Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? 22:53 - Sep 19 with 7894 viewstpsontour

14,444 ITFC fans in the ground last night (attendance 14,879, 453 away fans).

Last season 14,575 ITFC fans (attendance 15,348, 773 away fans) there for the same fixture.

This season was a Tues rather than a Sat and there is now the Sky red button. But last night's turn-out was presumably boosted by some attending to pay tribute to the Beat.

All we heard last season was people promising to return to Portman Road in their droves when Mick left.

So where are they?

Maybe they've realised that watching a team regularly fail to win football matches isn't any more entertaining?
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 22:58 - Sep 19 with 4524 viewstextbackup

sht fans are sht regardless of the manager
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 23:28]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 23:08 - Sep 19 with 4491 viewsstrikalite

Red button will knock thousands off midweek attendances, not just at PR, Reading looked pretty empty tonight, not sure what that attendance was..

A14 is a f'in mare right now too, put the two together and it won't help, but there really is no excuse from anyone living within Ipswich for midweek games, though those people will argue that if they're paying for Sky and the game is being shown then why shouldn't they watch it and save £25/30? It might be that Clubs have to lower mid-week on the gate prices now, but that's a whole new 10 page discussion..
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:06 - Sep 20 with 4337 viewsBloomBlue

Because football isn't about style it's about winning, if MM had been top of the league towards the end of the season even playing hoof football no fans would care about the style they would have be there in huge numbers.
The style argument is fans trying to sound trendy.
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:09 - Sep 20 with 4326 viewsStokieBlue

So you've done an analysis whilst acknowledging the entire premise of the comparison is flawed (Tuesday, Red button etc).

Some would think this would indicate you just wanted to post something negative.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:15 - Sep 20 with 4305 viewsMattinLondon

Years and years of stagnation is probably the main reason why a lot of fans aren’t turning up
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:16 - Sep 20 with 4303 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:09 - Sep 20 by StokieBlue

So you've done an analysis whilst acknowledging the entire premise of the comparison is flawed (Tuesday, Red button etc).

Some would think this would indicate you just wanted to post something negative.

SB

People said they would go ............. they haven't.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:21 - Sep 20 with 4272 viewsStokieBlue

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:16 - Sep 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Really?

Impossible to say from that single sample size, on a Tuesday night, when people can watch on TV as I'm sure you're well aware.

Might be true over the season, let's see. Will depend on performances mostly.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:23 - Sep 20 with 4254 viewsBenters2

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:16 - Sep 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Some have some havent.

Its good we have threads like this pulling people out and being at each other's throats on a daily basis.

Although my hourly stalker Blueallover seems to think its good?

[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 7:56]
Login to get fewer ads

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:28 - Sep 20 with 4245 viewsBlueySwede

If I didn´t have to travel over the North sea, I would be at every game. Now I will have to settle for QPR in October.
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:30 - Sep 20 with 4233 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:23 - Sep 20 by Benters2

Some have some havent.

Its good we have threads like this pulling people out and being at each other's throats on a daily basis.

Although my hourly stalker Blueallover seems to think its good?

[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 7:56]

Talk about over reaction.......it's just an observation. Whether or not people can press a red button makes no difference when people have stated they would go by the way Stokie.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:31 - Sep 20 with 4234 viewsCoastalblue

Who?
About 20 people on here being dramatic or making excuses? Not sure we'll notice the difference.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:33 - Sep 20 with 4224 viewsportmanroadblue

All the Mick inners are refusing to go until he is reinstated
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:01 - Sep 20 with 4107 viewsBenters2

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:30 - Sep 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Talk about over reaction.......it's just an observation. Whether or not people can press a red button makes no difference when people have stated they would go by the way Stokie.

Do you think im over reacting?

I thought it was a very calm post.
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:03 - Sep 20 with 4113 viewsSuperfrans

What? You mean they haven't returned? But they gave their word... The only reason they weren't coming to matches was because of Mick and his football...?

What a massive surprise.

That's because it was total BS. I wish people would just be honest about these things.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:05 - Sep 20 with 4092 viewsartsbossbeard

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:03 - Sep 20 by Superfrans

What? You mean they haven't returned? But they gave their word... The only reason they weren't coming to matches was because of Mick and his football...?

What a massive surprise.

That's because it was total BS. I wish people would just be honest about these things.

