Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich Fan - In Peace.. 18:32 - Sep 19 with 6816 viewstrev1991

Firstly, the owner of this account is not a Norwich fan, but I am, and live with him (no inbred jokes as it kind of entangles you lot into it too!) and since we are always chatting football he said about posting on here once he bothered to set up an account, so thought why not!

Firstly, Trev is pretty negative on Hurst so far and the season. Understandable but bizarrely, it's been me, a Norwich fan, trying to boost his morale!

It appears from talking to Trev that you've had changes up and down the club. I thought Mick was doing a really good job with you guys (budget wise, and keeping competitive, whilst allowing us to win the derbys... ;) ). But even from a NCFC view, coming to Portman Road and seeing empty seats isn't good for our derby or the championship and if the football was that bad then i'm not sure any Norwich fan can criticise Ipswich fans for wanting change. We done it with Hughton, and that was in the prem. We couldn't stick it and that was in a division where we were consistently the lowest spender in wages.

Anyway, and onto my main point; change takes time. We brought in Farke under Webber where we changed the running from the football club all the way at the top with a Finance Director, a Sporting Director, and a head coach role. We then changed the entire sports science team, the training regimes and the use of psychological coaching too. On top of that we wanted to completely change the playing style to Farke (and Webbers) preferred way. Some related it to Huddersfield but the reality is Wagner was always closer to Klopp whilst Farke closer to Pep (obviously neither in the same stratosphere but i'm sure you get the point). When we took this on we also had to offload a lot of large wage earners that weren't paying whilst bringing in foreign players who were completely new to this league.

To say the least last season was up and down but pretty much as we expected. We benefited from a top, top player in James Maddison although it sometimes impacted us negatively as well in making us too predictable. It was also difficult to implement the playing style whilst players adapted to the league and vice versa.

Whilst the results don't show it this season, the game against you lot aside (one of our worst performances under Farke), our playing style has developed and evolved. We passed Boro of the park Saturday. We got players on the cheap like Leitner who is still young yet was on the bench in a Champions League final and highly rated by Klopp. Hopefully we continue the transition and we only really have Naismith and Oliveira left to offload from the wage bill, and Naismith's contract is up at the end of the season. Our wage bill will then be in-line with our income, and give us a bit more flexibility in the market.

Although i'm not sure you care about all that, I wanted to give some background because I think if you're expecting Hurst to be able to implement all his changes as you would like, it's not going to be easy. I was an admirer of Hurst last season and a little annoyed that you lot got him! Ben Godfrey and Morris both speak positively about him too.

I can imagine without a win it's incredibly frustrating. But I imagine it's a big change for a lot of players and there will be some fallouts with some of the pre-existing squad which will need sorting too. All part and parcel.

The only negatives I have for Trev and you guys is observations from having seen two games, the one against us and Brentford last night, which i'm not sure will go down well but i'm genuinely trying to post from as much of an unbiased view as i can:

- Implementing a new playing style is difficult and requires coaching and consistency. I don't see that Hurst is doing enough to encourage that style of play during a game and is making it 'forgiven' for your players to resort to long ball, direct football. You can forgive that in the Derby because we've been a 'project' for a lot longer than you and still struggle to play our passing game consistently in our derby matches. But against Brentford, and with no Walters, I expected to see more of the passing play come to fruition. If i'm totally honest, I really didn't see it. When Brentford didn't press and left gaps between the lines, of course there was some short passing along the deck, but any team would try and exploit that regardless of style. Again, I can only go by what i'm being told which is that Hurst was brought in to play a less 'hoofy' style of football. I'm not sure he was the best choice for that because a lot of Shrews play last season included using the physicality of Morris and playing off of knockdowns. Either way, to implement the style you need to force the players to adopt it even when things arent going well. Throwing it out because you've not won a game shows a lack of conviction and players then doubt the style.

- Finding strikers who can thrive of passing football is difficult and i'm not sure any of yours that i've seen (I think Jackson and Harrison) offer anywhere near enough to be prolific. So maybe something to sort in January.

Just some thoughts! If allowed I may post more often. That'll please you all!
Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 18:35 - Sep 19 with 6727 viewsJ2BLUE

Doubt anyone will stop you but not sure why you'd want to.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 18:55 - Sep 19 with 6564 viewsRadlett_blue

Lots of sense there, pal.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 18:59 - Sep 19 with 6519 viewsSpruceMoose

Hopefully there will be an audiobook of this post released soon as I'm too busy to sit and read it all but could probably listen to it while I build a house or something.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:04 - Sep 19 with 6471 viewsWestSussexBlue

Forgive me, but why are you a Visiting Budgie telling 99% of us what we already know?
Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:07 - Sep 19 with 6449 viewsblaggers

Good post.

Poll: What happens next?

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:08 - Sep 19 with 6438 viewsHorseboy

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:04 - Sep 19 by WestSussexBlue

Forgive me, but why are you a Visiting Budgie telling 99% of us what we already know?

