Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone else genuinely fully lost interest or care about football anymore ? 20:39 - Sep 22 with 1386 viewsjpring89

I have mainly due to the demise of this once great club. I know you can’t be great forever but it’s literally been a slow painful death since we were relagated from Premier League all those years ago.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Has anyone else genuinely fully lost interest or care about football anymore ? on 20:45 - Sep 22 with 1336 viewsm14_blue

Very nearly.

It's not just about Ipswich being rubbish for me though, it's everything about the modern football that Sky has created.

I don't even particularly want Ipswich to be in the PL circus and, given that, what's the point?
Has anyone else genuinely fully lost interest or care about football anymore ? on 20:50 - Sep 22 with 1301 viewsgtsb

I lost interest years ago. Love Ipswich, hate football. Everything is money.
Has anyone else genuinely fully lost interest or care about football anymore ? on 20:52 - Sep 22 with 1304 viewsSporall

I really try not to give a damn anymore, as it consumes too much of my life, in a negative way. I just can't help myself though. I do find my self giving less of a damn about the results, but I still follow them minute by minute.
Has anyone else genuinely fully lost interest or care about football anymore ? on 20:55 - Sep 22 with 1283 viewspointofblue

Has anyone else genuinely fully lost interest or care about football anymore ? on 20:45 - Sep 22 by m14_blue

Very nearly.

It's not just about Ipswich being rubbish for me though, it's everything about the modern football that Sky has created.

I don't even particularly want Ipswich to be in the PL circus and, given that, what's the point?

I'm similar to you. Look, we're going to go down and some poor sod is going to be charge of us when it happens and take the rap for it. But the fact is we're a pauper in an age of princes where money is more important than coaching talent or skill - if you don't have the financial backing you're screwed.

It's all about how many millions are spent and it's now seeped into the Championship as well. Dare I say it but League One is probably the first 'proper' football league now - just as well as I think we will be joining it in the future.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Has anyone else genuinely fully lost interest or care about football anymore ? on 21:03 - Sep 22 with 1252 viewsBent_double

I certainly care. It actually annoys me that I still care so much - I really thought it would get easier as I got older and I would just be able to brush off the constant disappointment that supporting Ipswich has been over the last 17 years!

But no, it still hurts, part of me wishes there was something I could take or do to make me lose interest in the game, but that isn't going to happen, so something needs to change to improve the current situation, surely we deserve better than this?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Has anyone else genuinely fully lost interest or care about football anymore ? on 21:09 - Sep 22 with 1227 viewsGarv

The only time I've come anywhere near close was during the last couple of years, but Mick McCarthy wasn't going to stop me enjoying football or my club in general, even though the entertainment or even willingness to entertain was rubbish.

I'd be pretty shocked and upset if us appointing Paul Hurst and having a bad start to the season has pushed anyone over the edge. The 'new era' was something that should have taken people out of the slump and reinvigorate them. A poor start and even a poor season shouldn't prevent that.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Has anyone else genuinely fully lost interest or care about football anymore ? on 21:19 - Sep 22 with 1195 viewsjudespiveyg

Nope,although sometimes I wish I didn't care after some losses, but I can't help it, Ipswich results will always matter a great deal to me. Watching football other than Ipswich I struggle with as I find it's hard to watch a match where I don't care who wins.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Has anyone else genuinely fully lost interest or care about football anymore ? on 21:21 - Sep 22 with 1178 viewsfabian_illness

I love Ipswich more than anything else.
I was born in Beaconsfield Rd and my mum was a massive fan.
I was there as a lad through the youth ranks.
It’s in my blood.
But that’s as far as it goes.
The premier league is a massive turn off, I really struggle to enjoy the modern game at the supposed top end. Sky’s propaganda machine, the unbelievable sums of money, the play acting.

But i’ll always love ITFC. Always.
Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone else genuinely fully lost interest or care about football anymore ? on 21:21 - Sep 22 with 1182 viewsRyorry

Not addressing anyone in particular, and I feel similarly to most people about the sad demise of real football being taken over by moneybags. As I've said a few times before, since Man City & Chelski were bought by billionaires, how clubs have fared has been largely determined by who bought them & how much money they were prepared to pump in. Bluemancs got bought by a Sheikh, we got bought by ME. Before that we were on a par. Leicester winning the Prem was one of those hopes dangled that eventually kills you!

However - such defeatism too. Look at Coventry & Wimbledon. We don't have to give in, *we* are the long-term bloodstream that keeps ITFC going - as we all know, managers, players and owners come and go, but there are always tens of thousands of us supporters, new generations taking up the shirts and the batons of those who, sadly, pass away. C'mon, keep going, fight the good fight, ITFC forever! COYB!
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 21:26]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Has anyone else genuinely fully lost interest or care about football anymore ? on 21:30 - Sep 22 with 1130 viewsFtnfwest

Has anyone else genuinely fully lost interest or care about football anymore ? on 21:21 - Sep 22 by Ryorry

Not addressing anyone in particular, and I feel similarly to most people about the sad demise of real football being taken over by moneybags. As I've said a few times before, since Man City & Chelski were bought by billionaires, how clubs have fared has been largely determined by who bought them & how much money they were prepared to pump in. Bluemancs got bought by a Sheikh, we got bought by ME. Before that we were on a par. Leicester winning the Prem was one of those hopes dangled that eventually kills you!

However - such defeatism too. Look at Coventry & Wimbledon. We don't have to give in, *we* are the long-term bloodstream that keeps ITFC going - as we all know, managers, players and owners come and go, but there are always tens of thousands of us supporters, new generations taking up the shirts and the batons of those who, sadly, pass away. C'mon, keep going, fight the good fight, ITFC forever! COYB!
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 21:26]

Don’t forget Leicester were the 24th richest club...in the world... even before they won it, having got out of debt by starting the club again. A great achievement no doubt, but not a fairy tale
Has anyone else genuinely fully lost interest or care about football anymore ? on 21:46 - Sep 22 with 1064 viewsgt81

Has anyone else genuinely fully lost interest or care about football anymore ? on 20:52 - Sep 22 by Sporall

I really try not to give a damn anymore, as it consumes too much of my life, in a negative way. I just can't help myself though. I do find my self giving less of a damn about the results, but I still follow them minute by minute.

I agree with this.

Football, and similar spectator sports, are a poor investment of time, money and energy at the best of times. It's a lot just for a fleeting buzz when you could be doing things with your own life that bring much greater reward and satisfaction.

The dodgy ethics of the world of football today are just another nail in the coffin, football itself has come to mirror many of the things I dislike about the world in general. The only question I ask is why bother, it's not like anyone is holding a gun to my head and forcing me to watch/listen to this charade.
Has anyone else genuinely fully lost interest or care about football anymore ? on 21:48 - Sep 22 with 1057 viewsRob88

In a conversation today I described myself more as a follower of Ipswich than a fan. It’s difficult to get fanatical about our seasons of late.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024