If you're in the vicinity and can't be bothered to honour the greatest player that has ever worn the shirt then you've got to have a good look at yourself and ask whether you can call yourself a Town fan or not.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 8:09]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:10 - Sep 20 with 4057 viewsSuperfrans

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:05 - Sep 20 by artsbossbeard

If you're in the vicinity and can't be bothered to honour the greatest player that has ever worn the shirt then you've got to have a good look at yourself and ask whether you can call yourself a Town fan or not.

Totally.

I completely understand people who can't get to games, especially evening games, from long distances. But if you can jump on a bus, jump in a car and get there from nearby, you would be there - if you're a fan of any kind.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 8:11]

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:14 - Sep 20 with 4039 viewsSuperfrans

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 22:58 - Sep 19 by textbackup

Problem is, lots of fans last season were saying they're not sht fans. but they didn't like someone they thought was a sht manager.

We're simply finding out that they were simply sht fans all along.

I have to say too, mate, that a lot of the people who I saw making a lot of fuss last season were those being noisy at London away games. There's a certain crowd of them.

Anyway, the ones who I was seeing a lot simply haven't been around this season (apart from maybe the derby match). Why not I wonder?

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:17 - Sep 20 with 4025 viewsRadlett_blue

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 23:08 - Sep 19 by strikalite

Red button will knock thousands off midweek attendances, not just at PR, Reading looked pretty empty tonight, not sure what that attendance was..

A14 is a f'in mare right now too, put the two together and it won't help, but there really is no excuse from anyone living within Ipswich for midweek games, though those people will argue that if they're paying for Sky and the game is being shown then why shouldn't they watch it and save £25/30? It might be that Clubs have to lower mid-week on the gate prices now, but that's a whole new 10 page discussion..

It would be interesting to try to gauge the impact of the Red Button Show on attendances, say by comparing those so far with a club's average for midweek games last season. However, we should be wary of "official" attendances, which count all season ticket holders as attending; they are far more likely to skip a Tuesday night if on the red button.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:18 - Sep 20 with 4024 viewsitfcjoe

They just find another excuse not to come.

Until we are in the top 6 and winning most weeks people won't come back, they just pretend they will until it gets to that time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:25 - Sep 20 with 3987 viewsskyblue23

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 22:58 - Sep 19 by textbackup

Really? I was one of the fans that said they'd go back when McCarthy had gone as I couldn't bare it anymore. Guess what? I've been to every home game so far this season and going on Saturday again. Might be on a winless run but at least the manager isn't telling fans to f##k off and refusing to play players that the fans call for, I dont pay £25 every game to get told to f#'k off.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:27 - Sep 20 with 3973 viewsBluebell

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:17 - Sep 20 by Radlett_blue

It would be interesting to try to gauge the impact of the Red Button Show on attendances, say by comparing those so far with a club's average for midweek games last season. However, we should be wary of "official" attendances, which count all season ticket holders as attending; they are far more likely to skip a Tuesday night if on the red button.

I honestly can't understand why people would prefer to watch on television when the coverage is awful and no atmosphere.

I would chose a live Ipswich game over that any day no matter how long it takes us to get to the game, what time we get back home again and the fact we have to take time off work to be there!
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:32 - Sep 20 with 3954 viewsSuperfrans

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:17 - Sep 20 by Radlett_blue

I was surprised how few Bees fans there were there on Tuesday, just over 400 or so, given how well they're doing, how close we are etc. But they only brought 700 odd when they last came (on a Saturday) according to the OP, so they obviously just don't have a very big away following.

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:42 - Sep 20 with 3901 viewsCoastalblue

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:27 - Sep 20 by Bluebell

I honestly can't understand why people would prefer to watch on television when the coverage is awful and no atmosphere.

I would chose a live Ipswich game over that any day no matter how long it takes us to get to the game, what time we get back home again and the fact we have to take time off work to be there!

I agree with you, and went Tuesday, but I'm self employed again these days and if I'm lucky I'm working close to home or between home and Ipswich giving me a sub two hour drive most times.

I cover anywhere in the country South of Manchester so sometimes to get to a midweek game literally requires a day off, unpaid.

I guess I agree with you and the posts above, if you're a reasonable distance away then it's hard to justify not going if you've claimed you will (I went less and less toward the end of MM's time as I simply wasn't enjoying it) but Town does have support across a wide spread area and it's not always easy for ll of us to be there.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:45 - Sep 20 with 3889 viewsReuser_is_God

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:03 - Sep 20 by Superfrans

What a massive surprise.

I stopped going because of Mick & I’m back

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:46 - Sep 20 with 3876 viewsReuser_is_God

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:05 - Sep 20 by artsbossbeard

Agree, all things considered that was an embarrassing gate on Tuesday.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024