If our manager is deemed not up to it and gets the sack on 00:06 - Sep 29 with 1297 viewsbraveblue

Alex Ferguson?
If our manager is deemed not up to it and gets the sack on 08:09 - Sep 29 with 1179 viewsCurrie10

I care yes.

I want any manager appointed as ITFC manager to be a roaring success.

I wanted Hurst, got him........ then yeah............

If it's time to go though, I'd rather us not waste 2-3 years and go down that road again.

We've been incredibly patient as a club in our entire history, and perhaps for once we could do with being a bit more forthright and decisive if there's a magnitude of reasons that warrant a sacking.
If our manager is deemed not up to it and gets the sack on 09:59 - Sep 29 with 1094 viewsKeaneish

Man united didn't and became the most successful English side in history.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024