Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So away from flouncing and wild speculation, team for Bolton on Satdee... 17:10 - Sep 19 with 838 viewsclive_baker

Gerks: Possession is 9 / 10 of the law and all that. Did well last night and no brainer for me that he starts

Donacien: Really impressed so far, hope he can make the right back slot his own. Light years ahead of Spence who shouldn't be near the side IMO.

Chambers: Skipper, leader, also happens to be a really solid defender. Nailed on.

Pennington: Really like him. I think he and Chambers can form a lovely little partnership, with Nsiala as back up for the time being. Nice option to have.

Knudsen: Not his greatest fan and certainly don't think he's 'all that' but he's solid enough and as good as we've got.

I think that back 4 could really form a solid base for us this season.

Midfield 4 of:

Edwards: My POTS at this early stage, loves to take on a man and create, can play on either side. Really like him. Would start him on the left.

Skuse: Mr reliable, know what you're going to get.

Chalobah: Technically as good as anyone in the squad, lovely with the ball but lacks consistency. That'll only come with game time.

Ward: Hit and miss but played well last night, my MOTM. Deserves to keep his place on the right.

Jackson: Lightening quick, 2 goals thus far in an average looking side and along with Donacien has looked the brightest of the PH signings for me. I think he can go on to justify his price tag and some.

Walters (if fit). Otherwise Harrison: Act as a foil for Jackson, both will work hard and offer a physical presence. I said it before he was signed as I had seen a lot of him at Bristol Rovers and I'll say it again, I really don't think Harrison is a Championship football but we don't really have an alternative.

Dozzell, Huws, Bishop (when fit), Downes and Nolan really need to be putting the pressure on Skuse & Chalobah to stake a claim. I would like to see more from Nolan in particular, I was excited when we signed him but he's looked a little off the pace for me.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So away from flouncing and wild speculation, team for Bolton on Satdee... on 17:13 - Sep 19 with 825 viewssparks

I cant see why one would depart from the team which started the second half last night. Walters is too much of a temptation hoof-wise.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

So away from flouncing and wild speculation, team for Bolton on Satdee... on 17:15 - Sep 19 with 810 viewssouthnorfolkblue

So away from flouncing and wild speculation, team for Bolton on Satdee... on 17:13 - Sep 19 by sparks

I cant see why one would depart from the team which started the second half last night. Walters is too much of a temptation hoof-wise.

I’d play Edun instead of Chalobah, but fundamentally I would be looking to stick with what worked in the second half

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

So away from flouncing and wild speculation, team for Bolton on Satdee... on 17:48 - Sep 19 with 748 viewschicoazul

So away from flouncing and wild speculation, team for Bolton on Satdee... on 17:13 - Sep 19 by sparks

Oh good it's 2008 again.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So away from flouncing and wild speculation, team for Bolton on Satdee... on 18:48 - Sep 19 with 692 viewsgordon

So away from flouncing and wild speculation, team for Bolton on Satdee... on 17:15 - Sep 19 by southnorfolkblue

I’d play Edun instead of Chalobah, but fundamentally I would be looking to stick with what worked in the second half

yeah agreed, should be Edun and Skuse as deeper midfielders, with Ward, Nolan and Edwards behind Jackson. Donacien, Chambers, Pennyfather and Knudsen in defence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024