Because he's taking the piss
Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:10 - Sep 19 with 6432 viewsSitfcB

F’ck off scum.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:12 - Sep 19 with 6411 viewsHennikerBlu

Firstly as a Town fan thank your fellow fans for the kind words over the sad loss of The Beat.

Where to begin, we have been in this league for a good few years, so at least treading water (deliberate understatement), whilst Nodge have really had to readjust financially and should have been at least in the play-offs last season. One good game against the Boro does not make you contenders and you are nowhere near a Brentford at this moment, from what I have seen.

Then lets look at budgets and squad values massive difference and Nodge still struggle to turn us over. A draw at your place with seconds to spare. If your claim to fame is this run over us then it shows what a low bar you have given yourselves since your relegation from the Prem. Have you forgotten you were relegated and have since squandered your parachute payments.

I appreciate that PH has not set the world alight and perhaps playing style seems to be close to MM's, but you have given Farke a failed season and yet are already telling us about Hurst. Not sure what you really want IT fans to say. It is all a little academic, because if things do not improve then there will be change, if PH demonstrates his vaunted potential then all will be fine. But frankly I would worry about your own lot and I am not massively convinced you have seen many Shrews games. Highlights don't count ;)
Login to get fewer ads

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:18 - Sep 19 with 6356 viewshomer_123

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:10 - Sep 19 by SitfcB

F’ck off scum.

Really?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:26 - Sep 19 with 6294 viewsjas0999

Why on Earth a Norwich fan would want to concern themselves with our club is beyond me. I couldn’t care less about Norwich. Never bother watching them.
Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:28 - Sep 19 with 6275 viewsSuperblue95

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:18 - Sep 19 by homer_123

Really?

Seemed a tad extreme didn't it?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Sod off. (n/t) on 19:29 - Sep 19 with 6263 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:34 - Sep 19 with 6217 viewsPinewoodblue

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:26 - Sep 19 by jas0999

Why on Earth a Norwich fan would want to concern themselves with our club is beyond me. I couldn’t care less about Norwich. Never bother watching them.

Suspect this is an account set up by a regular. No real Ipswich fan would set up a user account and then let a budgie lover use it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:37 - Sep 19 with 6178 viewsjas0999

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:34 - Sep 19 by Pinewoodblue

Suspect this is an account set up by a regular. No real Ipswich fan would set up a user account and then let a budgie lover use it.

Why?
Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:54 - Sep 19 with 6065 viewsitfctim

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:37 - Sep 19 by jas0999

Why?

Correct. And that comes from a fan of a club we finished above last season, and is hardly in a position to right what ever wrongs he see in us. Don't patronize us Budgie boy, you lot fell off your perch and have not got a parachute to save you any more.
Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 20:07 - Sep 19 with 5974 viewsSuffolktractor

Total b***ocks. To say that when you played us it was your worst performance under Farke.
I know several Scum season ticket holders and they reckoned that was their best performance this season until by all accounts you were reasonable against a disinterested Boro.
So please don’t patronise us by pretending to care for our predicament, cos we couldn’t give a s**t about yours!
Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 20:26 - Sep 19 with 5854 viewscrunchie1978

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 18:59 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

Hopefully there will be an audiobook of this post released soon as I'm too busy to sit and read it all but could probably listen to it while I build a house or something.

lmfao....
..brilliant!
Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 21:17 - Sep 19 with 5544 viewsWadeyBlue

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 19:18 - Sep 19 by homer_123

Really?

Yes, he needs to f*ck off.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 22:05 - Sep 19 with 5259 viewstrev1991

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 21:17 - Sep 19 by WadeyBlue

Yes, he needs to f*ck off.

Well, least you're honest I suppose.

You could be thanking us for beating Reading!
Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 23:18 - Sep 19 with 4847 viewsonceablue

Who' is shagging your sister you or him

Do one scum post on your own board
Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 08:10 - Sep 20 with 4379 viewsSlambo

This just depresses me further as it would seem this implosion Norwich were supposedly about to suffer is clearly not happening, and even - it would seem - the complete reverse is true...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 08:27 - Sep 20 with 4325 viewsKitman

The Hughton mention is interesting. He's certainly prospered since moving on from Nodge and gave your lot a good hiding in one of your last visits to the Amex. The Albion fans wouldn't swap him for the crown jewels right now....

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 09:19 - Sep 20 with 4185 viewsagentp

What a budgie will do to get a star...

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 10:48 - Sep 20 with 4029 viewsJackSted

Don't care virgin

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Norwich Fan - In Peace.. on 10:48 - Sep 20 with 4029 viewsTractorJack

Whether it pays off or not your approach is one I would have been much happier with. Namely, playing or at least attempting to play an attractive style of football with some degree of modern tactical thought, whilst also incorporating academy players (the two full backs look really good).

I'm not unhappy with Hurst but the early signs for this aren't good and I'm not talking about results.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024