Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell 08:10 - Sep 26 with 5281 viewsMonkey_Blue

I watched the U23s game the other night. We showed what the first team lack. Lankester looked good, certainly good enough to be on the bench.. but Dozzell is what the team needs. I’m
All for data and making players as fit as possible but it seems PH is stuck in this ideas of stats. If Beattie were at the club now he’d never get a game under the current regime. We lack quality and Dozzell clearly has it. He needs to be in the side or at least in the bench. Half of that u23s side look like better players than the ones we’ve dragged from the lower leagues. You can’t argue the signings are working or say the youngsters aren’t ready.... the players we’ve signed don’t look ready for this level. We should have brought in fewer players but of a better quality. PH has shown little desire to use our home grown players. I’m sure the likes of emmanuel would have cost £1m if we were signing him from a league one club if you look at Donacien’s fee. I’d rather be incapable of scoring with our youngsters rather than a bunch of lower league journeymen. We are much further away from having 50% of the team from the academy than we’ve ever been. MM had much more faith in our younger players.
Andre Dozzell on 08:18 - Sep 26 with 5201 viewsBluefish

I think Dozzell will be in the squad for Saturday and possibly even start

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Andre Dozzell on 08:45 - Sep 26 with 5128 viewsJohnny_Boy

Andre Dozzell on 08:18 - Sep 26 by Bluefish

I've been a bit of a stuck-record with this regarding Andre.

Results are going to dictate Hurst introducing him to the first team squad.
Crying out for a creative attacking midfielder. Ditch the 2 X DM strategy.
Andre Dozzell on 08:50 - Sep 26 with 5098 viewsGuthrum

They weren't 'lower league journeymen', that's just making easy excuses for why our team isn't working. They were some of the brightest young prospects from among the best-performing teams in the lower divisions, lads several who were challenging for promotion last season. They're an important few years older and tens of League games more experienced than our youths.

Or they're genuinely experienced youth internationals (Chalobah and Edun). And I'm not talking the couple of appearances which Downes and Nydam have. Dozzell is the only one really comparable.

Finally on to him. Yes, I really hope it's getting to the stage he can be included. Given the number of U23 games he's played, his match fitness must be there or thereabouts. And, given Nolan's underperformance, he has to be worth a try.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Andre Dozzell on 08:50 - Sep 26 with 5091 viewsBasuco

While not disagreeing with anything you have said and I did not go to the U23 game, there is a big difference between a U23 game and a Championship game, likewise a few of us, me included, got a bit carried away with the performance in the West Ham friendly, there is significantly less intensity in these games. It should also be noted that it was against a League 1 side. In my opinion Town lack an advanced creative midfielder, it is this position that we have not had for some time, is Andre Dozzell up to filling it? I have not seen in his limited first team chances against Championship opposition to show he is a must play, but he maybe he deserves a chance as Jon Nolan had a very poor game against Bolton.
Andre Dozzell on 08:55 - Sep 26 with 5070 viewsLeoMuff

What I don’t is that if he is at risk of an acl rupture due to a specific weakness, why is he playing u23 ? Surely the risk is the same playing games ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Andre Dozzell on 08:57 - Sep 26 with 5053 viewsGuthrum

Andre Dozzell on 08:55 - Sep 26 by LeoMuff

What I don’t is that if he is at risk of an acl rupture due to a specific weakness, why is he playing u23 ? Surely the risk is the same playing games ?

Or, if it's that fragile, will he ever be able to withstand the intensity of a first-team game again?

Andre Dozzell on 09:11 - Sep 26 with 4990 viewsCoastalblue

I've not seen that much of Andre, though possibly no less than some of those lauding him as the second coming.

From those that have, where would you see him fitting into the first team? Is he a replacement for Nolan? I always thought he'd sit much deeper but that might just be my ignorance?

If he were to sit deeper, and we had someone like Skuse alongside do you think his creativity would allow Nolan to shine more? It's just not happening for him at the moment though he gets very little space to work in.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Andre Dozzell on 09:59 - Sep 26 with 4878 viewsrickw

Andre Dozzell on 09:11 - Sep 26 by Coastalblue

I've not seen that much of Andre, though possibly no less than some of those lauding him as the second coming.

From those that have, where would you see him fitting into the first team? Is he a replacement for Nolan? I always thought he'd sit much deeper but that might just be my ignorance?

If he were to sit deeper, and we had someone like Skuse alongside do you think his creativity would allow Nolan to shine more? It's just not happening for him at the moment though he gets very little space to work in.

He sees himself as a deep lying playmaker (as do England), however in some games if we need more physicality he might have to play where Nolan has been - in the advanced playmaker position

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Dozzell on 10:02 - Sep 26 with 4865 viewsBackToRussia

Andre Dozzell on 09:59 - Sep 26 by rickw

He sees himself as a deep lying playmaker (as do England), however in some games if we need more physicality he might have to play where Nolan has been - in the advanced playmaker position

A midfield three of Skuse, Dozzell and Nolan as the most advanced would have a nice balance to it. Maybe with Edun on the wing tucking in for support.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Andre Dozzell on 10:12 - Sep 26 with 4816 viewsSamWhiteUK

You think Emmanuel is better than Donacien?
Andre Dozzell on 11:59 - Sep 26 with 4643 viewsAce_High1

Dozzell should be in the team. We need someone with creativity in the middle. Appreciate the concerns about his fitness but at some point he needs to be thrown in.
Andre Dozzell on 12:03 - Sep 26 with 4620 viewsHerbivore

