Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO: Phil & Gav 13:34 - Sep 26 with 4044 viewsNazemariner

I'm all for a healthy debate, but some people on here need locking up!

They will argue that all opinions are acceptable, whether you agree with them or not, but i really think you should start banning forum members who continually post negative and divisive posts. It is, at times, making this website an unpleasant place to frequent.

I can't be the only person who feels this way can i? Adopting a Putin-esque approach must surely be the way forward.
FAO: Phil & Gav on 13:34 - Sep 26 with 3200 viewsStokieBlue

Pretty divisive post.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

FAO: Phil & Gav on 13:35 - Sep 26 with 3192 viewsKeno

SUQ!!

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

FAO: Phil & Gav on 13:39 - Sep 26 with 3181 viewsGavTWTD

I would have agreed with you in the first month, but when we've not had a win after 10 matches there's not a great deal to be positive about. If there's someone you find is exceptionally negative then put them on ignore. It works.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

FAO: Phil & Gav on 13:41 - Sep 26 with 3156 viewsJ2BLUE

FAO: Phil & Gav on 13:39 - Sep 26 by GavTWTD

I would have agreed with you in the first month, but when we've not had a win after 10 matches there's not a great deal to be positive about. If there's someone you find is exceptionally negative then put them on ignore. It works.

What'd Gav say? I can't see his posts.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:01 - Sep 26 with 3081 viewsNazemariner

There's not really any particular individuals, it's just the whole vibe man!

It's a bit like PR.....many are trying fulfill their role as "a supporter", whilst others are just hell bent on complaining, moaning and getting angry.

[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 14:06]
FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:04 - Sep 26 with 3065 viewsGavTWTD

FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:01 - Sep 26 by Nazemariner

It's a bit like PR.....many are trying fulfill their role as "a supporter", whilst others are just hell bent on complaining, moaning and getting angry.

Switch from football mode to general. Might be better, though perhaps not.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.

FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:08 - Sep 26 with 3044 viewsNazemariner

FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:04 - Sep 26 by GavTWTD

Switch from football mode to general. Might be better, though perhaps not.

Done that some time ago.

It got rid of the entitled "i told you so, Brexit brigade" but the footballing naysayers remain.
FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:09 - Sep 26 with 3038 viewsevansblue

FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:01 - Sep 26 by Nazemariner

It's a depressing place TWTD right now. I know the lack of a win is obviously an issue but seriously, the negativity and slating of the new manager is a joke as is the stupid rumours. I have spent two years defending Mick and I am now doing the same with Hurst. I think the key for me is turn up with my kids, meet my mates, have a few beers and a chat, cheer the team on then be done with it. Staying off social media and reading the mood draining posts is the way forward. It's just a game after all.
Login to get fewer ads

FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:11 - Sep 26 with 3034 viewsNazemariner

FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:09 - Sep 26 by evansblue

It's a depressing place TWTD right now. I know the lack of a win is obviously an issue but seriously, the negativity and slating of the new manager is a joke as is the stupid rumours. I have spent two years defending Mick and I am now doing the same with Hurst. I think the key for me is turn up with my kids, meet my mates, have a few beers and a chat, cheer the team on then be done with it. Staying off social media and reading the mood draining posts is the way forward. It's just a game after all.

Wise words!
FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:30 - Sep 26 with 2983 viewsRyorry

FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:11 - Sep 26 by Nazemariner

Wise words!

Except for -

"It's just a game after all"!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:32 - Sep 26 with 2982 viewsRyorry

Some go beyond acceptable tho - eg that one about jobseeking, which although I see has at least been deleted now, was up for 2-3 days iirc.

FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:40 - Sep 26 with 2956 viewsWonky

It's just old fashioned trolling (the net is no longer young), don't feed the troll!. Ignore, don't read.

I've no doubt this forum is well moderated within the rules outlined without needing to be heavy handed.
FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:48 - Sep 26 with 2930 viewsPhilTWTD

Not sure we can really start banning - or sending to the gulag - negative posters at a time when we've not won a game all season, might not be too many people left.

What I would say is not sure it's particularly wise for people to be repeating rumours on here as that can be potentially problematic for them and us.
FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:49 - Sep 26 with 2911 viewsSteve_M

FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:48 - Sep 26 by PhilTWTD

Not sure we can really start banning - or sending to the gulag - negative posters at a time when we've not won a game all season, might not be too many people left.

What I would say is not sure it's particularly wise for people to be repeating rumours on here as that can be potentially problematic for them and us.

Don't fancy Doig taking a press conference then Phil?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:57 - Sep 26 with 2881 viewsGavTWTD

FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:32 - Sep 26 by Ryorry

Some go beyond acceptable tho - eg that one about jobseeking, which although I see has at least been deleted now, was up for 2-3 days iirc.

A bit difficult to fact-check every post and it wasn't reported.

FAO: Phil & Gav on 15:10 - Sep 26 with 2854 viewsPhilTWTD

FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:49 - Sep 26 by Steve_M

Don't fancy Doig taking a press conference then Phil?

He did do a few at Shrewsbury but I suspect they'd not do anything other than put the manager up at the moment given the current run.
FAO: Phil & Gav on 15:13 - Sep 26 with 2834 viewsfactual_blue

Well, Phil has the right hairstyle for that approach.

*awaits red flashing light....*

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

FAO: Phil & Gav on 15:16 - Sep 26 with 2829 viewsRyorry

FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:57 - Sep 26 by GavTWTD

A bit difficult to fact-check every post and it wasn't reported.

Ah - did think you'd seen it, as it was near the top of p1 for ages, and frequently added to.

FAO: Phil & Gav on 15:25 - Sep 26 with 2807 viewsSamWhiteUK

FAO: Phil & Gav on 15:16 - Sep 26 by Ryorry

Ah - did think you'd seen it, as it was near the top of p1 for ages, and frequently added to.

What was the general gist? Missed that one. Was it football related? Not fussed if not!!
FAO: Phil & Gav on 15:46 - Sep 26 with 2754 viewsRyorry

FAO: Phil & Gav on 15:25 - Sep 26 by SamWhiteUK

What was the general gist? Missed that one. Was it football related? Not fussed if not!!

I'd say there were "legal ishoos" with it which were the reason for its removal, so as I've already got a headache and don't fancy a blow from the banhammer to "assist" it, check your PMs in 5 mins!

FAO: Phil & Gav on 16:40 - Sep 26 with 2668 viewsDeano69

FAO: Phil & Gav on 13:34 - Sep 26 by StokieBlue

Pretty divisive post.

SB

And very negative

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

FAO: Phil & Gav on 16:42 - Sep 26 with 2665 viewschicoazul

Nazemariner I am pretty sure you have posted here for a while so you must know this is nothing knew, and is simply the way things are. You may as well argue about the sky being blue.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

FAO: Phil & Gav on 16:54 - Sep 26 with 2612 viewsjeera

FAO: Phil & Gav on 16:42 - Sep 26 by chicoazul

Nazemariner I am pretty sure you have posted here for a while so you must know this is nothing knew, and is simply the way things are. You may as well argue about the sky being blue.

Is it really blue though.

It's accepted that refraction isn't the answer for a start isn't it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

FAO: Phil & Gav on 16:54 - Sep 26 with 2610 viewsjeera

FAO: Phil & Gav on 14:08 - Sep 26 by Nazemariner

Done that some time ago.

It got rid of the entitled "i told you so, Brexit brigade" but the footballing naysayers remain.

'Did'.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

FAO: Phil & Gav on 17:03 - Sep 26 with 2590 viewsHerbivore

Someone wants to be first against the wall. Down with Gav!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024