Andre Dozzell on 08:45 - Sep 26 by Johnny_Boy

Dozzell isn't an attacking midfielder.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Andre Dozzell on 12:15 - Sep 26 with 4577 viewschicoazul

If Beattie were at the club now he’d never get a game under the current regime

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Andre Dozzell on 12:27 - Sep 26 with 4533 viewstitanicclown

Andre Dozzell on 08:45 - Sep 26 by Johnny_Boy

Exactly right. Skuse / Chalobah are too slow on the ball. Weve got a whippet upfront who needs quick ball but doesnt get any.
Yes Dozzell is physically weak and pretty slow but his one touch stuff and general speed of passing is exactly what Jackson needs.
Andre Dozzell on 12:55 - Sep 26 with 4442 viewsMonkey_Blue

Andre Dozzell on 12:15 - Sep 26 by chicoazul

If Beattie were at the club now he’d never get a game under the current regime

Tun point being his training stats wouldn’t be good enough. That’s what PH has said “when we analyse the data”:
Andre Dozzell on 13:03 - Sep 26 with 4400 views44_not_out

Andre Dozzell on 08:18 - Sep 26 by Bluefish

Would it be churlish to suggest Dozzell is not included on Saturday? I just fear we might win, PH has a stay of execution and we have to put up with this dross for a few more weeks.

If we lose, PH goes 🙏🏻, Dozzell comes in for the next 36 matches, wins player of year by 4 votes from Bart (who is also reinstated into the team) and we finish 4th bottom courteous of a final day 1-0 win after Ellis Harrison scores his first Town goal!
Andre Dozzell on 13:06 - Sep 26 with 4384 viewsReuser_is_God

Andre Dozzell on 10:02 - Sep 26 by BackToRussia

A midfield three of Skuse, Dozzell and Nolan as the most advanced would have a nice balance to it. Maybe with Edun on the wing tucking in for support.

If you're playing 3 in midfield with a winger 'tucking in for support' suggests to me that the midfield 3 isn't that strong.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Andre Dozzell on 13:19 - Sep 26 with 4332 viewsCoastalblue

Andre Dozzell on 12:55 - Sep 26 by Monkey_Blue

Tun point being his training stats wouldn’t be good enough. That’s what PH has said “when we analyse the data”:

Most of the guys that played with Beattie always said he was naturally the fittest and quickest in training, so unless he was carrying one of his many injuries I don't think he'd have had too much trouble with training stats.

The guy was a freak of nature, incredible physical specimen who was then blessed with enormous skill.

Not sure how the fags would have gone down though.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Andre Dozzell on 13:22 - Sep 26 with 4321 viewsBackToRussia

Andre Dozzell on 13:06 - Sep 26 by Reuser_is_God

If you're playing 3 in midfield with a winger 'tucking in for support' suggests to me that the midfield 3 isn't that strong.

You've missed us being winless and bottom then?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Andre Dozzell on 13:34 - Sep 26 with 4280 viewsMonkey_Blue

Andre Dozzell on 08:50 - Sep 26 by Guthrum

They weren't 'lower league journeymen', that's just making easy excuses for why our team isn't working. They were some of the brightest young prospects from among the best-performing teams in the lower divisions, lads several who were challenging for promotion last season. They're an important few years older and tens of League games more experienced than our youths.

Or they're genuinely experienced youth internationals (Chalobah and Edun). And I'm not talking the couple of appearances which Downes and Nydam have. Dozzell is the only one really comparable.

Finally on to him. Yes, I really hope it's getting to the stage he can be included. Given the number of U23 games he's played, his match fitness must be there or thereabouts. And, given Nolan's underperformance, he has to be worth a try.

Erm..... who did we beat to sign them? And most of them are mid twenties not youngsters.
Andre Dozzell on 14:21 - Sep 26 with 4186 viewsGuthrum

Andre Dozzell on 13:34 - Sep 26 by Monkey_Blue

Erm..... who did we beat to sign them? And most of them are mid twenties not youngsters.

Most of them we had to compete for, or at least were linked with orher clubs (apart from the Shrewsbury two).

At age 24 a footballer is just coming into his prime. There's a reason the top Youth category is U23.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 14:23]

Andre Dozzell on 15:48 - Sep 26 with 4046 viewsMonkey_Blue

Andre Dozzell on 10:12 - Sep 26 by SamWhiteUK

You think Emmanuel is better than Donacien?

Yes, emmanuel is better than Donacien.... however the point is more that we could have saved the cash and used it towards buying better players
Andre Dozzell on 16:03 - Sep 26 with 4022 viewsSomethingBlue

Andre Dozzell on 15:48 - Sep 26 by Monkey_Blue

Yes, emmanuel is better than Donacien.... however the point is more that we could have saved the cash and used it towards buying better players

Donacien is several times the defender Emmanuel is. Let's hope JE can bridge that gap, but he has never really looked good enough for our first team — let's be honest, not sentimental.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Andre Dozzell on 16:11 - Sep 26 with 3997 viewsbraveblue

Under MM a young player had a good game and was dropped as the older bloke returned.

PH says the medics recommend Andre is not ready yet. He is looking after him. What a disgrace!!
Your post is like the Brentford game, half good and half bad :) on 16:20 - Sep 26 with 3971 viewsDyland

Spot on about Dozzers.

The other stuff is pretty fallacious though.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024